PDA

View Full Version : What are your opinions on "The Spirit of Aloha?"

SpecJoe Magic
03-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Please give us your thoughts about the show and the food. Your input is appreciated.

stitchaholic
03-06-2009, 06:25 AM
we loved the show,the hawaian dancers and the firedancer were amazing,although i will probably be eaten alive for saying this,we enjoyed it more than the hoopdedoo,although the food was better at the hoop de doo.
but you can't beat sitting outside on the water with a pinacolada and hawaiin sounds and views.
the food was good,just not as good.

DizneyRox
03-06-2009, 07:10 AM
:tikki::bolt::truck::bus::car::mop:

There you go...

Celakip
03-06-2009, 07:44 AM
It is definately the least of the three when compared with Hoop Dee Doo and Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Some of the performances are good, and the food is typical Disney good, but the "story" of the show is weak. It's not bad - go see it - but once is enough.:mickey:

SBETigg
03-06-2009, 08:04 AM
We have a local Polynesian themed dinner show with fantastic performers and good food. We tried Spirit of Aloha years ago and liked the performers, but weren't blown away since we've seen it all done well close to home. And the food? I hope it has improved because it was really awful back then. We were sorry we tried it. If we'd never had that kind of experience, though, we might have been really happy with the show and not cared much about the food.

TinkerbellT421
03-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I can sum it up by saying I will not be disappointed if I was never to see that show or eat there ever again. Yea yea ok the firedancer was awesome...but like I said in my trip report. The beginning is horribly unorganized BEFORE you even go to go sit and eat. Its like getting a bunch of elementary kids together in one room and try to keep it organized with no supervision. The food was blah. And the seating arangement is horrible. I was annoyed with the whole thing. It was a cool experience to see once, but I will never ever go out of my way to see it ever again unless they change everything about it (except the firedancer, I could watch him all night).

Hayden's Dad
03-06-2009, 09:21 AM
We liked the food and the dancers but the story was lacking. I don't think I would have wanted to pay out of pocket for it. We were on the deluxe dining plan so that helped.

jcvalenti
03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed it. We went for the first time last summer, and though the "story" was corny, the kids really enjoyed the music, atmosphere and dancing ... especially the hula dancing and, of course, the fire dancer.

Food was okay, and the drinks were plentiful.

It was nice, for us, since it gave us a reason to visit the Polynesian and get some great pictures, something we almost never do.

I would go again, but not every trip.

mickeymousedabomb
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
My family went to this show for the 1st time for our :turkey: T-Day dinner in '07 as something different to expierence. We loved it! The atmosphere, music and dancing was amazing! I can't believe there are so many neg feedbacks from this show. But for us, it was a very memorable expierence and we have only good things to say. Food was really good, our seating was great in tier 2 and our waiter was very accomidating and attentive. This year we are trying the HDD for :pilgram::pilgram2: T-Day dinner. I am sure we will be just as pleased! I guess you can read all the positive and negative feedback about a place you are interested in but there is only one way to really find out. Everyone's expierence is different for different reasons so as for me I do read the threads about a place we've never tried and I am going to go expierence it for myself if it's something we're interested in even if the comments are bad. Hey-ya never know!!:mickey:

Nini5055
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
We went last year with my parents when my dd was 6. The show was boring and my dd kept asking when the real show was going to start and then whined because she wanted to leave. The food was good to me...but my mother and dd didn't care for it much. The wine was awful. We will not go back again.

On the other hand, we will definatelly return to Hoop De Doo as it was SOOOO much fun!!!! We enjoyed the performance and the interaction with the audience was great. The food was good too! The wine choice was Sangria and it was good!!!

We have not tried Mickey's BYBBQ.

sassafras
03-06-2009, 10:16 AM
We've been there a few times. I personally preferred the old show. This one reminds me of an old beach party movie, but if you've never seen it, it's ok. The food is pretty good. You should try it at least once!

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
We actually enjoyed the whole experience of Spirit of Aloha. We had never been over to the Poly at night. Walking outside with the sidewalks dimly lit and the warm air was quite pleasant. We got seated, I want to say right up front where got a good view of the stage. Our dinner was excellent. We had a good server. The best part of the show for us was when they called the kids up on stage. It was really cute. We liked it. If you don't enjoy it, then I guess, you don't go again.:mickey: