PDA

View Full Version : Views of Wishes!!

dizprincess27
03-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Hello all,

I will be in WDW over the 4th of July and have decided to see the Patriotic Wishes on the 3rd and then go to Epcot on the 4th for their celebration.

Should I go for it and try to be in the Park on Main street for the 3rd and stake out a spot at like 6:00 OR should I just bite the bullet and make ressies for CA Grille? Will the view be as special from the Grille as being in the thick of things in the MK (literally) :mickey: Please give me your opinions!! Thanks.

DakandZakMom
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I think that the view would be fine. I believe that on the 3rd the fireworks are shot off all around the park so you should have a great view. Personally I love to watch them on Main St. There is nothing quote like it.:cloud9:

dizprincess27
03-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks and know I am beating this to death but I am very worried about being shuffled around too much as that is just annoying to me seriously. Maybe I will make the ressie and see what happens and if we can get in at all.

joonyer
03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I love fireworks anywhere, anytime, and Wishes is the best fireworks show I've ever seen. I always try to be as close as (safely) possible to "underneath" any fireworks show when the shells explode simply because I love the "immersion" and the sense that the entire sky (field of view) is filled with them. The only way you can get that perspective is by being as close as possible. At MK, that means being on Main Street in the middle of a LOT of people. And on July 3, it will be packed.

But you don't necessarily have to sit there holding a spot for 3 hours. I've never done that. They keep the street open until the show starts so lots of times I wander around and onto Main street right before Wishes starts and then just stand in the street (just North of Casey's) to watch the show. Everybody stands and crowds into the street once the lights dim. You'll still have a good view even though you'll be completely surrounded by people (the fireworks are UP in the sky).

That being said, If you can get in California Grill, you will also have a amazing experience viewing the fireworks. Although you are further away, you will be elevated up in the sky yourself, so it is a different perspective. And you also still get the magical music, piped in at CG, AND a gourmet meal to boot.

You can't go wrong either way.

dizprincess27
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Well that is a wonderful point of view so to say LOL!! Thank you. So I will hopefully get in the MK on the 3rd in the afternoon and just be somewhere on Main Street either by the HUB or the front and look up at the beautiful fireworks!! Thanks I think I'm good now. I just hope we don't get turned away on the 3rd but if that happens we'll just wait as it will be afternoon and 3 people are bound to leave the parks!!!

MOJoe
03-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I made ressies at Cali Grill the night of a Pirate and Princess Party last year, knowing we could get a look at the special fireworks. While it was a wonderful experience, it is not the same as being right there on Main Street. So this is really a tough call. Get the best view and fight the masses, or have a lesser view and relax over a great meal.
On second thought, make the ADR. :cool:

Capt. Sparrow
03-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Are these fireworks only on the 4th? Or are they for a specific time period (i.e. holiday wishes, etc.)? I'm curious, I've been to wdw countless times and always looking for something that I have not done before and this sounds like something that I might want to plan for in a future trip.

Thanks.

dizprincess27
03-06-2009, 01:18 PM
MoJoe look what you did LOL. I already had myself psyched to fight the masses and you make the relaxation over dinner sound so good in comparison :rotfl: Oh well my plan is this and yes the whole situation will drive me crazy the entire pre-trip but anyway I am making the ressie in case I get there and I can't breath and the girls say let's get the heck outta here!! We will know early enough so if we have to cancel we will but the ressie will be there in case. I wonder if you need a deposit for CA Grille though?

joonyer
03-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Are these fireworks only on the 4th? Or are they for a specific time period (i.e. holiday wishes, etc.)? I'm curious, I've been to wdw countless times and always looking for something that I have not done before and this sounds like something that I might want to plan for in a future trip.

Thanks.

Yes, there is a special patriotic themed version of Wishes for the 4th of July. But I'm not sure how many days before or after the 4th it is shown, if at all.
However. someone will come along here soon who can answer that one.