PDA

View Full Version : When to do room requests?

disneynarula
03-01-2009, 08:54 PM
When do you typically make your room requests? We are non DVC staying at SSR at the end of May through the beginning of June. We are also booked through MJ.

ibrowse17
03-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Not sure about DVC, but I have made my requests when I booked. I have done this doing it myself, and using MJ. So far we have been lucky and gotten ours. Good luck with yours:thumbsup:

Insanity Clause
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
What I have been told on this is that you can request when you book but they can't really promise anything. We are going down next month and I was told to call about 10 days prior plus I noticed with the new online check in that you can register you entire party and request rooms and location.

TammiMcMan
03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
We are going down next month and I was told to call about 10 days prior.If you plan on calling the resort, they won't even have your reservation downloaded into their system until about 4 days prior to your arrival.

plus I noticed with the new online check in that you can register you entire party and request rooms and location.According to the folks at MJ, the "special request" section is just a check off list where you click on items like pack & play, refrigerator, etc. As of right now, there is not a place where you can type in requests.

In answer to the OP's question, it's best to have all your requests noted on your reservation. This is the only way to ensure that someone at the resort will actually see them. You can followup with a fax or phone call 3-4 days prior to arriving, but there's no guarantee that all faxes are reviewed or that the phone is actually answered at the resort. Disney uses a call answering center and you could be talking to someone in Utah without even knowing it. Considering the OP is using MJ, as long as they are aware of any special requests, they'll also pass them along to the resort.

Hull-onian
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
We fax our request four days before we arrive. They have honored every request. No wonder we go back every year.:mickey:

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Make your requests when you make your reservation. You can call about a week before arrival to verify that your requests are on your reservation. If your requests haven't been granted when you check-in, they'll work with you at check-in to accommodate your requests.