PDA

View Full Version : Did they change Small World at WDW?

Bama Mickey
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I saw where they had "updated" It's a Small World at Disneyland. Did the WDW Small World get the same "updates"?

Mousefan29
03-01-2009, 03:51 PM
We were there in January and nothing had changed. Still the classic show.

Melanie
03-01-2009, 05:47 PM
No, still the same at WDW, and no plans at this time to change it.

Marker
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
I hope they don't change it. And it has nothing to do with whether or not I like the changes. I'd like to see differences from one park to the next. If they make every ride and attraction the same at both parks, what motive is there to visit the other. Let them be different. Let them have their own character.

MistressGracey999
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
WDWs Small World got a bit of an update a couple of years ago, changing the primary colors of the facade to gold and white. But it did not get the same recent update as DLs Small World, where Disney characters were added throughout.

Just as an aside, I saw some pics of the character dolls that were added, and they were great! They looked very "Small World-ish".

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll be excited if they add the Disney Characters to small world. While I don't think it needs them, it would be a nice addition.

Giggy
03-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I hope they don't change it. And it has nothing to do with whether or not I like the changes. I'd like to see differences from one park to the next. If they make every ride and attraction the same at both parks, what motive is there to visit the other. Let them be different. Let them have their own character.

I have often thought that, you hear people saying that they think a ride should be remade like the version at one of the other parks. I think it is better to have variations rather than running the risk of two clone parks.

Mickey91
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I hope they don't ever add the characters to Small World. I love Mickey Mouse. I believe only Walt could have loved him more. But, I don't want to see him in Small World and I don't think Walt would approve either. Afterall, Mickey existed before Small World and if Walt felt Mickey belonged there he would have put him there himself!

GoldenDreams
03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
The last update they did at Magic Kingdom made the ride more sparkly. The gold and white at the front is just beautiful.

If you are there at the hour change, the clock will actually open. I had never seen that before the update, so I don't know if it is new or not. But it was a fun surprise.