PDA

View Full Version : Day Trip - Sun 2/28

robnadina
03-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi All,
Went to DL & DCA yesterday just as a day trip. It was me, DH, DD 9 months old. It was DD first DL trip and we had heard Sundays isn't so bad at DL.
Well, the parks were packed! I dont know if it was the good weather (in the 80's) or the SoCal 2fer, or a combo of both. Weekends at the DLR are definately not showing a recession.
With that being said, the day wasn't all bad. It was our first time with an infant and we had to use Rider Switch alot, but it worked out. Didn't get to ride alot of the rides we normally due, at one point POTC was a 45 min wait! There were alot of group functions going on as well. This is probably my biggest complaint of the day.
We were waiting in the blazing sun for IASW for 45 min (with a baby) and was getting closer to the ride embarkment when down the exit ramps came a group of 30 people, followed by a smaller group of about 15. So we were waiting an additional 20 minutes to get on the ride because they were given priority. Disney really needs to tweak this procedure because it was awful.
Oh, I guess the genius that is the Disney marketing team came up with a plan to allow So Cal residents buy AP's for a monthly payment. This line is mixed in with the regular ticket buying line and was running about 45 min long yesterday.
All in all, it wasnt a bad day. I am just going to avoid weekends until the 2fer is over.

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: