PDA

View Full Version : Backlot Tour Refurb - Changed?

KylesMom
03-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I know the Backlot Tour just came off of refurb - does anyone have any information if it was just a standard refurb, or if they changed the Pearl Harbor action scene to something more current? We don't want to waste our time here if nothing's really been re-done. Thanks! :mickey:

iDisney
03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
How recently? I was there in December (the week before Christmas) and it was the same thing is has been in years past.

KylesMom
03-04-2009, 10:33 AM
How recently? I was there in December (the week before Christmas) and it was the same thing is has been in years past. The official dates were from January 4th through February 28th or thereabouts. I haven't seen anything about it re-opening, though.

GrumpyFan
03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Haven't heard about anything new. It was probably just some maintenance and cleanup of something. Possibly some work in/around Catastrophe Canyon.

AmandaChan
03-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Yeah I'd like to know also. Kinda getting bored of the Pearl Harbor thing.

CaptSmee
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I dunno if any changes were made or not. There were rumours that this attraction and the Ellen show at Epcot were closed during slow season to #1 perform routine maintenance, and #2 save money by not having them operate.

Finiamh
03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
bump, anyone?

lightyearfan
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
well even if it hasn't changed me and dw do it all, i feel that when in Disney you just do whatever you can, no matter how many times you that you've done them. there are some exceptions, but for the most part we try to do as much as we can.

Victor

Crow
03-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I dunno if any changes were made or not. There were rumours that this attraction and the Ellen show at Epcot were closed during slow season to #1 perform routine maintenance, and #2 save money by not having them operate.
Id like to know if there were any changes also.....although they will be new to my nephews when i take them in April since they have never been to WDW

Imagineer1981
03-09-2009, 02:15 PM
why Ellen? it runs on solar right ?

Giggy
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
well even if it hasn't changed me and dw do it all, i feel that when in Disney you just do whatever you can, no matter how many times you that you've done them. there are some exceptions, but for the most part we try to do as much as we can.

Victor

That's how we do it...but then again we don't visit as often as the majority on here (we've been 1998, 2001, 2004) so by the time we return even things we have done before seem pretty new! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
03-10-2009, 10:11 AM
It was closed during our trip 2/1-2/10. A CM standing outside said they were just "tweeking things up"...so I wouldn't expect much, if anything, to change.

I liked it so much better when they had the house facades from the tv shows! Anyone else?

Stu29573
03-10-2009, 10:20 AM
That's how we do it...but then again we don't visit as often as the majority on here (we've been 1998, 2001, 2004) so by the time we return even things we have done before seem pretty new! :mickey:

Yes, me too. We went in 81, 91, 95, 2000, 2001, and now in June. I think when you realize it may be a few years before you get back you appreciate things a little more. :mickey:

Finiamh
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, Ellen ride makes its own power.

grumpyguy
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing a "major" tweaking...
seeing the death row of old movie props does nothing for me....
we do it,the canyon is still fun!

KylesMom
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by lightyearfan
Victor Well, the Backlot Tour is "an exception" for us, especially since it's a shell of what it once was. It was rumored that the intro action scene was being changed to PoTC, but I think if that were the case we'd hear about it by now.

There are a few attractions that we visit every other year based on park priorities we set. This may be one that gets pushed off to next year with Star Wars Weekends going on!