PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about adding DDP - Have Q's

Dream'nDisney
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Okay, I am rethinking the DDP. We currently do not have it added to our package, but I am trying to do the math to see if we would in fact benefit. First of all, we have two teenagers who don't eat alot. I usually split my dinner with one of them. I am a little confused about the quick service meal for breakfast. Does that mean we use that at a food court or say, the Beach Club Marketplace? or can we use that at a say, the Yachsman's Galley (or would the Galley be considered a Table Service?) I have more questions, but I'll start with that one. Thanks.

vicster
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Check the Info Central tab and you'll get all the answers for the dining plan.

SBETigg
03-02-2009, 04:17 PM
You can use quick service credits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at any quick service location. There's a list of those at Info Central under Dining. You can table service credits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (the best use economically speaking being for dinner). We like to use our snack credits any time or for breakfast items- we don't eat large breakfasts. We like to use quick service credits for lunch. We use our TS credits for dinner. You can use any credits any day- you can have three quick service meals one day and three table service the next, or you can spread them out to do one a day, whatever.

Dream'nDisney
03-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Let me try again. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I have already looked at Info Central, but I didn't see where it defined where you can get a Quick Service Meal (or I'm not looking in the right place). Is that at just places like a food court or BC Marketplace? Or can a Quick Service Meal be at a regular sit down restaurant, like the Yachtsman's Gallery? Thanks.

Dream'nDisney
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Duh. I just found it in Info Central. I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks for your help.:mickey:

nicjohn3
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Do your homework--Spend TS on Dinner for best value. Use snack credits for Breakfast. Use CS for lunch. Find and plan where you will eat to see if you will get your $ worth. We 2 adults and 2 children. We love the DP because it is a great value for the character meals. One buffet costs more than a child is charged for one day. You will find lots of info on this site. Ask your ?'s I learned so much over the last year or two--they are great here!!

chick20679
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
We find that the DDP isn't a value for us.

If you normally share a meal with one of your teens, you may not find it a value for you either, unless you plan to eat at at least one (or more) 2TS places.
Otherwise you end up spending more to buy the DDP than you would if you were to just buy meals on your own. We always end up with credits left over at the end of the week, and end up getting 'snack' items to take home on the plane. Which is fine, but it's 'money' we wouldn't have spent other wise.

On the other hand the two attributes that we like about the DDP is that it is all paid for before you go, so it is less hassle to worry about how much money to have on hand for meals. Second, is you can go ahead and order the filet minon and not have to worry about the cost - its included!!

All in all, we used to spend the extra cash for the DDP, but haven't our last two trips, b/c we just can't seem to eat all that food.

Good luck deciding! :mickey:

javamama
03-03-2009, 01:32 AM
What I would do is look at what you can get for your snack credits, CS credits, and TS credits. If your teens love steak/shrimp but never go out for it at home well this is the chance to have it the whole time on vacation when they go for dinner TS meals--kwim? Use the plan to your advantage, lets say you never get dessert at home when you go out to eat--this is dh and I, you get it with the DDP. I remember I printed off a huge list of places I could use snack credits at before we left, things you wouldn't imagine, speciality coffees, sundaes, brownies, etc... of course the dole whips:blush:
We like our big dinners so having a few steak or seafood dinners are nice on a great vacations, plus my kiddos love a character breakfast.

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Okay, I looked at our receipts from our last trip. We only once spent more than $100 on our dinners out, and we like to eat at LeCellier, California Grill, Rose & Crowne Pub, etc. During the summer months, it is so hot and our appetites are down, that's another reason we share a meal. It seems to me that if we splurge, and all get an expensive entree, then we are stuck paying a much higher tip than we would if we just ordered what we normally would order. Am I making any sense? What do some of you get for breakfast using the Snack option?