PDA

View Full Version : Epcot & AK, ae they built the same as Magic Kingdom?

paragon
03-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Ok, so most of us know how MK was built, with the guest areas actually on the "upper level", but are Animal Kingdom, Epcot and DHS built the same way?

Celestria
03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
nope. there are no underground tunnels at epcot. just mk. cast members in mk aren't allowed to walk through the different lands in there different costumes. epcot will have people from the land walking to mission space and test track and so on and so forth.

Celestria
03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
ok ok, i know i said underground but you know what i meant.....

CaptainDisney
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
The Magic Kingdom's "Utilidors" are a unique system. No other park at WDW has anything quite like it.

If you look at Epcot or DAK on Google Maps, you can see that each is designed with access by a perimeter road. For instance, each country in World Showcase and each pavilion in Future World (with a few exceptions) can be accessed by the Avenue of the Stars (never understood why it's called that??). This system eliminates the need for the tunnels, because all of the backstage support can come "from behind" so-to-speak. The tunnels are cooler, IMHO.

No one really knows how DHS was designed. It does not seem to have any master plan, either on-stage or off-!

The bottom line: secret underground city only at MK :mickey:

kakn7294
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Actually, Future World does have a very limited system of under-the-park tunnels. According to "The Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot", the system runs only under the core of the park, Spaceship Earth and the two Innoventions buildings.

Zone Stop
03-02-2009, 01:03 PM
They're not Tunnels, they're the basement to the Communicore buildings... but they DO smell just as bad as the Kingdom tunnels!

As for the show-quality Land walks to Track thing... they're all the same themed land, so it's no different than someone from the Haunted Mansion being in front of the Hall of Presidents.

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 03:08 PM
right, and even MK isn't "underground" its actually the 1st floor and MK is the 2nd floor. The tunnel is called the Utilidor. DHS/Epcot/AK, the CMs can more freely roam the parks and also have access to more areas including parking closer to work areas. MK is totally self sustained in the Utilidors