PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed to say I have never been to..

luvDaMouse
03-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Innoventions in Epcot. I have been to all countries in WS and everywhere else but never innoventions. What am I missing???:confused: I am not a science lover. I have read something about a Storm show of some sort? Tell me what should my husband and I see when we are there in May (no kids this trip):mickey: 70 days to go!!
Dana

GoofyGirl18
03-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Don't be embarrassed about that! That's one of those things that's very easy to skip over. We always do too!

Scar
03-04-2009, 07:36 AM
What am I missing???:confused:A headache. Don't bother, especially without kids.

DNS
03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
The first couple of years we went (early 1990's) we found a lot to do in Innoventions, but since then, it all seems pretty every day to us. We haven't checked in for a couple of years, but for us, just nothing that draws us. Epcot has so many other things to offer.

just tigger
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I won't say that I'm a huge fan, but my wife is and we go in every time were there. Spend a few minutes to check it out. I think you might find something that peaks your interest. Sometimes the greatest attractions at Disney are the ones you don't expect to interest you. For my wife she has always enjoyed the house of the future that they do a tour of in the past. I don't know if it's still there, but spend a few minutes and walk through, if you don't like it then atleast you can say you tried it. Don't go by what I say or my other Disney friends you judge for yourself.:ack::thumbsup:

CaptSmee
03-05-2009, 12:39 AM
We enjoy Storm Struck and House of Innoventions especially on a hot day.

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:49 PM
We've been in it once, but there are some exhibits in it now that I would like to check out.

grego77
03-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Innoventions is great for many reasons (AIR CONDITIONING...WOO!), but my favorite is the Segways. I am a huge fan of them, and I've done the Around the World Segway Tour twice already, but if you don't want to spend the $80 for the 2hour tour, you can actually ride for a couple minutes...FOR FREE at Innoventions! They do a 10minute presentation on safety, and then you get to test them out.

TOTALLY WORTH IT! :thumbsup:

TheVBs
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
We've never been either. I'd like to at least take a peek this time.

dumbo ears
03-08-2009, 01:16 PM
ya there is a lot of interesting stuff in it. Theres a mural of sorts on the wall that shows history of the parks or walt disney, I can't exactly remember

Meteora
03-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I think it's a fun place if you have some time to kill, but definitely not a must-see. On our last trip, my sister wanted to watch the third British Invasion show of the day (we had already seen the first two), and my friend and I thought we'd pass, so we spent some time in Innoventions while we waited for her. We did a game where you had to find fire hazards with flashlights, and it was actually quite fun. She also rode a segway (unfortunately, you have to watch a bit of segway propaganda before they'll actually let you give it a whirl.) It's definitely fun to do if you're just looking for some time indoors, away from major attraction lines, or killing time before an ADR or something.

goofy78
03-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Innoventions is a relaxing place for me. It is definitely a place to cool off and check out some interesting stuff. I wouldn't be embarrassed if you have never been, but try it out next time you go. You may find it very interesting or you may leave after 10 minutes. You won't know until you try! :D

emmatink
03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
It's worth seeing if you have time to kill or the grandparents need a place to stay in the AC during your test track run!:thumbsup:

SpecJoe Magic
03-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Innoventions is great for many reasons (AIR CONDITIONING...WOO!), but my favorite is the Segways. I am a huge fan of them, and I've done the Around the World Segway Tour twice already, but if you don't want to spend the $80 for the 2hour tour, you can actually ride for a couple minutes...FOR FREE at Innoventions! They do a 10minute presentation on safety, and then you get to test them out.

TOTALLY WORTH IT! :thumbsup:

I didn't know about the Segways. Thanks for the information. I might try that sometime.

That storm show you are referring to is called Storm Struck. It's a 3D show in which you are in a virtual storm, and then they ask you questions about storm safety that you get to answer with buttons that are located in front of each seat.

I haven't done much in Innoventions, but my favorite thing that I did was this comedy game show where they pick people out of the audience to participate. I thought it was quite funny and worth the time to visit. I believe it's relatively new. I wish I could remember the name of it. You would probably recognize it if you scan the names of the attractions inside Innoventions on the times guide.

dixielandings
03-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I love WDW for being so vast that those of us who get to visit frequently can still find things we've never done! So don't be embarrassed.

I always advocate seeing everything for yourself. If you've never been into Innoventions, then it's definitely worth the time. We don't go often but having read some of these posts, I think I'm going to force my DH inside so we can actually participate in some of the stuff. We've usually just strolled through to escape the weather for a few minutes.

So yes, DO IT! Enjoy...

CU Tiger
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
We have never ridden the Liberty square river boat. It just does not look like it is worth it.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
03-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Innoventions in Epcot. I have been to all countries in WS and everywhere else but never innoventions. What am I missing???:confused: I am not a science lover. I have read something about a Storm show of some sort? Tell me what should my husband and I see when we are there in May (no kids this trip):mickey: 70 days to go!!
Dana

first off, nice avatar (twinkies :mickey:). 2ndly we all have skipped things, but the best part about Disney is, you can always go and it could be the most magical thing.