PDA

View Full Version : 1 Table Service-Which would you choose?

PirateLover
03-01-2009, 04:19 PM
My fiancee and I are headed back in June and now that park hours are released, we are planning our itinerary. Keeping in mind that NEXT June we will be back again and living it up on our Disneymoon:cloud9:, we are playing it frugal this time around. We would like to do one nice sit down meal in Epcot, specifically one we have not done yet, and most likely on his birthday. The three we are choosing from are Le Cellier, Tutto Italia, and Coral Reef. I'm leaning towards Le Cellier but can't decide. Which would you choose, and why?

AmandaChan
03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I have never ate at any of these restaurants however judging by reviews read online and what I am interested in... I would pick Le Cellier!

DisneyGlutton
03-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Have you been to any of the TS before? If not, I would definitely try a new one (such as Tutto). I also voted for Tutto because it is the most elegant and luxurious of the three. All are solid choices though. Coral has the best atmosphere, so it would be my second choice; the atmosphere at Le Cellier stinks (its a glorified dungeon).

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-01-2009, 05:16 PM
On our last trip we ate at all 3.

Le Cellier by far! The food is wonderful. I ordered the mushroom filet which was so tender you could cut it like butter. :number1:

Tutto Italia was really good too. However I don't think the food was worth the price.:thumbsup:

Coral Reef is a favorite of ours for lunch. I really enjoy their lobster bisque.:thumbsup:

But if I had to choose one...without a doubt...Le Cellier.

PirateLover
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Just to clarify, we haven't done any of these yet, which is why they are the choices. Whatever we don't choose this time around, we will hit up on the honeymoon.

SBETigg
03-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Out of those, I would choose Le Cellier. It's consistently pretty good, if slightly overrated.

yjgirl32
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
My vote is Coral Reef- very good food and a great atmoshpere. Good Luck.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I voted for Coral Reef, good food, great atmosphere. Last time we were at Le Cellier, it was a disapointment...nice, but nothing special!

KylesMom
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I voted for LeCellier, as that's our favorite TS in Epcot. However, which menu appeals to you both the most? I would peruse the menus and choose in this manner. :mickey:

tinksmom02
03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
We've eaten at all three, and I don't think you'd go wrong with any of them. I voted for LeCellier, but if you have difficulty getting and ADR, try Tutto. It was really very good, which surprised me for some reason. While I enjoyed the Coral Reef, I always get a "snooty" vibe from the check-in desk and the servers. EVERYONE at Tutto, however, was so pleasant and accomodating...same at LeCellier.

PirateLover
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I voted for LeCellier, as that's our favorite TS in Epcot. However, which menu appeals to you both the most? I would peruse the menus and choose in this manner. :mickey:

:) We've already checked out the menus, which is how we've come to these three. There are at least 2 or 3 things we'd try on each menu. We have an unsophisticated palette as they say and are hoping to branch out to the more upscale dining locations by the time the honeymoon rolls around.

Thanks all, please keep the opinions coming! It may indeed come down to what's available. We are even seeing if we might possibly want to do lunch at one and dinner at another. It all depends on the money situation.

disneynarula
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I have eaten at Coral Reef and Le Cellier. Neither one was really impressive. I sometimes feel like WDW gets away with giving the impression you are eating at some super special restaurant this is so popular that you need to reserve your spot three months in advance. All these places are just hyped up by the dining plan. Before the DDP if you were not really picky about when you ate you could pretty much decide in the morning where you wanted to eat in the evening.

Neither was bad but both are way overated. I voted for Le Cellier because I love the soup and pretzel breadsticks. I am not a huge meat eater so that effects my opinion. My meal at Coral Reef was yummy but both DH and I agreed that if we were paying out of pocket we would have been dissapointed.
IMHO the best meal we had was at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD!

Charlee
03-02-2009, 11:17 AM
This is almost the same decision I had to make for our June trip - I only wanted one Epcot ADR and was trying to decide between Le Cellier and Coral Reef!

We've done both places and enjoy them but I come down slightly more in favour of the Coral Reef. I love Le Cellier, the steaks, the chocolate moose - yum! But the atmosphere of the Coral Reef, the tank and the food win me over! None of us are fish eaters but the steak and pork chop were great and the desserts were great - the chocolate wave is a favorite! So another vote for the Coral Reef :thumbsup:

Luv Eeyore
03-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I'd choose Le Cellier, only because the last few times at Coral Reef and Tutto Italia we had lousy service (and the last meal we had at Tutto was, quite frankly, indedible which was very disappointing since we have had some very good meals there).

CU Tiger
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Le Cellier gets my vote!:mickey:

SBETigg
03-02-2009, 02:41 PM
If you're not adventurous eaters so far, Maryanne, Le Cellier is also a good way to start branching out. Most dishes are pretty basic, nothing too alarmingly new, but maybe some new things. Probably the same with Tutto Italia.

Coral Reef, I really don't find the atmosphere romantic. It's loud, especially if little kids are there. I've never heard so many unhappy children as I've heard at Coral Reef. Perhaps because dinners there can take awhile. Not that I don't expect kids at WDW and also expect that sometimes kids get cranky. But it all seems amplified in there. Also, it could be just me, but something about being that close to the fish tank just kills my appetite. From far away, not so bad. I prefer not to sit up against it. You occasionally glimpse unsavory things in the water you might not want to see. But maybe that's just me. :blush: We've also had awful food and service there, but I'm sure that's not the norm.

kakn7294
03-02-2009, 05:10 PM
I voted for Le Cellier. I've never eaten at Tutto Italia but the menu just doesn't appeal to me. We ate at both Le Cellier and Coral Reef in August. The food at Coral Reef was good but service was somewhat slow. The food at Le Cellier was much better and our server there was awesome!!! We've been there twice and were very pleased both times, both with the food and with the service.

PirateLover
03-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks again for all the input!
Sherri, the fiancee is the one who really wants to do Coral Reef. He is intrigued by the whole fish tank aspect. Neither of us eat seafood though for the most part so we are a bit more limited on that menu. I must say we are not particularly looking for a romantic experience... however we've decided that we will be doing this dinner on our first night, so we would prefer a more relaxed atmosphere. I think we are going to try for Le Cellier. If we can't get that, we'll see if the other two are available that day. Thanks all!

GoofyGirl18
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Definitely Le Cellier! Gotta love steak!

iheartdisney
03-03-2009, 09:57 AM
On our last trip we ate at all 3.

Le Cellier by far! The food is wonderful. I ordered the mushroom filet which was so tender you could cut it like butter. :number1:

Tutto Italia was really good too. However I don't think the food was worth the price.:thumbsup:

Coral Reef is a favorite of ours for lunch. I really enjoy their lobster bisque.:thumbsup:

But if I had to choose one...without a doubt...Le Cellier.

Oh my goodness! Are you my clone?

Ditto to all of the above!

Love of Disney
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Le Cellier, eh!
:cool:

Mousemates
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Tutto Italia was really good too. However I don't think the food was worth the price.

we agree

Mickey91
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Coral Reef. I love the aquarium and the food and service are excellent!

GrmGrninGost
03-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Coral Reef has turned into my favorite on-site restaurant. The food has been great every time we've eaten there and the service has been impeccable. LeCellier is a close second for me. The food is great, but we have had some problems (minor mostly) with our service. Both are wonderful and not to be missed! :mickey:

goofy78
03-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I voted for Coral Reef. I know it isn't fair in that I have not been to the others, but I have been to Coral Reef a few times and have not been disappointed. IMHO they have good food and a great atmosphere.

PirateLover
03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Just thought I'd update you all and let you know that it looks like we'll have to try Le Cellier on our honeymoon. We've been so caught up in apartment hunting lately that we missed our 90 day mark yesterday. Today was day 89. Le Cellier was booked for both days we tried for, but we did get Coral Reef for a 5:25 dinner and we are also doing T-Rex on night. Thanks for all of your input :thumbsup:

j&j
03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
have eaten in canada it is ok. coral reef was disspointed in the meal would not go back again.:mickey::mickey:

JPL
03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Le Cellier for the simple reason it is a little more consistent than Coral Reef.

Mr_Increddieble
03-23-2009, 12:17 PM
We've eaten at all three and enjoyed all three.

If you're gonna drink some wine and try to have a romantic evening - LeCellier or Tutto.

If you need a good steak - LeCellier

If you need some nice lasagna - Tutto

Coral has a new chef since we went there (I heard) but they also feed 900 people per night. Too much of a "push 'em through" feel for me.

jrkcr
03-23-2009, 12:20 PM
LeCellier!! :thumbsup:
Cheddar cheese soup, and filet mignon. :eat:

jlovesmickey
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
they are all good choices, I chose LC, its really wonderful:)

jcvalenti
03-24-2009, 10:49 AM
There are several really long threads on all of these over the last month, especially the LC v CR debate.

Out of those three, I go with Coral Reef. I had a better steak there than the last two times I've been to LC, and the wine list is the most reasonable and diverse in all of Epcot. LC is vastly overrated, IMHO, and Tutto was ridiculous for the price (though Alfredo's was one of our favorites).

Are you absolutely married to these three places ? It's not exactly Epcot, but you might think about a nice meal at Il Mulino over at the Swan. It's a far swankier place than any of these three, and only a quick boat ride away from the friendship landing.

I'm kind of grumpy, though, when thinking of Disney dining at Epcot ... I think it's been going steadily downhill for a few years. Of all the Epcot restaurants I've eaten at in the last 3 or 4 years, I think Teppan Edo is probably the most consistantly excellent.

PETE FROM NYC
03-24-2009, 12:10 PM
My vote is for Le Cellier.We have been there several times.The only ts in EPCOT that we do go back too.I have never been to Coral Reef but looking at the menus,too fancy, exotic and over priced for me.As far as Tuttu Italia, well, I was raised Italian and as far as I am concerned, there is no edible Italian food in the whole state of Florida.

Belster
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
I voted Coral Reef because I think it is a bot romantic...I love the way the lighting is and the seating arrangements. The food and service are both wonderful.

They also have great sweet treats!!!!

Disney_Barbie
03-25-2009, 11:57 AM
We have not yet tried Italy (but going in Aug :mickey:) So many I'm not a fare judge.

However, I voted for Coral Reef. We LOVE both resturants, but for us it comes down to this : the food is a bit better @ Le Cellier. However the atmosphere is way better & more romantic @ Coral Reef. We do really enoy Le Cellier, but we felt it was so bright & the tables were so... open and exposed that it just lacked intamasy.

We're late eaters so we book the latest ressie available @ Coral Reef on the 1st nt of every trip, we love the atmosphere & for us the experience/atmosphere/romance of dinning is more important then the actual food.

DANAM
03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Le Cellier although we haven't tried the other two. The atmosphere is very romantic and the food is wonderful. I will say, you hear alot about the soup but I didn't care for it at all.

Daddy Mouse
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I have eaten at Coral Reef and Le Cellier. Neither one was really impressive. I sometimes feel like WDW gets away with giving the impression you are eating at some super special restaurant this is so popular that you need to reserve your spot three months in advance. All these places are just hyped up by the dining plan. Before the DDP if you were not really picky about when you ate you could pretty much decide in the morning where you wanted to eat in the evening.

Neither was bad but both are way overated. I voted for Le Cellier because I love the soup and pretzel breadsticks. I am not a huge meat eater so that effects my opinion. My meal at Coral Reef was yummy but both DH and I agreed that if we were paying out of pocket we would have been dissapointed.
IMHO the best meal we had was at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD!

When you ask for advice or an opinion one must understand that people experience places differently. For example I enjoyed the ambiance of the coral reef and had good food there but not great. Eating Italian food for me out has been most disappointing. (DW’s grandmother from Sicily taught her, and I‘ve been spoiled for over 25 years.) The last couple of times we were down and tried to get into Le Cellier, we were unable to even get seated because they were completely booked. That was before free dining. We also tried Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. I will never go back there again because of a negative experience. DW and went there and tried to order 3 different items, including the lunch special. They were out of everything. This was around the lunch hour. When we finally settled for other food, we were disappointed in the quality of the food. I don’t know if our experience was an anomaly or normal.

Don't let our experiences chase you away from creating you own.

murphy1
03-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Wonderful plan!! I think you picked three great place and couldn't really go wrong. I hope you do go to Tutto in the future, it is fantastic!!! They brought out a yummy chocolate dessert for Jordan, I think they had her bday in the system. Just to comment on sophisticated palate, I am 42 and finally have one! LOL I was finally able to justify Victoria & Albert's and am so glad I did not go before I did this year, I don't think I would have truly appreciated the meal and experience. I am so excited for you guys! I remember your engagement pics, just great!

ShanPooh
03-27-2009, 02:35 AM
DH and I would say Le Cellier hands down!
We are hoping our kiddos will behave long enough so we can eat there the next time we go. :thedolls:
I really love their mushroom filet mignon with risotto :cloud9:
We enjoy the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread.
DH is looking forward to trying their maple barbecued grilled chicken sandwich - never having been there for lunch.

Wherever you decide to go, have a wonderful and romantic time!!!

animalkingdomguy
03-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Please. That question was easy. Le Cellier is a great steakhouse. Frankly, we like it more that Shulla's at the Swan.

Mackflava99
03-30-2009, 09:04 AM
LeCellier is just a great experience the food is great, the service excellent Plus its a cool cellar feel.

Coral reef has a great experience too- the view of the tank is just tremendous. The food is very good and the service is very good.

So either of them would be great-

Le Cellier might win by a hair-

Tuto italiano is terrible- I am italian and i can trully say the food stinks. We had a family meal there a year ago- there were 7 of us and all 7 didnt care for their food, and my mother in law had pasta that was frozen in the middle.
We rarely complain about food in a restaurant, but we definitely complained to them that day. And....they didnt care.

NJGIRL
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
I would pick Tutto. I thought it had very good Italian food. I have never understood the hype of Le Cellier. Dining there was an OK experience but not something I would rush to do again.

RAIDER
04-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Another vote for le cellier ..if you can ever get in !!! :D