PDA

View Full Version : Best CS and Snacks in AK and DHS

MouseClubFan
03-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I have read lots of posts about great CS items and snack items in MK and Epcot but haven't come across any for AK or DHS. Does anyone have any suggestions or favorites? I would love input. We are leaving on the 13th...11 days and counting!:mickey:

CaptSmee
03-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I have read lots of posts about great CS items and snack items in MK and Epcot but haven't come across any for AK or DHS. Does anyone have any suggestions or favorites? I would love input. We are leaving on the 13th...11 days and counting!:mickey:

The only CS worth even mentioning at AK is Flametree BBQ, which is one of THE best CS in all of WDW! Of course you have to like BBQ food! As far as snacks go, they just have the usual offerings, however the iced teas in Asia are excellent!

As far as DHS goes...save yourself some trouble and make yourself an ADR at a sitdown. None of the CS restaurants are very good there. The only 2 I would ever consider eating at are Backlot Express (burgers) or Pizza Planet (pizza) and they are the usual park fare found everywhere else. A lot of people do like Studio Catering Co, but we thought it was very ho-hum. ABC Comissary was just awful. They do have a decent bakery that also has flavored slushies as well where we can always find a decent snack.

Briansmom
03-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I agree with Flametree BBQ......it was yummy. We also liked Yak & Teti CS.

Don't have any CS suggestions for DHS for you....sorry.

DisneyFr33k
03-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I agree with Flametree BBQ......it was yummy. We also liked Yak & Teti CS.

Don't have any CS suggestions for DHS for you....sorry.

:ditto: Flame Tree is one of the best in the World. Got nothing for you in DHS... still searching for a good one myself.

SBETigg
03-03-2009, 08:02 AM
As far as DHS goes...save yourself some trouble and make yourself an ADR at a sitdown. None of the CS restaurants are very good there. The only 2 I would ever consider eating at are Backlot Express (burgers) or Pizza Planet (pizza) and they are the usual park fare found everywhere else. A lot of people do like Studio Catering Co, but we thought it was very ho-hum. ABC Comissary was just awful. They do have a decent bakery that also has flavored slushies as well where we can always find a decent snack.

Actually, the table service in DHS isn't the best, either. We prefer not to eat in DHS. We snack and move on to Epcot or other parks for both quick service and table service meals. Brown Derby's not bad, but I prefer almost all other signature dining for the price.

sassafras
03-03-2009, 09:16 AM
We've never found a really good place to eat at DHS. In fact, we try to avoid eating there altogether. We prefer to leave and go to Epcot's World Showcase or back to our resort. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who feel this way about the quality of food at DHS!

pandkx3
03-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Flametree BBQ is yummy! However, be aware that at lunch it can be quiet a feat to get thru the line. Plenty of seating, though. We usually go a little early or a little late to avoid the congestion. At DHS, we usually do the Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package and 50's Primetime (my kids love the fried chicken). Sci-fi isn't by any means gormet, but the atmosphere, for kids, warrents a shake or dessert (which is very tasty). We usually eat at backlot express for a cs meal. It's comparable to most other cs around the world.:mickey:

iheartdisney
03-03-2009, 10:00 AM
If you have children....my kids love the idea of eating at Pizza Planet at DHS. Yes the food is average but they love pretending that they've just walked into the movie Toy Story.

AmandaChan
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
AK - We thought Yak and Yeti CS was decent. However there is no where to sit with shade.
Flame Tree was also decent. DH and I split a sandwich there and beans, it was pretty good.
Pizzafari - The pizza is actually good, I think. Good choice for kids.

MK - I can tell you what's NOT good, Noodle Terrace :ack:
Casey's Corner, while not the best hot dogs in the WORLD, are really good and a great treat (our tradition) for the fireworks!
Ice Cream Parlor is great.
Cosmic Ray's -- We had a bad experience here because it was so, SO busy. That place gets SOOOO BUSY.
You also can't beat a nice turkey leg in Frontierland.
Also Adventureland has a station with samosas. We love Indian food so it was a nice change of taste.

DHS - We actually like the ABC commissary. I like their Cuban sandwiches, and they serve it with a bean salad. The curry is a nice change, and DH actually likes the burgers there for some reason.
Although not a CS we thought the food at Sci-Fi was good. I got a turkey sandwich and it was one of the better turkey sandwiches I've ever had. Not just plain bread and turkey but nice wheat bread with melon slices.
We've gotten a turkey leg at DHS also.
Come to think of it I guess we haven't really ate a whole lot of food in DHS. WE DO love the pb and j shakes at 50's diner.

Johnno52
03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
When at AK and we are lazy we eat at Pizzafari and I get the Hot Italian sandwich, however most of the time we make our way to the AKL and get the fried shrimp plate and zebra domes at the Mara. Its the only place we know that serves shrimp as a CS.

At DHS its normal Disney fast food as everyone mentioned. The Grilled veggie sandwich at the Back Lot Express is a nice change and tastes good.