PDA

View Full Version : Boats and ECV's

beksy
03-03-2009, 01:10 PM
I know that some boats/ferries allow ECV's and others don't or at least don't part of the time because of the water level. I'm now confused as to which is which! I'm especially wondering about the ones going from POR to DTD, the MK ferry used instead of the monorail, the boats between Epcot and DHS. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

medic9016
03-03-2009, 02:15 PM
The MK ferry and the boat from Epcot to DHS is not a problem. I do not know what which type of boat is used from PO to DTD. If it is the same type they use from MK to Fort Wilderness you will not have a problem either.

Nini5055
03-03-2009, 02:56 PM
My dad had an ecv scooter and we took the ferry boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge and we also took the ferry to Beach Club for breakfast.

ElenitaB
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
This past May I was not allowed to board the Friendship Boats in EPCOT with the ECV... first time that has ever happened. That said, it's never been a problem between DHS and EPCOT. Also, here are certain kind of watercraft that are not set up for boarding ECVs and for that reason we had to wait this past December for the "next boat" to WL from the MK. As for the boat from POR to DTD, again it depends on which which kind of craft they're using (you should be fine with the pontoon boats).

TheDuckRocks
03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
At POR the boats have ramps that assist with the loading of ECVs and wheelchairs, because of them I have never had a problem with having to wait for another boat as I did at WL.