PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend Tips

Dream'nDisney
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
We will be arriving on the last Saturday of the Star Wars Weekends. We have never been to the park during this event. What is there to see and do if we arrive in the late afternoon?

MOJoe
03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
As far as there being things to do, Jedi Training will still be going on, you can ride Star Tours, and the collectable merchandise will be for sale. There should still be plenty of characters to see, and the Star Wars actors may still be signing autographs, so you might get a glimpse. And of course there will be Hyperspace Hoopla at the end of the day. This is a dance party, which is very fun to see.

KylesMom
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Our flight lands at 10:00 the same morning, and we're hoping to be in the park by noon.

Honestly, we're going to try and get a few character pics, FP RnRC or ToT, eat a late lunch at Mama Melrose, spend some $$$ on the collectibles and catch the hoopla. The main goal is to get a "lay of the land" for Sunday. After that, we're heading on over to the MK.

99 Days to Go! :cloud9::mickey:

saunie
03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
We will be there that weekend too, hope to see some "special" characters.

jcvalenti
03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
You are so lucky ! We're arriving the weekend after it ends. If they had announced the schedule earlier, I might have pulled the kids out of school early just so I could make SWW. It's SOOO much fun.

The big tip is to make sure you get a good spot for the parade, which is awesome. I like posting up just in front of the area where the Jedi Training Academy is, which is where the parade ends.

We usually see very few rides on a SWW day, since the boys want to spend the whole time getting their faces painted and getting autographs and pictures with all the characters.

It doesn't sound like you'll get there early enough, but getting to the park at opening is always cool, as they do a show with stormtroopers on top of the front gates.

Aurora
03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
If you are Star Wars fans, definitely go to the "tent" in the back of the park near the entrance to the Backlot Tour. It's a warehouse full of Star Wars paraphernalia for sale. We nearly missed it because we got so many different answers from CMs who didn't know where they were selling stuff.

Also for the parade you can wait right in front of the sorcerer hat. Most people thought it was a pathway so they didn't stand there, but if you look on the ground you can see the tapemarks that you can stand behind.

Dream'nDisney
03-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the tips. I have a few more questions. What time is the parade? Is the Jedi Training Center near Star Tours?

Dream'nDisney
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
The Stormtrooper show sounds fun. Maybe we'll just wait and go Sunday morning (06/14). That is the last day for Star Wars Weekends, correct?

KylesMom
03-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the tips. I have a few more questions. What time is the parade? Is the Jedi Training Center near Star Tours?

The "Motorcade" usually starts somewhere around 10:30. After that, they usually have a photo op on the Jedi Training stage with all of the motorcade participants. The Jedi Training Academy is located at the stage right outside of Star Tours.

The Stormtrooper show sounds fun. Maybe we'll just wait and go Sunday morning (06/14). That is the last day for Star Wars Weekends, correct? Unfortunately, yes. 6/14 is the last day of Star Wars Weekends.

iheartdisney
03-08-2009, 10:36 AM
And of course there will be Hyperspace Hoopla at the end of the day. This is a dance party, which is very fun to see.

What is this? Where and when? Thanks!

joanna71985
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
What is this? Where and when? Thanks!

It takes place on the stage where they do the Jedi Academy, in front of Star Tours.

GoofyGirl18
03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
We'll be there that weekend too! Thanks to everyone for all the tips on the activities going on. I even went out & bought a dorky Star Wars t-shirt for the event. My husband is so proud.

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2009, 04:40 AM
We are going to be at Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekends this year with a couple of our friends who are huge Star Wars fans. I will definitely keep this information in mind. Thanks!

Dream'nDisney
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Is the hoopla a stage show to watch, or is it a crown-participation event? What time would the hoopla be on 06/13? Is it during the same time that Fantasmic is going on? Or maybe Fantasmic isn't going on that night?? I thought I read where they are cutting back on the Fantasmic shows.

joanna71985
03-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Is the hoopla a stage show to watch, or is it a crown-participation event? What time would the hoopla be on 06/13? Is it during the same time that Fantasmic is going on? Or maybe Fantasmic isn't going on that night?? I thought I read where they are cutting back on the Fantasmic shows.

It's sort-of like both. Most of the show takes place up on the stage. But they do teach a dance that the audience does as well.

KylesMom
03-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Is the hoopla a stage show to watch, or is it a crown-participation event? What time would the hoopla be on 06/13? Is it during the same time that Fantasmic is going on? Or maybe Fantasmic isn't going on that night?? While each "Hoopla" has been a little different, there is always a certain aspect of crowd participation. It usually occurs between 6 & 7 pm - however, the official Star Wars Weekends schedule has not yet been released to give a final time. Intercot will post the schedule when it is set.

As of right now, Fantasmic! is dark on this weekend . . . :(