PDA

View Full Version : ride breakdowns

ghowlett
03-02-2009, 05:48 PM
We just returned from our trip (2/25 - 3/1) & we were kind of shocked by the amount of ride breakdowns. We were on 3 rides (TTA, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth) that broke down mid-ride & several other rides (Space Mountain & Big Thunder Railroad) broke down while we were waiting in line. It wasn't that big of a deal - the rides we were on started up again after a few minutes & we just came back to the other rides later, but I was just wondering if this was a common occurrence at Disney? I've been several times in the past & I don't remember experiencing that before.

SBETigg
03-02-2009, 06:12 PM
It's common to my experience. We tend to end up on at least three or more rides that break down on us during each trip. Last time, it was Space Mountain, Splash Mountain (3 times), Pirates, Carousel of Progress, Everest, and Test Track. It's usually minor. Occasionally more involved.

MickeyMousse
03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
While there 2/1-2/10, we spent about 3 days at MK and each time we were there, TTA had broken down! We only got to ride it once unfortunately-it is one of our favorite, wind down, relax a bit rides at MK. :(

DisneyGlutton
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
How do you know the rides were broken down and weren't pausing to load guests with disabilities? On SSE for sure I have noticed this.

GBBT
03-02-2009, 08:57 PM
How do you know the rides were broken down and weren't pausing to load guests with disabilities? On SSE for sure I have noticed this.

Yea!:D

CaptSmee
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Well, not on TTA or COP would they do that. Definitely on SSE it could have been it happens quite frequently there where they will slow the ride down or stop it completely for time travelers who need some extra time to board.

ghowlett
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM

True, I didn't think of that. That might've actually been the case on one because an automated message began playing that we'd proceed in a few moments. But we were stuck in awkward spots, like on Carousel of Progress, we were directly in the middle of two "rooms" so I doubt they'd be loading guests then & that's when a working cast member actually made the announcements instead of a recording.

TinkerbellT421
03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
COP actually did that to us this past trip in January when we were switching scenes it got stuck between the two scenes. Not dramatically but enough that I could hear both scenes playing at once. SSE does it all the time to load guests. And all Stitches Great Escape got stuck at the Main entrance when you watch the video, the video played three times before they finally got the doors to open to enter the next entrance.

MickeyMousse
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM

Because they had CM's walking the tracks and would not let people up the ramp. A CM kept everyone at the turnstile, eventually announcing that the ride was not operating.

JMTStone
03-03-2009, 02:41 PM
We had the "brokedown Disney" trip June 2008. Everest was broken the entire time we were at AK. My daughter and I watched as people were loaded off of the mountain from a stopped coaster. On that trip RnR was also down during DD16's fast pass time and she was CRUSHED. TSM was broken twice.

Rather be in broken Disney than at work!