PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe vs. Kona

Yvette
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Which of the two has a the better steak, Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona?

Which has a more romantic atmosphere?

OR should we just book Coral Reef?

(Staying at Poly)

lockedoutlogic
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Neither of those places are steak places.....

Actually...all steaks at WDW are good....but none are spectacular.

It surprises me how much talk there is about steaks at WDW....if you're in a state with 1800 miles of coastline....the smart move is to go towards the fish....just a thought

CAS
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Concur, neither for steak. If you're looking for beef then Le Cellier will have a good cut.

Natazu
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Which of the two has a the better steak, Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona?
Grand Floridian Cafe

Which has a more romantic atmosphere?
Grand Floridian Cafe

OR should we just book Coral Reef?
No

jakeybake
03-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I agree with previous poster's, I wouldn't call either one a steak place.

Regarding your second question on atmosphere, GF Cafe wins that one hands down. Make sure you ask for a table by the windows so you can look out onto the beautiful grounds. We always walk around the GF after dining. It's quite romantic if you're interested in that lovey-dovey stuff like an old softee like me!!

Jay

SBETigg
03-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm a Grand Floridian Cafe fan, too, but I haven't had steak there.

My son had steak at Kona Cafe and it was char-covered and overcooked. Not good. He resisted my urging to ask for a new one, but considering how long our server took to get back to us, we could have been there all night.

eam
03-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Walk over to Citricos at Grand Floridian and enjoy the dramatic building and the restaurant's beautiful interior while you dine on Filet Sicilian: while Alive live!

murphy1
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Neither of those places are steak places.....

Actually...all steaks at WDW are good....but none are spectacular.

It surprises me how much talk there is about steaks at WDW....if you're in a state with 1800 miles of coastline....the smart move is to go towards the fish....just a thought

Bite your tongue! You have never been to Bern's Steakhouse!!!! Actually Kissimmee started as one of the best cattle producing areas in the country and they still ship cattle from Polk County over to Texas :)

grumpydude
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Kona has a cool atmosphere, but i wouldn't call it romantic, and the steak, :sick::sick::(:ack:

Yvette
03-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys!

After tallking it over with the kids (honeymooners), they are going to go with Marrakesh. Not really a steak place, but they are eating at Le Cellier and Tokyo Dining earlier in the week.