PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo

saunie
03-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Is the Findo Nemo musical worth having in our itinerary? Of the live performances, which is your favourite?

Recusit8m
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
We just returned from WDW in January...We thought the Nemo show was great...Very fun...kids loved it...Give it a shot...If anything it will introduce your kids to some broadway style culture...

Pete Olsen
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
A must see. Very different than Lion King. Both are high qualitity performances. If we could only see one, it would be very difficult to choose.

Young@Heart
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
The Nemo show is AMAZING!!! Probably my favorite attraction at AK, or at least tied w/ EE. Even DH loved it. We taped most of it, and it's great to watch, almost more fun to watch than the movie. The songs are so catchy. As soon as it was over, I went to the kiosk near the exit hoping to find a CD, but no luck. :( At least we have "Big Blue World" on our 4 parks CD.

Just one bit of advice-don't go right after KRR. DS and I got soaked and even in the August heat, the AC in the theater was hard to deal with.

#1donaldfan
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
.....finding Nemo was fun, but the seats were very hard......

...we like festival of the lion king.....yes, those are hard as well, and no backs, but still it's a better show.....:blush:

GoofyforFun
03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
This is a must see!! Its like a Broadway production. Since you have never seen it. It is well worth it. For us, (11) of us it was a:thumbsup: for everyone!! Enjoy

dfamasb
03-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Love the Nemo show and love Lion King also...they are both must-sees for us when we visit.

joanna71985
03-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Finding Nemo is amazing!! It is a must-see, in my opinion.

Altair
03-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Here are some shots of the show:
Don't look if it would spoil it for you.

Finding Nemo show pics (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/570040254Jkoode)

saunie
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Did you do the Tusker House lunch first? We'll be there mid June?

Briansmom
03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
If you've never seen it, then you need to go!

One word of caution though....when we went, we got there only a few minutes before the show was scheduled to start and the only seats we could get were on the very right side only about four rows up from the front......we had a wall right in front of us and had to really strain to see alot of the show.

This time we will get there earlier so we have a better choice of seats and be able to see it from a better vantage point.:thumbsup:

ASweetLov
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
I havent been to all the live performances at WDW. Last time I was there and at the Animal Kingdom Nemo was closed. I would say as of right now Beauty and The Beast live show is my favorite!

MOJoe
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
My DW loves Beauty and Lion King. I love Indy and Fantasmic. But Nemo is our favorite. Don't miss it.

JPL
03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
It's definately worth the time especially if you have never seen it before. I am not a big show person and the couple of times I went to the show I really enjoyed it.

prttynpnk
03-06-2009, 12:42 PM
We never miss it- we got great seats last time- the characters that come into the audience were right in front of us. :mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I love the Finding Nemo show! Very entertaining! I would suggest getting there at least 30-45 minutes before the show so that you can get decent seats. And see either the first or last show of the day--the line for the show forms outside and as the shaded areas are limited it can be a hot wait in the sun, especially if you go to one of the afternoon shows.

Maleficent's Dad
03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
It's about the most "professional" production in all of WDW. It's very enjoyable, very well done. The only theme park show that I've seen which could compare would be the Aladdin show in Disneyland's CA.

Insanity Clause
03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
I am looking so forward to seeing the Nemo show next month when we are there. I saw a behind the scene on the Disney Channel and it looked amazing. The musical and productions sounded wonderful, in fact I am already planning on buying the CD if one is availible.

DisneyPrincess21
03-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I would say as of right now Beauty and The Beast live show is my favorite!

:ditto: I agree. I love seeing Beauty And The Beast. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid. My last trip in December I missed the last show time to see it. I was very disappointed :(

sbwillie
03-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Sorry, but for us Nemo was brutally boring. We did get a good nap in though.

We are not real artsy people, and what musicals I like (some) have to be like a show.

Having said that, I really like Festival of the Lion King - again, not much of a musical guy. But enjoy the whole thing.

And I liked the old Tarzans rocks - when it included the roller skaters doing tricks. The rosie o'donnel character notwithstanding.

My wife seemed to like the Tarzan guy just hanging on vine and walking around, for some reason. I was more of a Jane fan. Imagine that!

buzznwoodysmom
03-06-2009, 09:10 PM
We liked it and its definitely worth seeing, but we weren't blown away by it like most people. I just didn't get the same feeling from it that I've gotten at other disney shows.

mrsgaribaldi
03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
The show is awesome:thumbsup:

Disneypixie513
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I would see it at least once.
But it's not high on our list. I found it to be boring and over-rated. I'd much rather have the Tarzan show back.
The Beauty and the Beast show is my all time favorite. :D

handmaidenofprincesses
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Although I wasn't blown away by it the first time I saw it, I think that might have had more to do with the rotten mood I was in :blush: (Me + 98 degree temperatures + 95% humidty + DAK + a migraine= something not even Disney could completely fix, unfortunately) But anyway, when I saw it again a couple months ago I enjoyed it much more. The costumes, scenery, and puppetry are all very innovative and cleverly woven together and the music is excellent. Definitely one of my favorite things at DAK!! (Particularly the songs "Fish Are Friends,"sung by the sharks, and "Go With the Flow," which is sung by the turtles) :)

EmmMOM2
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
we LOVED Nemo, it was the best one and we saw them ALL!!

I would go, it wont be a waste.

IloveDisney71
03-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I've only had the chance to see it once. I really enjoyed it. I may not see it during each visit (in the future) but I'll definitely want to see it again. The Lion King and Fantasmic are my two favorite live performances at Disney.

spoiledraf
03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I've not seen the Nemo show and we were wondering if we should plan it in. Unfortunately, like the poster above, I've only heard not so good things about it, but all second hand, so I don't know what the downfall was. Anyway, with so many good reviews, I will have to reconsider.

We will have some little ones with us. 5, 2 1/2, and 16 months. Will they get anything out of it? If not, I'm thinking it's not going to make the grade.

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2009, 04:19 AM
In a word, yes! I think it's one of the best shows at WDW. Out of all of the live shows, I guess Festival of the Lion King is my favorite, but Finding Nemo- The Musical is a very close second.

Mickey91
03-09-2009, 09:23 AM
We saw it once and will NOT be going back. You really should experience it once regardless of other's opinions though. We hated it. My kids thought it was stupid. The music is good and it is colorful, but we didn't care for that style of performance. Our favorite is Beauty and the Beast followed closely by Festival of the Lion King.

AwPhooey
03-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Finding Nemo at AK was great! I would have a very hard time choosing between it and Festival of the Lion King.

In fact, when I go to AK, the only four things I make sure I do are Expedition: Everest, Kilamanjaro Safari, Finding Nemo and Festival of the Lion King. Anything else I can fit in the day is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Imagineer1981
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
GREAT SHOW! We even bought the soundtrack. Disney did an amazing job taking the movie and adding music. It makes you wish the actual movie had these songs. Disney needs to make movies with music again, win grammies and oscars like they did in the past!

TwinsMom-1st Timer
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Any comments on the Tusker Haus option? We are also going in June and I have lunch reservations there specifically for the show seats...??? I see someone else here asked as well, but didn't see any additional comments to that point. Thanks!

Disney_Barbie
03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Don't make me choose!!! Both shows are MUST sees for us. We think that AK actually has the best shows on property (even better than dinner shows @ resorts & better than DHS shows even though that park is supost to be more about the shows than any other)

Figment!
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Any comments on the Tusker Haus option? We are also going in June and I have lunch reservations there specifically for the show seats...??? I see someone else here asked as well, but didn't see any additional comments to that point. Thanks!Here's some further details on the Tusker House Package:

From Tidbits December 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=146853)
Dinner and a Show

12/9/08 The first Guests to use the package have reported that the reserved seating is in the front section, on the right side of the theater (facing the stage). Guests have also reported that, much like the Famtasmic! package, Guests using the reserved seating must enter the theater through a separate entrance. As of the first several showings, this special entrance was reportedly not clearly marked. Guests reported that the special entrance is to the right of the main queue entrance.

11/20/08 Similar to the Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package, Disney's Animal Kingdom is scheduled to introduce a Limited Lunch Dining Package for its popular Finding Nemo: The Musical later this year. Starting December 1, 2008, Guests who make a reservation at the Tusker House Restaurant between 1:00 pm and 1:40 pm will be eligible for reserved seating for the 3:15 pm showing of Finding Nemo: The Musical on the same day as the dining reservation. After enjoying their meal, participating Guests are given a reserved seating ticket and are asked to arrive at the theater by 2:45 pm in-order to be seated in the reserved area.