PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Dinner

JSparrow
03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
So I'm going to Disney with my family and my girlfriend in May. One of the nights we are there, just my girlfriend and I are going to go to dinner together. I was hoping to find a romantic place to go. Any suggestions?

brownie
03-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort would be one option. The Sci-Fi Dine-in at Disney's Hollywood Studios could work depending on your preferences. The San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot's World Showcase is nice since it's always night inside and you can possibly sit alongside El Rio de Tiempo.

SBETigg
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I like California Grill, Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian Cafe, or almost any of the World Showcase restaurants.

Mousemates
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Often times the "romantic feel" of a restaurant is determined as much by the table your at as it is the ambience of the facility itself...(i.e. whether you sit in quiet area to the side of the main dining floor, by a window (especially nice at Chefs of France) versus an interior table where you are surrounded by others.... or even worse near the entrance ot the kitchen or a refreshment station....so if it was romance I was wanting even after picking my place I'd also be sure to mention what you want to the host/hostess/etc upon checking in and make sure they know the feel your trying to create for the meal. Everyone (well almost everyone) is pro-romance and is generally willing to do what they can to help out.

By the way I would agree with the previous poster who said most any restaurant in the world showcase could have a romantic feel...harder to find Romance in the MK...my best guess there would be Tonys...however, its often not on many folks list of favorities places to eat food wise (thou we have enjoyed dining there in the past).

epceddie
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful first-year anniversary dinner at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney.

We got a table with high-back chairs in a lovely dining room and the service was outstanding. It probably didn't hurt that our waiter was also from Massachusetss, but he did a great job.

We had pre-dinner drinks at the bar and we ended the night with a carriage ride (with champagne that we brought along) at Port Orleans Riverside.

It was a great, great night.

AllDisney
03-03-2009, 07:03 PM
For romantic dinners we like Artist Point or Jiko. The are on the expensive side so be prepared.

faline
03-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Here are some general ideas for Romance at Disney World. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

Romance can be found in many corners of the world. On a recent trip, I loved sitting at a table in the courtyard of the French pavilion with a wonderful dessert from the Patissiere there along with a glass of champagne. For a top of the line romantic dinner, there's Victoria and Albert's. For expensive with a wonderful view, there's California Grill.

You could also go an a carriage ride for two at Fort Widerness. It's lots of fun and can be very romantic.