PDA

View Full Version : ADR Help-Only chose two

gwfx1031
03-04-2009, 11:25 AM
I could use your help. We have a trip in a few weeks and want to reduce our ADR's odnw to only two to help save some $$. Below is a list of what we have resi's for. Help me out and only chose two to help us decide:

This starts on Saturday:

Tony's for Lunch (never been)
Chef Mickey's brunch
Prime Time dinner
Coral Reef Lunch (never been)
Yak yeti Dinner (never been)
T-rex Dinner (never been)

Leave on Friday

crazygoalie39
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
I would probably say Chef Mickey's and Prime Time. Never been to T-Rex so can't judge there.

deedeenmickey
03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I would choose Chef Mickeys and Coral Reef.

I can tell you that T-Rex is EXPENSIVE! My husband and I ate there on our Feb trip and it was $138 for the two of us! Not worth it. I would do it again if I wasn't on a budget but most of the time I am. I couldn't afford it for our whole family we went on a couples trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I would keep Chef Mickey's for sure!

I would then try and switch Coral Reef to dinner, and keep it too, we had an awesome meal at Coral Reef.

DizNee143
03-04-2009, 12:10 PM
i would go with chef mickeys and the coral reef!!

mouseketeer mom
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Chef Mickey's and Coral Reef for sure.
Chef Mickey's cause its a classic Disney dining experience.
Coral Reef because its just so unique and delicious.

tyandskyesmom
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Yak & Yeti and Coral Reef...

joonyer
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Coral Reef: Cool atmosphere and very good food. Better than Le Cellier now in my opinion.

Chef Mickey's: Great fun and lots of good food.

Those are the two I would choose.

afowl1017
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Well I would keep one ADR for a family favorite, that holds good memories and then try something new! My dh and I loved Yak & Yeti!

Good luck choosing! (Tried Tony's once....had a horrible experience there wouldn't go back...but everyone has their bad ones and good ones!)

Have a Magical Vacation!

lockedoutlogic
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Buffets have been terrible as of late.....so Chef Mickey's is not wise

Tony's is terrible.....one of the worst at WDW

Yak and Yeti was actually very good when we went a few months ago

Haven't been to T-Rex....but the menu is exactly like Rainforest.....go figure

Coral Reef can be very good.....but you can't guarantee that

Prime Time is usually consistent....if you're into that kind of Tom Foolery

Nini5055
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
I would say Chef Mickey's and either Prime Time Cafe or Coral Reef...we like all three.

Charlee
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Chef Mickeys and the Coral Reef would be my choices and we'll be doing them both in June.

I would do Chef Mickey's because its a really Disney experience and I wouldn't feel right having ADR's and not having a meal with Mickey at some point on the trip!

The Coral Reef is a family favorite - we love the atmosphere and the food. We always have a lunch ADR to make it cheaper (we always pay OOP, no dining plan) and go back every time.

pixiesmimi
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I would say Chef Mickey's and Coral Reef. Coral Reef wasn't our favorite but compared to the others, this is the one I would choose. Tony's was terrible and that seems to be a consensus around here. I don't know why they don't make some changes since there are so many complaints.

Crow
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Yak & Yeti and Coral Reef...

Yak & Yeti i ate at last trip and liked it.
Coral Reef has the atmosphere.
the only other 1 I ate at was PrimeTIme...ok

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2009, 08:40 AM
We were at Chef Mickey's about a month ago....and i have to strongly caution against buffets right now....

Friends have been to Park Fare and Cape May within the last few weeks as well....

The menus are the same but the food quality was noticably down.....

I'm really not kidding here....just a public service announcement

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I could use your help. We have a trip in a few weeks and want to reduce our ADR's odnw to only two to help save some $$. Below is a list of what we have resi's for. Help me out and only chose two to help us decide:

This starts on Saturday:

Chef Mickey's brunch
Prime Time dinner

Leave on Friday
Chef Mickey's and Prime Time:thumbsup:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Chef Mickey's and Coral Reef get my vote out of those choices!

gwfx1031
03-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the advice. We will definately try Coral reef since it is new to us. Suprisingly, the kids did not want to do Chef Mickey's as we thought they would. We may just leave it at one and just go CS for the rest. I am sure we will eat at Olivia's one time as well.

comicguy
03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I would go with Coral reef and 50's Prime Time

CaptSmee
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM

This starts on Saturday:

Chef Mickey's brunch
Prime Time dinner

Leave on Friday

I would lose Yak & Yeti, totally not worth the $$$. Also probably T-Rex cafe, again not as big of a bang for your buck.

Lunch at Tony's is very good and not too expensive. Prime Time is not overly expensive. Chef Mickey's if it's during breakfast is the least inexpensive way to do a character meal and you can eat as much as you like. I would keep all the aforementioned. Coral Reef is the only other one I'd consider losing. It's a costly meal, but very good. Also you get an excellent view of the aquarium, but if you were dead set on losing another, it'd be this.