PDA

View Full Version : favourite signature restaurant

saunie
03-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Going in June to Celebrate hubby's "special" birthday. (over 65)
I'd really like some suggestions for a memorable dinner experience.

Dulcee
03-04-2009, 08:06 AM
If its just the two of you I'd suggest California Grill. It sits atop the Contemporary and you can't beat the view, the food or the wine. If/When you make an ADR anywhere be sure to note your celebrating a special birthday! :mickey:

SBETigg
03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Another vote for California Grill. Spectacular views and atmosphere. The food and service, also great, but on par with other signatures. It's the view that puts California Grill over the top.

But, if you want something really extraordinary, go to Victoria and Albert's.

Crow
03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
of the places ive tried
CG or Artist Pt
Flying Fish also but the view is better at the other 2
Narcoosees and Yachtsman werent bad but i probly wont go back

faline
03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Victoria & Albert's.

I would have said California Grill but had a less than stellar experience the last time we were there. They'll need to redeem themselves on our next visit!

lockedoutlogic
03-04-2009, 01:39 PM
V&A's is the best.....but it is not what disney classifies as a "signature" dining restaurant

Jiko is the best of the signatures......california grille is as best 3rd...behind Jiko and Citricos

I would avoid Yachtsmans and Narcoosees.....they are just not good enough consistently

flying fish is solid....but unspectacular.

Artists point is a little more adventurous...but very good....one of my favorites

I would also suggest Bisto de Paris if you're in the mood for something a little more exotic...they have a great tasting menu and the food is excellent all the way around

Hull-onian
03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
How about The Wave at the Contemporary? I heard from a very good source that the dining experience is really superb. If not there, then upstairs at the California Grill. :eat:

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2009, 12:25 PM
How about The Wave at the Contemporary? I heard from a very good source that the dining experience is really superb. If not there, then upstairs at the California Grill. :eat:

it's not a signature....and it's pretty terrible.

there have been several threads about this over the past six months.....and I would venture that the reviews are 80-90% average or worse.

big blue and hairy
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
1. California Grill

2. Citrico's

:sulley:

Tigerinvestigator
03-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Jiko- the food is excellent, and the atmosphere at the AKL is perfect.

saunie
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
We've decided on California Grill. I like the idea of good food and atmosphere combined. Thanks for all the help.....

Natazu
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
For a memorable special occasion dinner, it's really hard to beat California Grill. They offer many enticing appetizers, flatbreads and world class sushi. The view is amazing and the staff is the best.