PDA

View Full Version : Can you reserve a room at your home resorts

trackbarroness
03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Can you reserve a room at your home resort any time or do you need to need to make them 11 months out? My Mom told me that we can make a reservation at our home resort as long as they have a room available at the time we want to stay at AKL. Is that true?

DisneyHoneymooners
03-06-2009, 09:52 AM
As long as rooms are available you can make them any time. We made our last reservations at AKL villas just 5 months before we went.

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
You can start making reservations 11 month from your check in date at your home.....and continue to do so until the rooms are unavailable up until the day before checkin

You can make reservations/ switch to a non-home resort at 7 months from your checkin date up until availability is gone....

trackbarroness
03-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Thank you so much guys I was under the impression that you had to call 11 months before the time you wanted to stay at your home resort. Got some plans to make.

BirdsOfPreyDave
03-15-2009, 12:44 PM
The official booking window and the possibility of availability are two different things. As previously posted, you can start making reservations at your home resort 11 months from check-in day. You can make a reservation as late as the day before you want to check in.

However, 8-11 months out is when you'll have the greatest chance of getting what you want. At 7 months out, all DVC members will start competing for rooms at your resort, too.

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
better to book in the 11 month window. your hotel could be all booked and no rooms. we have had this probelem not worth the trouble trying to get a room like getting on a wait list.