PDA

View Full Version : Bibbidy Bobbity Boutiques Question?

Insanity Clause
03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
My husband and I will be taking three of our five kids to the World and our two girls want to go to the BBB and I was wondering if it was worth the price. I don't want to be stingy but we had to save alot to do this trip and we could let them do it but I just want to know if any of you have experices with the BBB.

angyl15
03-02-2009, 09:47 AM
On the last "girls" trip I had with my sisters, mom and nieces and nephews all of my nieces were in the 15+ age group, BUT two of my nephews were 4 and 8. My sisters and I convinced them that they wanted to get their hair painted cool colors (as they do for boys at BBB). We sadly did this mostly to get our fix of girly things and see what it was like inside. It was a little girls dream inside! If you can manage it financially and you have very girly girls, it will most likely be the highlight of their trip. If you are trying to keep things moderate in cost however, I would suggest bringing your girls their own costumes so you and they are not tempted by the expensive ones there. Maybe check out ebay before you go, sometimes people list last years halloween costumes pretty cheap.

g8rgirl29
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
If your girls are into the princesses, love getting dressed up and doing girly things it is a must!!! You can bring your own costumes and be treated exactly the same!! We did the hair, nails and make-up package or you can do their nails at the hotel and save about $5. They do get to bring the make-up and 2 unopened containers of nail polish home with them. Our DD did the pop princess hairstyle and it stayed in for 3 days which was great. She swam and was very active and it stayed in great. This was an added treat for me not having to fight with her hair every am and every mealtime. Just remember if you do this hairstyle to use sunscreen in the parted areas!! Don't forget you can get their photos taken after(which they don't really tell you about unless you get the big package), if you are getting the photopass cd you can have these added at no charge.

chrisie703
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I read on another site that you can get the exact same NEW costumes, or Princess dresses on ebay for less than 1/2 price of Disney. I would do that if my daughter was old enough. She's only 17 months, so maybe next year.

Lynn J Mc
03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
How old are they? My niece did it last year at 7 1/2. She was very self-conscious about people looking at her in the park after getting all "princessed' up. She made my mom wash out the junk in her hair the next morning before we went back to the park.

MrPeetrie
03-02-2009, 07:29 PM
My daughter was 4+ on the last trip and we did the BBB. For me, it was worth it. They had two or three CMs fussing over her, while another CM was taking pictures. (My wife said, Disney fussed over our daughter more than people did for her at her own wedding.) Afterwards, for the remainder of the day, CMs were sure to comment about our "princess." She felt very "special" all day and after re-watching the video at home, I still get teary-eyed. If your daughters are into the princess thing, it's a must-do.
:thumbsup:

And I'm sure the person who came up with this idea received a HUGE BONUS. They really pack 'em in!!! And it's not cheap!!!

Tinkermom
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Coach Package includes hairstyling and shimmering makeup — starting at $49.95 plus tax.
Crown Package includes hairstyling, shimmering makeup and nails — starting at $54.95 plus tax.
Castle Package includes the Crown Package plus the Imaging Package (one 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete costume of your choice with accessories — starting at $189.95 plus tax.

We have done the Coach Package for our DD. The price has really gone up since they started BBB. We went the first year they opened and I believe it was only $32 for the Coach package. Our DD (now 7) LOVES BBB. We always bring a costume from home (usually purchased at WalMart). They do a great job with the girls' hair. Your DD's get a choice of style and tiara. You can take as many pictures as you want. They also have a Photopass photographer there snapping lots of pictures as well. We have done BBB twice now and DD had a great experience both times. They really make the girls feel special. :thumbsup:

princessesmom
03-03-2009, 09:45 AM
If it is going to strain your budget just explain that to them and they will be fine. I have 4 children with the youngest being dd4. She wanted to do it on our trip a couple of weeks ago. I just think $50+ for hair/makeup for a child that age is very extravagant (just my opinion). With the economy being what it is and our income being considerably lower this year, I wasn't even going to entertain the idea. I just explained to her that we really don't have the money right now. She didn't bring it up again at WDW and had a wonderful time!

disneyfan328
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I wanted my DD (8 at the time of our last trip) to be able to expierience this, but alas could not see spending that kind of money on it. I found a beautiful Princess dress ( aurora's gold one ) one sale at the Disney Store for 9.00. It was orignally 65.00. I really lucked out on that one. from her being in dance I had lots of sprakly glittery make up and stuff to sprinkle on her and also a hair piece that I got at a dollar store for a buck. We did her nails that morning at the hotel and then I pulled her hair up into a quick bun and put the hair piece of long curls around that. I splurged at Claires before we left home on a small gold Tiara (about 12.00) and put that in the front. I glitzed her up in the bathroom with make up and glitter in her hair etc. She was more than thrilled with how it turned out and we then went to eat in CRT with Cindy and friends. All day long people kept saying "Aww look how pretty you are you must have been at the BBB." My DD would smile and so No, my mommy did this for me. Honestly I am no beautician, but you wouldn't have been able to tell that she hadn't been to BBB.

JMTStone
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
We've done the BBB two times. The first time we went ALL OUT. Got the costume on site, photo shoot, all of it.

The next time, we took some things off. DD7 was smiling strange the whole trip (new missing tooth) so we knew the photo session wouldn't do... took that cost off. Took cost off for the hair-piece and shoes as well. Saved quite a bit of money.

You don't have to get the costome there. You can bring in costumes from home and then just do the hair. Its worth the visit.

Mickey91
03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Find a really nice costume on sale somewhere and do one of the two lower priced packages. They are worth it just to see your little girl's eyes light up from the experience. It is very hard for them to watch the other little girls wearing their sashes and sparkles and not get to go.

Nini5055
03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
My dd7 did it last year. I have to say they do a really good job at gluing the hairstyle in AND my dd looked AMAZING!!! However, she said they hurt when they did the hairstyle (but she is sensitive that way) and by the next morning she wanted the bun out because it hurt. She wouldn't let me wash it the next morning so I brushed it out as best I could...the spray made her hair hard.

I think it is a nice experience for a girl to do at least once. My dd will not be doing it again this year...her choice!!!

momofdisneyprincess
03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I took my daughter when she was 4 the morning we went to the Pirate and Princess Party. I also took her when she was 5 the morning of MNSSHP. Both times I got the hair,makeup and nail package. Around $50. Not bad when you price the makeup, nails, and crown at the gift shops. You get to take all those home with you. Both times I also brought my dresses from home. I purchase them right after Halloween at our local Disney Store. You can also look at Target and Wal Mart. Definitely a favorite of hers. My husband didn't even recognize her when she was all made up!

Ian
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Look, it's really expensive, but let me tell you ... when you see the look on your little girl's face both during and after, you'll know it was worth the money.

The pictures we have of DD after her times at the BBB are priceless.

DANAM
03-18-2009, 06:20 PM
My daughter has done it twice at the castle. For the Halloween Party at 5 and for Pirate and Princess at 6 both times we did the least expensive package, coach I believe, around $50 and it was soooo worth it. If you can I would. They will truely enjoy it. By the way, my son has done it as well before the Halloween party when he was 3. It was adorable I have never seen him smile so hard when they turned that chair around.
P.S. make sure you book ASAP