PDA

View Full Version : I have never tried ____, but I want to.

LarryBoy
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
After reading another post about the Liberty Belle, I got to thinking. (Dangerous, I know.) What is there at WDW that you have never tried, ridden, or seen that you want to do.

Personally, I am a long time WDW veteran but I have never ridden on the Liberty Belle. I want to make sure I do this on our next trip.

What about you?

luvDaMouse
03-04-2009, 09:52 AM
I have two things, first I want to see the flag ceremony at MK :flag:
2nd I want to see "Push" the talking trash can!:mickey:

emmatink
03-04-2009, 09:53 AM
I have never tried Le Cellier and want to on our next trip in October, hopefully we will be able to get an ADR!

DisneyHoneymooners
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Every year my DW and I say that we are going to ride Dumbo, but in the end we never do. After a couple years of saying I was finally going to ride Summit Plummet I did last year, so maybe Dumbo this year.

mrsgaribaldi
03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I would like to see the opening ceremony at the MK, go to a water park, eat at Boma, Jikos or Ohana for dinner. :mickey:

Tinkerbell19
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I haven't done the Keys to the Kingdom Tour yet and I REALLY want to :yay:!

4ubie1
03-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I have two:

1: I would love to ride :dumbo: once and get a picture of it (It is a classic but i get :sick: on the spinning rides)

2: I always wanted to try and eat at every country in Epcot in one trip (especially Le Cellier - I always hear good things about this one and have yet to try it :blush: )

iDisney
03-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I have never ridden Astro Orbiters. It's just one of those things I have never gotten to.

I have also never seen an opening ceremony at any of the parks. Every trip I mean to, but either one of two things happen: 1) I sleep in because I'm not a morning person 2) Whomever I'm with won't wake up or takes forever to get ready to go.

DisneyGlutton
03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I always wanted to try and eat at every country in Epcot in one trip

:ditto:

I also want to see Nemo the Musical because I've just missed the last showing on my two previous trips.

Mickey'sGirl
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
I would like to go to Victoria and Albert's with my DH. Maybe for our 20th anniversary (only four years away!). :heart:

I would also like to do a tour at MK. We are hoping to do the Family Tour this August. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
1. Victoria and Albert's.

2. The Segway tour.

3. Spa services at the GF.

mouseketeer mom
03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Mission Space. I'm afraid though!
Keys to the Kingdom..Now that the kids are older and I can leave them for a few hours alone.
Marrakesh-Never seems to work in with our plans..gotta get there!

disneymom15
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
The train at MK.

crazygoalie39
03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Test Track!! It's always been broken when we've gone.
Something that's not a ride would probably be V&A.

LarryBoy
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Mission Space. I'm afraid though!

You can try the non-spinning version.

fabfundisney
03-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I am still a Disney newbie but I have never been to the water parks!!! I would love to visit Blizzard Beach!

DNS
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Flag ceremony would be great. And I still have not been on EE and want to.

joonyer
03-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Never been on Astro Orbiter.
Always say I'm going to do it on the next trip.
There's no fast pass, so the wait is usually long, and I've a little problem with heights.:blush:
BUT I PROMISE, I'm going to ride it next trip. It's the only attraction at MK I have never been on.

AT Epcot, I've never done Ellen's Energy Adventure, so we'll do that next trip also.

Haven't seen or done American Idol and TSM at DHS, since those attractions weren't open yet on our last visit, but we'll definitely hit them on our next trip.

Seen and done everything at AK. (Love KRR and EE)

AmandaChan
03-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Yeahhh, DH is determined to ride the Liberty Belle next time. We never get around to doing it. Also we've never ridden the Astro Orbiters and we've always wanted to at night time but there is usually a long line. Last year we finally rode the race track and the tea cups for the first time (together).

LarryBoy
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Never been on Astro Orbiter.
Always say I'm going to do it on the next trip.
There's no fast pass, so the wait is usually long, and I've a little problem with heights.:blush:
BUT I PROMISE, I'm going to ride it next trip. It's the only attraction at MK I have never been on.
(Love KRR and EE)

Astro Orbiter is worth doing at least once. Keep your camera handy, the views are great.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-04-2009, 01:54 PM
The WDW version of the people mover I rode the DL version many times as a child and loved it, would like to try WDW version just once (Ahh memories :cloud9:). Also I would love to take Keys to the Kingdom tour. :mickey:

Charlee
03-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Like other posters, I've never been on the Astro Orbitors - always walk past them and have never been on - its a must do this year!

DakandZakMom
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I ahve never tried the Astro Orbiter or seen the Beauty & the Beast show. I keep saying I need to do them but I never seem to get there.:(

nabrahamsen
03-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I have never been on Astro Orbiters, Liberty Belle, or Stitch's Great Escape.. those are my last 3 at Magic Kingdom! Hopefully we will ride them all in April. I would also like to watch wishes from the California Grill after dinner.

WDWNut02
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I always talk about doing a behind the scenes tour. Especially the one for Living with the Land.

beksy
03-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I would like to ride Mission:Space and RNRC. I would also like to spend more time exploring World Showcase. :mickey:

karenrarintogo
03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
I've never been to the Grand Floridian Tea, Victoria and Alberts, or the California Grill. Someday....

goofy78
03-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I have never stayed in the tower at CR with a MK view and I have always wanted to do that. I have also not been on EE as it was not open the last time I was there.

cindchan
03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I never tried pulling the sword from the stone(yeah, I know I won't be able to fully pull it out, but I'd like to try. :mickey:)

Mousemates
03-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Victoria and Alberts...but I'd like to.

kemps@wdw
03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
After 15 trips, we've pretty well done almost everything we've wanted to do. Now DD, that's another story. She's covered alot of ground, but the young padawan has much to learn. A couple of things I've always wanted to but never have...
1. Keys Tour
2. Parasailing
And for the record, I plan to mark those off my to-do list after Oct. 09!!:D

Polynesian Dweller
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
About the only thing I can think of that we have always talked about but not done is to rent a Searaycer on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

*Liz*
03-04-2009, 11:41 PM
So many things! :mickey:

-Harmony Barber Shop for a color streak & pixie dust
-Dinner at California Grill
-Dinner at Victoria & Albert's
-Take a tour
-A ride on a Main Street Vehicle
-A water activity on Bay Lake (besides Sea Raycers)
-Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
-See Hoop-Dee-Doo & Mickey's Backyard BBQ
-See La Nouba
-See the Candlelight Processional
-To stay in all the Disney Resorts :D

RSGBSG2002
03-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Playhouse Disney

I'd feel kind of weird going in there with my fiance and no kids. I wouldn't want to seem creepy and/or awkward.

javamama
03-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Soarin/Test Track

Stitch/Jungle Cruise(it's been 20 years)/Astro I don't think I've ever rode those either--who is in line then if none of us is on them:confused:

Safari/Kali Rapids

I'd like to see the opening again at MK this year I caught the tail end last year it was so cute.

tjstrike
03-05-2009, 05:08 AM
we've never did any of the behind the scenes stuff, would like to try it sometime but I'm told it kinda ruins the magic feel ?

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Tom Sawyer Island and the Hall of Presidents.

stitchaholic
03-06-2009, 06:51 AM
i would to stay at AKL savana view,eat at california grill,and do the key to the world tour,but since i tavel alone with 2 children 7 and 10,most of these seem unlikely,i think an adults only trip is in order.

elmjimmlm
03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Expedition Everest...
I want to ride it but my fear stops me every time...

dumbo ears
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I have never seen the country bear jamboree and the toontown tents.

TheVBs
03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
So many things! We've never been to any of the live shows in the parks, Harmony barber shop, Astro Orbiters, Expidition Everest, so many restaurants left to try, other resorts to stay at.... hopefully, we'll check some of these off our list in a couple months! :mickey:

nascar#20'sGIRL<3
03-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm still young but i have done alot of things at WDW, i've even done the flag thing on top of wilderness lodge with ranger stan. But, going back in october, i want to eat at some of the countries other than England and Canada in Epcot, especially Norway and Japan. I was at WDW when they re did the living seas to Nemo stuff, and as a tribute to my friend(RIP) i want to explore that Nemo thing for the first time. And I want to explore all the hotels at WDW(lol) and i want to pig out at the best dessert places on property.:mickey:
Can't wait!!:thumbsup:

BamaJenn
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
I have never:

Ridden Expedition Everest
Seen Nemo The Musical
Eaten at Tony's
Gone on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Eaten at the Brown Derby
Made My Own Hat on Mainstreet
Had a Dole Whip (OMG Don't Kill Me)
Eaten in Norway
Met Snow White
Ridden Toy Story Mania
Seen Block Party Bash

but I want to.

(this isn't the list of things I haven't done... just things I haven't done that I do want to do)

AdventurerKim
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I have never ridden Tower of Terror. I want to ride it, but I can't psyche myself up to actually do it. I went on RnRC in November and hated it :sick:. I'm just not sure about the drops.

stitchaholic
03-07-2009, 07:12 AM
TOT is not as bad as you would imagine it to be!

texasteacher
03-19-2009, 09:43 PM
I am 55 and have never ridden Dumbo. I always felt like the parents would glare at me if I got in line. I am going in June and am seriously thinking of riding it! I also have never seen Tiki Birds.

kemps@wdw
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Now you've got me thinkin too! :scratch: After 15 tripsto the World, we just about covered all that we want to do...just about! This year we'll be back in Oct 09, and we're gonna do the "Keys" tour. :yay: Been wanting to do this forever, and now DD is old enough (lord knows we couldn't do it w/o her). Also, I want to parasail and somehow have a video camera w/me (don't know how that'll work out). And this year I vowed to do 2 things! (1) :eat: eat @ places we've never been, and (2) take all my pics from totally different angles and viewpoints! My 09 scrapbook will ROCK!:thumbsup:

WDW_Obsessed
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
1. Astro Orbiter- I'm afraid it will make me:sick:, but I promise myself I will give it a shot one of these days...

2. Victoria and Alberts- We're still young and poor, but we won't always be!

3. Mission Space- the tame version!

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
:mickey::mickey:never seen the wedding pavion always wanted to maybe some day. seems so pretty on the tv

Skippy
03-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Astro Orbiter --never felt the wait was worth spinning around.

Soarin' - looks neat, just haven't been back to Epcot in quite some time.

we've never did any of the behind the scenes stuff, would like to try it sometime but I'm told it kinda ruins the magic feel ?

Depends. My DW and I loved it, but sometimes I think my goal in life is to figure how things work. Seeing how they pull off some of the magic makes it more fascinating. Most of the information has likely been hashed over here in Intercot anyway, but things like music (rythem in synch and everywhere in the park) is weird stuff I like to know.

grumpyguy
03-25-2009, 06:46 AM
i've never done a tour,keys to the kingdom sounds cool...never been on astro orbitor,dumbo or goofy's barnstormer...so much more as well.i probably should plan a trip!!

drummerboy
03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
About the only thing I can think of right now, that I'd want to do, is the early morning tour at the train shops. DW and I have made it a point to hit a lot of other things on various trips.

For anybody who's contemplating behind the scenes tours, I'd recommend it. In some ways, it's made things more magical for me to know how much detail is involved.

Round-and-round rides tend to get me :sick:, so there are several of those I might like to do but won't, like Dumbo, Astro-orbiter and teacups. It's a shame, because as a kid in the 50s, when I'd see shots of the DL teacups, I'd always want to try them. Maybe I can double up on the Dramamine. :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Maybe I can double up on the Dramamine. :D
Doesn't work. :ack:

PhantomTabitha
03-25-2009, 08:54 AM
i have never tried Dole Whips but really want to! That's definately on the list for September (our next holiday). I also can't wait to try Toy Story Mania, it hadn't opened yet last time we went!

ChipDale2708
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I know there are tons of things I haven't done, but my three goals for October are;
1. Ride in the front of the Monorail
2. Astro Orbiter
3. Rent a sea raycer at either the CR or BC.

SandmanGStefani24
03-26-2009, 12:33 AM
ive always wanted to ride the boat across epcot's lake, for one. Epcot is my fave park and i would like to try that one day.

i'd also love to race at the WFW speedway. Being a nascar fan i'd love to take a spin there.

hardingella
03-26-2009, 06:17 AM
I have never, but will one day
Ride Peter Pan
Ride R&RRC(just to make my kids happy, but me:sick:)
Stay in a tower suite at Contempory
Take a hot air balloon ride over the parks
Eaten at all the restaurants around the world at EPCOT
Eaten at the Californian Grill and watch the fireworks
Be the lucky family to head the parade at MK
Sleep in Cinderellas castle
Fly 1st class on our 9 hour flight
Eat the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream
Get a surprise upgarde upon arrival
Do the segway tour
Go back to before the kids become grumpy teenagers!
Win the lottery so i can do all this:thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I have never
Been to Tom Sawyer Island
Done a tour ( I want to do the behind the seeds tour)
Gone to Sounds Dangerous (and I really don't want to)
Met Push

Toad_Passenger
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
For me it's Mission Space. I'm a huge Astronomy and Space nut, but I've always been nervy about this ride.

I think in May I'm going to finally push myself to do it.

Stich8818
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
MK - Astro Orbiter

Epcot - Living With the Land

MGM...err..DHS- Backlot Tour

AK- Dinosaur

Outside the parks..I want to eat at O'hanas..then A Kitchen Sink...

harlowandthemermaid
03-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I've never stayed at the Contemporary but would like to.
Also, have never done the Keys to the kingdom tour and would like to.
Also, now that I'm not a vegetarian anymore I would like to try out some restaurants that were previously off limits because meat was their specialty.

Marilyn Michetti
03-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Never done the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. In fact, we've never even been over to Wilderness Lodge.:)

Giggy
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I have been to Blizzard Beach 3 times but I am yet to try out Summit Plummet. The line for it always seems massive though seeing as only one person can ride at a time. Maybe the line moves faster than it looks though, I'm not sure. :confused:

Laughin' place
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Great post. I have been somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 times, and am amazed at how much there is left to do. This past June was my first trip with my new bride and the first trip ever for her two sons. We were there over 12 days and still missed doing so much. There were so many "must do's" that we didnt get in last time :(
My one fondest "havent done yet" is to stay in the POLY ! I LOOOVE that place !

Villains0501
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I want to watch the Canada movie and eat at Morroco

ransam
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
i didn't read through all of the posts, but just to add my 2-cents in....some of the things at Disney I have never tried but want to include...well....i guess i've tried most everything I want to try! ha. Disneyworld is so big though, it's constatnly changing...I'd like to explore it in depth more.... check out some of the hotels...i've nver been to Disney Sports complex, golf on Disney, do the boating....well, i guess there is a lot i want to try! I keep telling my friends that have no idea what Disneyworld is about, that they would love it, cause you can customize your trip to fit just about anyone!!! Also, I wouldn't mind sometime going to Epcot and spending an extensive amount of time touring the countries. I always tell my self I'll do that, but it seems I just kind of skim over them, see the high lights, the attractions and move one. as an architect, i'd love to spend more time examing how each country builds it's pavilions. and id like to really go into the buildings and shops....maybe this December.

morebroccoli
04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
- the Hoop Dee Doo!
- Cirque du Soleil
- horseback riding at fort wilderness
- parasailing on bay lake
- Artist Point at WL
- the water parks! ( always seem to go when its freezing in FL)

MickeyandTink
04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm sure there are several more, but the one's that immediately come to mind are:

1. Attend opening ceremony at MK (we are NOT morning people, but we are really going to try and do it at least once this year)

2. Have dinner and view fireworks from California Grill (maybe in a couple of years when the kids are older):fworks:

3. Eat schoolbread from Norway

Zawadi
04-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I have been to Blizzard Beach 3 times but I am yet to try out Summit Plummet. The line for it always seems massive though seeing as only one person can ride at a time. Maybe the line moves faster than it looks though, I'm not sure. :confused:

You certainly exit the line faster than you enter it (50+mph I think). I'm too scared to do it

magic4ever
04-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I have never had a Dole Whip....can't wait til August to try one!!:papple:

We've also never stayed at the Poly and are Sooooooo excited!! Is it August yet? :lei:

PlutoPlanet
04-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes, the Canada movie is fun. Martin Short is very good.

The year we will do CoP for the first time as well as the Liberty Belle (which led to this topic in the first place).

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
1: Stay in a Deluxe Resort
2: Eat at Victoria and Alberts or California Grill
3: Keys to the Kingdom Tour
4: Ride Liberty Belle
5: See Finding Nemo the Musical
6: Watch the movies in all the countries in Epcot