PDA

View Full Version : More Details on the $99 2nd Room @ Swan/Dolphin

Disney_Barbie
03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Hello all, I frequent the Swan/Dolphin website & just noticed the $99 2nd room deal. I jumped to intercot to see if I could find more details & low & behold it's today's heading!

But I was still wonering if there was more details to know. (I know I can get these by calling the Swan Dolphin, but I always prefer just reading up on it) so I didn't know if anyone else has already called to get the details.
Anyone know if there are stipulations or if so what they are? IE - we have a room booked for a long weekend in Aug, but we booked it already on the ESUM discount, would one have to pay rack-rate for the first room in order to get the 2nd for $99 or can you use 2 differnt offers at once ( I know Starwood, unlike disney hotels to let you combine 2 different offers sometimes. But I didn't know if it was applicable to THESE offeres)
Also, anyone know if there are stipulations for length-of-stay? Like could we get 2nd room for just part of our swan/dolphin stay?

MidnTPK
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Did you call and get answers to your questions?

Anyway, I came to the board today to report about my experience: The Swan and Dolphin is currently honoring this offer for rooms booked with Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points!

I have a room booked with SPG points for my September vacation, and I called yesterday to see if I could add a second room for $99/night and the answer was YES!

It sounded to me like they are tweaking this deal on an ongoing basis. I spoke to two people during the course of making my reservation. The first gentleman immediately said that I could book a second room for $99 even though my first room was free (on points). I had to call a second time (after changing my reservation with SPG customer service) and the lady initially said that the $99 wasn't valid with points reservations. I said I just spoke with another agent who said they had just changed that policy, she then put me on hold, and then came back and said I was right that they had changed the policy.

Which is a long way of saying I think they'll honor a $99 second room even if your first room is on a special promotional rate.

HannahMontana
04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
I just called - have previously made my reservation using points, they told me No. I asked her to speak to the manager and she came back and told me no again. :confused: