PDA

View Full Version : Brothers and Sisters--Season 3

MNNHFLTX
03-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Is there already a running thread for this season? I couldn't find it, but if there is, please merge this one. :D

Anyway, is anyone else still watching this show? It's been an interesting season so far, although I'm not thrilled with the storyline about yet another illegitimate Walker child. I thought last night's episode was one of the best this season. It was wonderful at the end to see Kitty take to being a mother to little Evan without any of the insecurity you sometimes see in her.

NotaGeek
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I absolutely LOVED the episode! I can't wait to see Tommy get what he deserves ... I have read all over that this is how they write him out of the show ...

I don't remember if there's a new thread for this season, I don't think anyone started one...

c&d
03-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Last night's show was great. I can't wait to see what happens with Tommy.

I'm guessing Kitty will get back with her husband. Word will leak out that it was a major heart attack and he'll be done running for governor.

I thought Justin might say he was going to become and EMT, I was surprised with the Doctor answer.

meldan98
03-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Last night's episode had been played up as someone was going to die and I kept waiting for Robert to flat line after the surgery or for David to kill off Holly. I mean it was a good episode, but I really think it was a stretch on the "death that is going to shake the family to its core". I love this show, but was a little disappointed in the ending, not that I want to see the family suffer, but I was just prepared for it to happen.

Justin, a doctor? I think he should be an EMT or a Nurse. I don't see him being a doctor. Are they going to have him struggle with his addtiction again once he starts working in the ER and dispensing meds?

I also didn't think that Rebecca knew about Ryan? I don't remember Justin telling her. Did I miss that last night?

DisneyLandMomma
03-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I really really love this show. Last night's episode was good but I knew almost right away that Robert was gonna be the one with the medical problem. I sort of feel bad for Tommy because he had changed his mind. Next week's episode looks really good.

Oh and Justin didn't tell Rebecca about Ryan. She had already heard about him when everyone else did. I think it was the episode where they were all at Kevin's boss' beach house.

And...I think they made Trish seem like she was having second thoughts and had to get out of there fast. Do you think she will come back later and want the baby??

meldan98
03-03-2009, 12:52 PM
The brothers and sisters kept asking Justin if he told Rebecca yet, so I was just really confused. Maybe she didn't know that she'd gone to Berkley?

ITA about Trish and the baby. I really think she will change her mind and come back.

KarenP
03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
It was a very good episode!

I thought Trish acted a little strange and figure in time she is going to come back and want the baby. I do hope eventually Kitty becomes pregnant.

NotaGeek
03-16-2009, 02:33 AM
REALLY good episode ... I want Justin to grow up. His character is SO whiney, I can't take it. The fact that he is dating a 19 year old and acts like his 16 is tiresome ... and he is looking way to old for his character. He is a cutey...

If Rebecca ends up dating the new brother, I just don't get it ... these people live in LA ... can't they find anyone else to date except their own "family"?

So, good old Tommy is outtie ... everything I have read says he got the oust from the series, and I say good riddance -- that whole story line is getting kind of tired.

Carol
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Rob Lowe Is Leaving Brothers & Sisters

Today 2:23 PM PST by Kristin Dos Santos

It's true. Rob Lowe is leaving Brothers & Sisters.

Reps for ABC and Rob himself just confirmed the news to us.

Though the series isn't hurting for big names, what with Calista Flockhart, Sally Field and Rachel Griffiths on board, it's still somewhat surprising ABC would let its best-known male actor go, right? So why is this happening? Here's what I'm hearing from insiders...

Sources who work on the show tell me that for several weeks now, producers have been discussing killing off a main character from Brothers & Sisters at the end of the current season for budgetary reasons.

It was decided this week that Rob Lowe would be the one to leave the show, primarily because Rob felt he was being underutilized in the ABC family series and had asked to exit the show. Easy choice, right? And definitely an amicable split, from what I hear, which explains why ABC just released this statement to us: "We would like to keep Rob at ABC; we feel he should be anchoring his own franchise. We are in talks now."

[ABC president Steve McPherson also said this to Deadline Hollywood earlier today.]

Though producers wrote a juicy storyline for Rob last season involving a near-death experience due to heart attack, he has largely stood at the sidelines this season as Calista Flockhart took center stage in dealing with her character Kitty's battle with cancer.

So how will Rob leave the show?

Spoiler alert: According to my sources, Kitty's flirty park buddy with whom she had an emotional affair last season (Alec Tyler, played by Matt Letscher) will be coming back into the picture at—get this—the request of Robert McAllister (Lowe). So it certainly appears as though Rob and Kitty's marriage may again fall into trouble.

Of course, McAllister could also have another heart attack and be killed off the show. But I'm told it's most likely that producers will write him off in a way so Lowe can come back for future guest spots.

KarenP
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Say it isn't so! I just love Rob Lowe on this show.

NotaGeek
01-21-2010, 07:45 PM
UGH. Let's hope this isn't spelling the demise of the show ... even though Rob Lowe isn't the cornerstone of the show, but he really is great in his role.

I really love this show and the characters are all really well played.

c&d
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I love his character, I wish he'd stayed.

I kept telling DH that Kitty was leaving because of her cancer. In every soap they give a major illness to a character while they are in contract negotiations and they either die or get cured in a day.

Joannelet
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh no I love Rob Lowe in this show. :( This is really upsetting news. :(

MNNHFLTX
01-22-2010, 10:42 AM
The spoiler befuddles me. How will they write him out of the show in a way that allows him to come back for guest spots? This season in particular, he has been a devoted husband and father, even giving up public office to be home more with is family. So why would the guy from the playground will be invited back into their lives by Robert? Anyway, I think the only thing that would make sense at this point would be for them to kill off his character, anything else would be too wierd.

I am not liking the Robert/Kitty storyline twist, as far as her running for office. I always found Robert's involvement in politics to be one of the few tedious things about this show, so am not thrilled that we're going to be dealt up a new round of it. Oh well. The storylines with Sarah's new boyfriend and Kevin and Scotty's impending parenthood are cute enough to offset it.

Melanie
01-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Man I need to catch up with this show!