PDA

View Full Version : Fun Dinner Resis...

Belster
03-06-2009, 11:05 PM
We are going back to the world in October. :cloud9:October 2008 was our first time using DDP...we love it and cannot wait to use it again!!!!

My only hang up is, I want to chose fun dining experiences for the family. A few things first though...
1. I would love to not repeat anything from last year.
2. I would prefer to use the plan for dinners only.(we are not big breakfast eaters)

With that said here is where we went last year and loved but would like to try mostly new things:

Liberty Tree (love it with characters)
Coral Reef (love it)
Sci-fi(love it)
Brown Derby(love it)
Crystal Palace(not a fan)
Le Chef de France(love it)

Any Suggestions?:confused:

the other micki
03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
My main goal for this trip was fun restaurants, also. These are some that I booked that aren't on your list...all dinners.

Ohana
50's Prime Time Cafe
T-Rex Cafe (DTD)
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Have fun planning!

Belster
03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I guess that I forgot to mention that we are looking for fun dining experiences.

Thanks!

Belster
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for your reply those look really good. Sorry I added the pp before I saw your posting...lol.

elmjimmlm
03-06-2009, 11:21 PM
50s is a great and fun place to eat if your server is up for it...

epceddie
03-06-2009, 11:30 PM
We've always had a great time at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary/

It's a buffett (bfast or dinner) and the food is pretty good, but you get to meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy.

We have some great photos with the characters and we like to make ressies for the first night of our trip and ride the monorail afterwards.

tjstrike
03-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Hoop dee do was really fun.

Ohana's the kids had a great time.

stitchaholic
03-07-2009, 07:04 AM
from my kids mouth

chef mickeys
T-Rex-not on DDP though
ohana's best friends breakfast(mickey and stitch tend to have sword fights and there is a parade)
tusker house
tour of the worlds in epcot-eat in your favorite countries(we had a pastry lunch in france at the bakery!
spirit of aloha dinner show

sassafras
03-07-2009, 07:27 AM
It's not a character meal, but you might try Whispering Canyon!

sassy2000
03-07-2009, 08:17 AM
We all loved Chef Mickey, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, and 50's Prime Time Cafe. Good food and fun for everyone. :mickey:

Hull-onian
03-07-2009, 08:41 AM
We find that Chef Mickeys gets our stay off to a good start. It is great with all the characters, and the food is good too. :eat:

EllieMae
03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
here's another vote for hoop-de-doo. It takes 2 dining credits, but it is really fun, and the food is suprisingly good. :mickey:

Mousefan29
03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree with other posters, Hoop-Dee-Do is a blast! Whispering Canyon is another favorite.

Also, the Biergarten in Germany is fun. They have a show with German music and dancing, as well as a fantastic buffet.

Belster
03-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow, thanks for all of the great replies so far...kep em coming.

Mfarquar
03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Whispering Canyon - it's really fun (got to love a restaurant that sings a song about how the GF is really just a Red Roof Inn). Wooden horsie races and dances with the dads are a hoot.

50s Prime Time Cafe - the mini kitchen areas where you eat are adorable. The waiters and waitresses are AWESOME (they're the aunt or the uncle and you're the kids). See what happens when you don't say please or put your elbows on the table! They love to play with you and it's super fun.

Teppan Edo - A little different from the others, but this is a traditional hibachi Japanese steakhouse. But, the food can be very simple for kids (simple chicken, shrimp or chicken), and the experience is definitely different if you don't have a good hibachi in your area. The chefs have a lot of personality and do very cool tricks like the smoking onion volcano and throwing bits of food up and catching them in their chef hat.

O'hana - great music, cute entertainment for the kids, beautiful view, plus the novelty of having your meat cut off skewers is different for the kids.

The Garden Grill - the restaurant rotates (you can see The Land ride), Chip & Dale wander around, and the last time I went there with my little cousins, they had worms in dirt for a surprise dessert - they loved it!

This is making me hungry! :eat:

Luv Eeyore
03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
We've had the most fun at 50's Prime Time (won't ever forget the sight of my DFIL being told to stand in the corner for putting his elbows on the table - he still talks about how fun it was, even if he did "get into trouble"), Hoop Dee Doo, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, and Garden Grill (which is DD's favorite).

TheVBs
03-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Is Tusker House a character meal?

Belster
03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I believe that it is for Donald's Safari Breakfast.

How is that breakfast by the way?

kathiep
03-07-2009, 05:32 PM
We always have a lot of fun at Biergarten. The kids love getting up to dance. We also really enjoy O'Hana for dinner.