PDA

View Full Version : Should I have Plan B?

saunie
03-06-2009, 07:27 PM
We have the DDP and I'm due to call in my ADR's next week and have my spreadsheet ready. Do you thing I should have a second choice for each meal?

irish1967
03-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I have alternatives in mind when I call. But what I usually do is start with my top priority and then work my way down the list.

We generally get what we want. I make sure to call right away on the first day ADRs can be made.

CaptSmee
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
plan on being flexible in case you can't get what you were after...it always helps me.

Insanity Clause
03-06-2009, 08:13 PM
It is always a good idea to have backups. I hade a list of backups all ready but I didn't have to use them because I could be flexible with the times and we are a party of 7. As long as you have some flexibility and have a couple of back up in mind you shouldn't have any problems.

Pirate Granny
03-07-2009, 01:22 AM
make sure you allow yourself time to make the call...I spent 30 minutes on hold (I called right at 7am) and then it took another 30 minutes to complete with this new system. I should tell you we got everything we wanted, with the exception of a VERY EARLY dinner at Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic Package (only time available was 4 or 4:10)...and we only have two persons and a toddler...perhaps I'll start checking back about that one. We even got Cindy's Table for 5:20 on our first night in the park...REMEMBER Cindy can be made 180 days out or is it 120...whatever it's more than 90 days. ENJOY...
:pirate:

Mickey91
03-07-2009, 01:59 AM
You should definitely have plan B. It just makes it easier if you can't get your first choice.

tadshome
03-07-2009, 06:10 AM
REMEMBER Cindy can be made 180 days out or is it 120...whatever it's more than 90 days. ENJOY...
:pirate:

I have tried to booko for Cindy's and they have told me that it is now 90 days :cry:

stitchaholic
03-07-2009, 06:51 AM
yes,have a plan B,even if it the same restaurants at different times and days.

saunie
03-07-2009, 09:15 AM
New spreadsheet finished!
:thumbsup:

kathiep
03-07-2009, 03:58 PM
It has always helped me to be flexible in the time of the ADR. If they don't have something around the time I prefer, I try to make it earlier or later. I also start with the hardest to get, most popluar ones. That way if they simply don't have the day I want, I just try to get that restaurant on one day of the trip and switch the others around from there.

GoofyGirl18
03-08-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm glad to hear that other people use spreadsheets to organize their trip besides me. I'll have to tell my husband. He is ready to get me professional help.

saunie
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I knew my accounting skills would come in handy one day. This is a work in progress.

dolphinmickey9170
03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
The only issue I had when I called on our 90-day mark was I had to switch our Fantasmic to a different day. Luckily it was an easy swap for us as I switched O'Hana and hardly anyone had booked that yet. I even called late in the evening, they are open until 10pm during the week.

I only had to tweek my times by a 10-15 minute block, with the exception of LeCellier, that was a half hour difference. But it all worked out well!

Good luck and be ready to hold for a long time if necessary. If you are using your cell, have it on the charger while you hold. Don't give up and GOOD LUCK!!

dolphinmickey9170
03-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that other people use spreadsheets to organize their trip besides me. I'll have to tell my husband. He is ready to get me professional help.

No professional help needed. I use a spreadsheet as well which I "borrowed" from a Disney-loving podcaster!! It is awesome!!!!