PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Hold Times

Magic Fanatic
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Unbelievable, I have been on hold for 2 hours and 20 minutes trying to make dinner reservations for our June vacation!!!!

chrisie703
03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
OMG!! Can that be possible? I think you got lost in the system, no? Good luck!

Magic Fanatic
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes, it is possible. The finally came on the line after 2 hours and 50 minutes

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
I wonder if they had a staffing issue...people calling in sick?

DizneyRox
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
If it was an 800 number it would be staffed to keep the wait times down. When the guest is footing the bill, "Oh well! We'll get to you when we can!"

Crow
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
wow thats a long time.
when i called WDW dining Friday afternoon i only had to wait maybe 2 min.
hope you got the ADRs u wanted

disneynarula
03-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I just hang up and was only on hold for about half an hour.

LudwigVonDrake
03-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I would give up after 10-15 minutes and call back :call:

katzctkpt
03-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I made reservations last night for Chef Mickey's and it took 1 hr and 10 min to do so. I was on hold for 15 min when a cm answered and because of the size of our party she needed to connect me to group reservations and up front she told me that it was taking around 20 min or longer to get someone to help with making those accomodations. The cm was very polite and checked back with me every 15 min to be sure I wanted to continue holding.

BugeyedMuggy
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Yesterday (Sun, March 1) we were on hold for 3 hours and my cell went dead so I had to call back and was on hold another two hours. I was told there were 100 people in the que while I was waiting 2 hours. If Disney cannot handle 100 callers when they have 50,000 ppl going through the MK on one day, Then I would say, "Yes, They have a staffing issue!"

disneynarula
03-02-2009, 10:48 AM
That is out of control! Especially since it is a long distance phone call. I think the DDP has ruined the Disney Dining Experience. I hate having decide my vacation schedule this far in advance. I want to wake up in the morning and decide what I want for dinner that night. Now I have this complicated spreadsheet with all the ADRs. Then you have to decide what park to visit based on where you are eating. I tried to get ADRs mostly at DTD and the resorts because the park TS establishments are so packed!

We are doing the DDP only because I have a very "thirfty" husband and I want to be able to order whatever I want without his head exploding.

KylesMom
03-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree - these are insane wait times to schedule ADRs. While I understand that the new system went live a week ago and it is taking awhile for the CMs to adapt, you would think they would ADD CMs to pick up the calls that are pouring into the queues. I cannot imagine being on hold for up to three hours!!! :(

#1donaldfan
03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
....yep it's true, it's true...the wait times are as crazy as TSM at the studios over NYE (trust me, we were there)....!!

DW was waiting so long she had to plug the cell phone in 'cause it was goning dead....she just put it on speaker and waited that way....:thumbsup:

motherof4
03-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I called to make reservations for my Aug. trip I was on hold for 25 min. and later in the afternoon I was on hold for 30 min. I am calling from Massachusetts and I am afraid the phone bill for this month will be high and my husband will not let me take the trip I am planning can't they do something about the long time on hold? also the dining reservations are just as bad it woudln't be bad if it was a toll free number.

KylesMom
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
I called to make reservations for my Aug. trip I was on hold for 25 min. and later in the afternoon I was on hold for 30 min. I am calling from Massachusetts and I am afraid the phone bill for this month will be high and my husband will not let me take the trip I am planning can't they do something about the long time on hold?Just as a heads-up, you won't be able to make most of your dining reservations for awhile (with the exception of Hoop-De-Doo or something similar). For general ADRs, the arrival date is currently on or about June 3rd. We will be arriving on June 13th, and our ADR call time for standard ressies is on March 15th.

TheRustyScupper
03-04-2009, 11:01 AM
1) Disney has reduced the number of CM hours, thus available phone staffing.
2) They also reduced the hours of at-home ressie people. *
3) At times, the waits can be long.

* There are many work-from-home non-employee people who contract to do ressies. They can make $9.00-$12.00 per hour. WDW is making less hours available at this time.

Jenbabe411
03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
I just called to make a reservation for June 2 at the California Grill and spoke to a person in about 3 min. (After going through the touch tone stuff at the beginning).

Will have to make some more reservations later, hope it won't be that bad!

Seasonscraps
03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
I hope it gets worked out. Two - three hours on hold is obscene. :mad: I would rather take that time and go off property to eat then waste it sitting on the phone like that.

Woozle
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I went through the same thing with the wait times (over 3 hrs total), my cell died twice. Then the 3rd time, when I finally got through I found out that I had been given info that was incorrect for booking. So I still have to call back.

I hate having to get a group to decide what they want to eat ahead of times too! But I know it is impossible to eat where we want otherwise.

jusandnew
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Can't you make the reservations when you check in at the desk? In the past I have dine this.

DizneyRox
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Can't you make the reservations when you check in at the desk? In the past I have dine this.
Not usually, at least not for the "good" restaurants. I'm sure in this economy it will be easier, but many places if you don't call at 90 days, you won't get in.

Love of Disney
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Last July when we were at Disney, we changed our reservations twice at Guest Services in the park and we were able to get in where we wanted at reasonable times. Of course there is the chance you won't get what you want.
:cool:

Love of Disney
03-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I called today at 1:57pm and got through at 1:59pm. Hopefully the long wait times are far and few between.
:cool:

disneyers
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM
I called Tuesday morning. Waited 15 minutes, one CM picks up. She says that since my reservations are after May 25 (the new system cut off) she'll have to transfer me to another rep (must be due to the lack of training of at home CMs????)

Anyway, 1 HOUR and 20 minutes later........ I had my ADRs. :( and :party:

Steveo5c
03-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I was worried about the wait times (calling from Canada), but when I called last night at around 8:50pm I was on hold long enough to hear the last half of one song and half of It's a Small World before I got through. I can't believe how loud the music was. To my suprise, I was able to make most of my dining choices for the last week in April. It would be nice to know when the volumes of calls are lower. I assumed that calling at night 10mins before the hour was over would be a quiet time as parents get kids to bed or people watch the end of their favourite Reality TV shows. And luckily I was right.

I couldn't get a diner reservation at the Animal Kingdom but thought I would try again closer to my travel date in hopes of a cancellation. Good luck to the rest of you.

Seasonscraps
03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I was worried about the wait times (calling from Canada), but when I called last night at around 8:50pm I was on hold long enough to hear the last half of one song and half of It's a Small World before I got through. I can't believe how loud the music was. To my suprise, I was able to make most of my dining choices for the last week in April. It would be nice to know when the volumes of calls are lower. I assumed that calling at night 10mins before the hour was over would be a quiet time as parents get kids to bed or people watch the end of their favourite Reality TV shows. And luckily I was right.

I couldn't get a diner reservation at the Animal Kingdom but thought I would try again closer to my travel date in hopes of a cancellation. Good luck to the rest of you.

That's great thinking!! :thumbsup:

I am glad you got most of your ADRs! Enjoy your trip.

katzctkpt
03-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I assumed that calling at night 10mins before the hour was over would be a quiet time as parents get kids to bed or people watch the end of their favourite Reality TV shows. And luckily I was right.

Not so lucky here. I called at 8:45 p.m. this past Sunday night and it still took 1 hr and 10 min. to make a reservation at CM's.