PDA

View Full Version : August trip!?

disneycutie165
03-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I just gave in yesterday. For the past couple months my mom has been trying to get me to stay @ Pop Century because its cheaper and we won't have to wait long. But I've been stubborn saying that the Pop is tacky, I want to stay "home" (Wilderness lodge), it's further away from MK and we're not taking a plane (one of my favorite parts). But yesterday I caved in and said Pop was fine. So we're probably going again in August! SO EXCITED!!!! Hope I still have fun even if we're not taking a plane and staying at the WL.

CanadianWDWFan
03-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Good for you! You will like the POP I am sure. While it is no WL it does have its merits.

We try to go in July/August. This year we are at the end of August, which is a first for us. Also we usually drive down as for us driving is part of the adventure!

timbeccaf
03-01-2009, 11:51 AM
You know what.. I am usually a Deluxe resort girl. This past January, I had a chance to go to Disney for a long weekend and we stayed at POP for the first time. I had absolutely no problem with it and I actually liked it! I thought the food court was great, the bus service was quicker than any Deluxe I have stayed at..I never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus and the rooms were small, but perfectly fine. We are now going to take this trip every year in January and we are staying at POP! We only paid $64 a night..so our 4 nights there was cheaper than one night at the Beach Club! Will I stay there evrytime I go?...No, I am too spoiled, but for the price it cannot be beat!

faline
03-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I've stayed at all different levels at Disney. I'm sure you'll find that Pop is just fine! Congrats on your August trip!

pdrlkr
03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
We have stayed a POP before. The important thing is that you will be at WDW! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-02-2009, 05:06 PM
:congrats:

Have a GREAT trip :wave:

sisterdisco
03-02-2009, 05:44 PM
You made a SMART choice given the current economy!
Pick your favorite decade of music and stay there.
I have stayed at both places, and at the WL, you will not hear Disco everytime you open your room!
It's a great way to start your day "roller coaster...of love....ooh, ooh, ooh"