PDA

View Full Version : 180 days approaching, but means nothing now.

Marker
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
So, I just crossed the 200 days mark. Normally I'd be starting to evaluate my ADR choices in prepartion for the 180 day mark. Well, not this time, it'll have to wait for the 90 day mark.

However, I did start thinking.

We have an 8 day trip planned from Sept 20 - Sept 27. According to my calculation, the 90 day mark for Sept 20 is June 22. So when I call on June 22 will I only be able to make my ADRs for Sept 20 and then call back on subsequent days for the rest of the week? Or will I be allowed to make ADRs for the duration of my stay?

Does the new reservation system prevent overlapping reservations? I have at times had overlapping ADRs when waiting to make a final decision based on yet to be published EMH, or MNSSHP days. (Yes, I ALWAYS cancel the unused ADRs as soon as I know which I'm using... and I am not intending to open that can-o-worms). Perhaps a benefit of the 90 day window, is EMH schedules may already be set.

deedeenmickey
03-06-2009, 11:42 AM
You have 90 day +10 if you are staying at a Disney resort. You can book Cindarellas Royal Table, Chef Mickeys and V & A at 180 days until June 18.

Happy Planning!

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I think you are wayyyyyyy ahead of the curve on this one this time around....

sept 20-27th? I think you can backburner that phonecall to WDWDIne for quite some time

Marker
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I think you are wayyyyyyy ahead of the curve on this one this time around....

sept 20-27th? I think you can backburner that phonecall to WDWDIne for quite some time

So, in your opinion when is it acceptable to begin thinking ahead. I figured a question is a question regardless or how "early" it's asked. Could very easily be someone with a similar question who is getting closer to their 90 day window.

Sounds to me, if I am interested in Chef Mickey's, Cindarellas Royal Table, or Victoria & Albert's, it is indeed time to think about it.

the other micki
03-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't sweat it, Marker. I have just about everything planned out by the time I'm where you are - 200 days. Some of us just enjoy the planning. I will say that my plans did change, for the better, before I reached my 90 day mark, so I think it's probably good to have a little more time to think things through before making ADRs.

scoot241
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I already have a preliminary plan set up for my trip in Sept. MNSSHP may already be changing some of those plans depending on whether or not we decide to go. I have 184 days to go until the trip.

Tinkerfreak
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
I am glad that they changed it back to 90 days but I do still plan it way ahead. I just get so excited I can't help it:blush:. I just make a list of what places we want so I am ready when the calander comes out and then I decide what adr for what day.

tinksmom02
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
You have 90 day +10 if you are staying at a Disney resort. You can book Cindarellas Royal Table, Chef Mickeys and V & A at 180 days until June 18.

Happy Planning!

I thought that CM and Cindy's had changed over to 90 days like everything else?

scoot241
03-07-2009, 01:28 AM
I thought that CM and Cindy's had changed over to 90 days like everything else?

If the date you want your reservation for is June 18 or prior, you can book CRT, CM and V&A 180 days prior to that date because of a glitch when moving over to the new reservation system. Of course, June 18 is less than 180 days away, so you might not be able to get what you want now.

motherof4
03-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Dear Marker,I dont blame you for planing ahead. I have already made my ddr and I am going in aug I have 163 days to go. It is important to plan ahead because when the day finally gets here to book it you must know what you are doing so you don't drive the people taking your reservations crazy I also have back up restaurants in case they ones I want are filled up. It takes careful and early planning to make a trip successful

Belster
03-07-2009, 12:05 PM
You guys must really think I am crazy!!! I am 230 days out and planning my dining already. I love it and want to think about it each day. I don't think there is anything wrong with early planning...it is half the fun!!!!

tinksmom02
03-07-2009, 03:02 PM
If the date you want your reservation for is June 18 or prior, you can book CRT, CM and V&A 180 days prior to that date because of a glitch when moving over to the new reservation system. Of course, June 18 is less than 180 days away, so you might not be able to get what you want now.

Thanks for the clarification, scoot. Our trip isn't until Sept so we don't fall into that window. Would've been nice to make at least one ressie next week when my 180 day window opens!

Mfarquar
03-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Hey Marker, don't feel bad! I'm doing the same thing!

I think it's OUT of the ORDINARY for Disney fans such as ourselves to NOT plan ahead. :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

To me, half the fun of a vacation is having something to look forward to (especially during cold winter months!).

We're going in September as well, and we're already talking about the restaurants we want to visit.

You bring up a good point, though. I wonder if you will be able to make multiple dining reservations. In the past, our party has broken up for dinner so that we can meet up for dinner with friends (from the area) in WDW. Also, I have a severe digestive disease, and I sometimes will make a backup reservation when we plan to eat somewhere more adventurous. For example, if we book San Angel Inn, I will also normally book a backup. If I am sick the week before the trip, I know I won't be able to do San Angel and cancel it (or visa versa). Hmmmm...

dtootsie42
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Marker....out trip is not till December and we are all ready looking at places we want to eat and the possible days. It used to be simple when our girls were little we picked they ate where we picked. Now that they are 21, 20 and 18 they have a lot of say where they want to eat, some like this place others don't. Gives my husband a headache but by the time he sits down and calls we usually have a plan that everybody can be happy doing.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

kathiep
03-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I feel your pain. What would have been our 180 day mark passed recently and I was at a loss. Even DH was getting in the mood to have planning discussions which is unusual for him this far out. Don't quite know what to do with myself for another 80 odd days...:(

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Planning is half of the fun! As soon as we make our trip reservations we start talking about plans and ADR's. Quite seriously, I'd be good to make ADR's 200 days out, waiting to 90-days was painful, but it does mean that the trip is that much closer :)

ljv1975
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm with you. We are also going in September and our 180 day mark is coming up this week. I've had a list of restaurants we plan to eat at made for two months, lol. The fact that I have to wait until June to make reservations is killing me!!

Oh well, I guess it gives me that much more time to obsess over menus and change my mind a million times! :mickey:

Insanity Clause
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Marker,

Don't feel bad about the over planning, I started to figure out our ADR's back in August for the trip we will be taking in April (42 days and counting). In my opinion, that is half the fun, trying to figure out where you want to stay and where you want to eat. June isn't as far off as it seems and to my knowledge it is still 180 for Chef Mickey's etc. I made mine in in late Jan and it was still that way but I guess it could have changed since then but you might want to call at the 180 just to be on the safe side.

wendy*darling
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Marker,
At 90 days, you will be able to make ADRs for your entire trip in one phone call.

The new system should prevent double bookings, but I am not sure if it really does that or not.

I believe we will also have park hours and EMH info by the 90 days mark- making those "what if" ressies unnecessary. :thumbsup:

I'm all for planning ahead. We are going in December- and I have had my ADR plans made since January! 11 months out! Sure, I will tweak them a bit here and there, but we all discussed it already and it will probably end up pretty close to the way it is now!

Happy Planning! :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
So, in your opinion when is it acceptable to begin thinking ahead. I figured a question is a question regardless or how "early" it's asked. Could very easily be someone with a similar question who is getting closer to their 90 day window.

Sounds to me, if I am interested in Chef Mickey's, Cindarellas Royal Table, or Victoria & Albert's, it is indeed time to think about it.

you mistook me....

I'm just saying that crowds should be light this year no matter what at this stage.....

So you should have alot of flexibility either way.....and that a 180 day window would be silly considering disney is still reporting a 7-10% reduction in bookings this year......which means probably a 30-50% reduction in off property bookings....which means a huge drop off in gate attendance.....

DVC is still 110% to capacity though.....lucky me:thedolls:

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2009, 03:55 AM
I'm just saying that crowds should be light this year no matter what at this stage.....

So you should have alot of flexibility either way.....and that a 180 day window would be silly considering disney is still reporting a 7-10% reduction in bookings this year......which means probably a 30-50% reduction in off property bookings....which means a huge drop off in gate attendance.....

If that's the case, then I don't understand why I wasn't able to get two of my choices, and I had to change all of my times on the ones I did get quite a bit. I called exactly 90 days out from our check-in day.

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
If that's the case, then I don't understand why I wasn't able to get two of my choices, and I had to change all of my times on the ones I did get quite a bit. I called exactly 90 days out from our check-in day.

that would depend on when you are going.....all days are not equal on the WDW calender....

The original poster was speaking of late September.....which is traditionally one of the worst weeks of the year.....they've propped it up with the "free dining" thing the last couple of years.....but i don't think that will work this time because the travelers that are typically attracted to that promotion are most likely included in the general decrease in spending that is going on in the US right now....