PDA

View Full Version : Por V. Pofq

Bringonthemouse!
03-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Help me decide!
All of the photos I have seen for these resorts are fabulous. Please tell me which is your favourite of the two and why......

:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I love them both but I went with FQ because I like the fact it's smaller. I would be happy at either one though:thumbsup:

DisneyGlutton
03-05-2009, 11:28 PM
POFQ is more compact and more aesthetically pleasing to me, especially with all the courtyards and the paths themed as streets. POR has three differently themed areas and I don't like two of them.

dfamasb
03-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I love POFQ because it's nice and small and I love the grounds. Definitely would be my choice!

CanadianWDWFan
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
We have been to both and like them both but for us POFQ is our "home" resort.

What we like about it is the size. You are just never far away from anywhere on the resort. You can walk to get your coffee refills and be back in your room in about 5 minutes.

While we like POR we just found it too big for us.

An added bonus is that since these are sister resorts you can use any of the facilities at either resort.

katzctkpt
03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Riverside, it has 5 quiet pools, one signature pool, boat rentals, Boatwrights, great food court, on, and on, and on.....but you certainly can't go wrong with either, so you have a win, win situation....FQ has a great food court with the greatest dessert, the beginets....the grounds look beautiful.......

.....OK, so I'm not helping, huh ??? :cool:

Stu29573
03-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok, granted, I voted on heresay. I've stayed in POR and liked it, but I won't be at FQ until this June (already booked, yea!) but from what I've heard, I'll like it better...a little...:mickey:

4ubie1
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Granted, I have only stayed at POR but I was able to explore both and found that I did like POFQ. It was more to my taste plus the size of it makes it easy to get around. In all honesty, you can't go wrong with either of these resorts though. :thumbsup:

Mfarquar
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I've stayed at both, if you count Dixielandings as Riverside (they pretty much just changed the name).

We had to walk SO far every morning to get food and to the bus at RS. FQ rooms are all pretty close to all the amenities - pool, bus stops, food. The downside is that they only have a lounge, no restaurant.

FQ buses were also great. You're on first in the AM - and if it fills up, you go right to the park (instead of over to RS

I really think the Magnolia mansions section at RS is beautiful, but I still prefer FQ. We just make it a point to take a walk over to RS one night to unwind from a day in the parks. You can even walk over to use the RS restaurant - they're truly sister resorts. FQ is adorable in it's own right, and is very charming.

I think if you stay at FQ, you get the best of both worlds!

crazygoalie39
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Vote for POR here. Absolutely beautiful grounds and very relaxing. Just more my taste at POR.:mickey:

Luv Eeyore
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoyed wandering around POR much more. I also must admit that the last time we stayed at FQ the mattress sagged so severely in the middle, that the bed was unsleepable, so my viewpoint may be swayed by that last stay.

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
We like POFQ because of the size. It is easier to get around, even though the pool is large, it can get crowded at certain times of the day. We like the food court too. The fact that the bus is a short walk is a bonus too. :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
03-06-2009, 12:25 PM
We have stayed at POFQ and not at POR, but we did ride the bus around POR and it was just so much bigger and spread out vs POFQ.

I liked that even being out in Bldg 7 the food court, pool, gift shop and lobby were only about 5 min away. It was a nice stroll in the mornings to walk down the brick lined "streets" to the food court or walk along a pathway along the river to the pool. The place is compact and nice and relaxing (and this coming from a stress ball).

Mickey91
03-06-2009, 02:31 PM
We enjoy the open feel of POR. It is beautiful and one of our favorite resorts.:mickey:

jwallace378
03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Riverside:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
We stayed at POR on our honeymoon, and then at POFQ since.

I love POR. I loved the winding paths, the shaded walkways, the larger foodcourt, the quiet pools and the larger giftshop.

But, the rest of the family LOVES POFQ. DH loves the theming and the beignets, DD loves the slide, and I do enjoy the smaller, more compact resort. There is something about walking aound the "streets" at night.

I don't know if I helped much, but I think it is POFQ for our family! :thumbsup:

Crow
03-08-2009, 01:18 AM
FQ
theming and size

CaptSmee
03-08-2009, 03:07 AM
I despised Riverside...big, sprawling, non-efficient. Yuck! :(

KayDee
03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
DW and I love POR. We have gone over to Pofq to look around and it is very nice.However we were not impressed by the food court at all actually we were a little disappointed in it and decided we probably wont stay there because of it.Also I would say a lot of people voted for pofq based mainly on the fact that it is a small resort and has a really warm home feeling.
Now Por is a way larger resort that also offers a very good home feel to it, and in the end Por has way more to offer then pofq.Queit pools being the biggest plus for us.I know some will say hey they are sister resorts so you can really use everything at por and stay at pofq but trust me on this, we stayed 16 days at por and had trouble fitting in time to go to pofq.

mom2morgan
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
POFQ is more compact and more aesthetically pleasing to me, especially with all the courtyards and the paths themed as streets. POR has three differently themed areas and I don't like two of them.

Aside from Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend, what are you considering the third area?

mom2morgan
03-08-2009, 04:55 PM
LOVE Riverside - especially Magnolia Bend. It's true it is big and sprawling, but I like that since it feels open and grand - especially along the river. POFQ feels claustrophobic to me, and I find the decor very "in your face" - too bright, to manic, and the pool feels really "little kid". Have you checked out pictures of both on the Disney website? It might give you an idea for what suits your own style.
one caveat - POFQ probably better for little kids since there is less walking and a pool they tend to love.

LudwigVonDrake
03-08-2009, 05:24 PM
I like the smaller size of POFQ especially after a long day at the parks :mickey:

Amy_617
03-08-2009, 10:28 PM
My husband and I really enjoy staying at riverside. We never really like the AB section, but Magnolia Bend is BEAUTIFUL!! We had a room both times in Partree Place, and it was only about a 3-5 min walk to the food court! Plus, the walk is so peaceful. We had a waterview both times as well. We took the boat over to POFQ, and like other pp said...everything was in your face...really tight. I have to agree with the food court not being great at POFQ either. There are sooo many quiet pools at POR, so peaceful when hardly no one is in them after a day at the parks. Maybe it was the opposite of the parks that attracted us to this resort. We are usually in the parks from sun up to sun down crowded with people everywhere. It was just nice to come "home" to POR and rest in one of the quiet pools with no one to bother you. Very relaxing! That's just my :twocents: !!

Enjoy your trip!

dixielandings
03-09-2009, 08:46 AM
I like them both but Riverside is a sentimental favorite for me. It's the first Disney hotel I ever stayed in and I was completely mesmerized. It's so beautiful with the huge trees and walking paths along the water. I find it very peaceful, especially in Alligator Bayou. And the morning and evening walks to and from the bus stops are lovely. I love the Food Court and general store as well.

Now, if you decide to go with FQ, that's fine too. We really liked it. Just not quite as much as POR. Not quite.

DisneyGlutton
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Aside from Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend, what are you considering the third area?

I stand corrected...I guess Alligator Bayou nauseates me so much that it counted as two in my mind. Everytime I rode by on the PO bus I would think "how ugly!" lol

twinboyz
03-14-2009, 09:14 PM
The last time we were at POR, we stayed in Alligator Bayou, because there were 5 of us going. I'll admit, I was a little disappointed not staying in the Mansions, but the room was clean & comfy. We had excellent access to the bus stop and food court. The quiet pool closest to us was awesome and felt like our very own pool. Riverside is spreadout, but beautiful. Just depends on what you're looking for in a resort. Good luck with your planning! :thumbsup: We enjoyed the food court and the grounds immensly!

Mousemates
03-15-2009, 12:04 AM
we absolutely loved POFQ