PDA

View Full Version : July crowdes

kwhitt3202
03-01-2009, 09:41 AM
We usually go when school is in and doesnt seem to be crowded. The last two years it seems that many other people have had the same idea and are taking their kids out of school to go. With the economy the way it is What are yalls thoughts on how crowded it will be in the middle of July?

CanadianWDWFan
03-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Most of our summer trips have been the last two weeks in July. We find that we definitely prefer going in July and August. Except for the Halloween season and MNSSHP! But that is another topic. :D While it is HOT and HUMID we always have a good time. As for crowd levels, we find that it changes slightly from year to year but it will be crowded. The most popular rides will have at least an hour wait for sure. So use Fastpass as often as possible.

With the economy being so unpredictable right now, no one can really tell you what the park attendance will be in the summer.

I say go and have a GREAT time!!

Bethanymouse
03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
We always vacation to disney in either July or August. The crowds are plentiful and the rides are packed. It is very hot, and there are always lines for attractions. With that being said, I wouldnt chose any other time to visit WDW. The park hours are extended most nights, and the summer is just so magical there. Take advantage of EMH if you can and plan plan plan. It will be a good time as long as you prepare!

masondoggy
03-02-2009, 07:09 AM
We're going in July also and I'm not counting on the economy affecting the crowds. I called Disney yesterday to adjust our reservation (changed from Contemporary to GF!!!! :cloud9:) and I asked the lady if they were seeing an impact from the economy on the number of reservations coming in and she said no way, they're slammed right now and people are even booking rooms at the rack rate when the discounted rooms are all taken up.

So I'm going with the expectation to deal with crowds. That way there are no surprises or disappointments...although I could be pleasantly surprised that it's not as bad as I was preparing myself for, kwim?

kid@heartforever
03-02-2009, 08:26 AM
The crowds are one thing, but keep in mind the heat and humidity! It really does become a factor if you don't plan for it. Just plan to take it easy during the hottest part of the day. Don't try running from one end of the park to the other during noon heat, it will really take the wind out of your sails!

MistressGracey999
03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think that this promotional "free nights" offer is changing the usual patterns. We are going in December, and I hope they don't extend it past it's current August expiration.

If you've never been to WDW in the summer, please just be prepared. The heat saps your energy, and you can become dehydrated quickly. We had a good time in July (of course!), but we didn't get to experience as much due to crowd size/rest breaks.

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
July is always crowded, but if you know how to manage the crowds, you'll always have a good time. Just don't go to MK on 7/4, oh man is it crowded

JMTStone
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
We went for the end of July one year and it wasn't too crowded. But sheezzzz... was it hot! Fell in love with Bizzard Beach that year!

thrillme
03-03-2009, 02:01 AM
We ususally go in July and I've found it more "manageable" than last Columbus Day week.

The hours at the parks are later...and that works well for us. You get there early to get fast passes then do rides with the least amount of wait times and "single rider" lines.

Toy Story seems to be the only ride with "issues" right now. Their fast passes sell out fast. Make this your first stop.

I'm not sure I truly understand the whole thing with the economy. People are losing their homes, their retirement, can't pay their bills but...Disney seems to be more PACKED than ever.

Love of Disney
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
We always used to go in July, but after our experiences last year with the tours of kids from other countries, we decided not to do that again. We were sick and tired of the noise and rudeness of these kids. I know that can happen at anytime, but from what I have heard from others and some CM, July is the prime time.

jcvalenti
03-05-2009, 01:00 PM
We always used to go in July, but after our experiences last year with the tours of kids from other countries, we decided not to do that again. We were sick and tired of the noise and rudeness of these kids. I know that can happen at anytime, but from what I have heard from others and some CM, July is the prime time.

I've been in July many times for extended visits, and it's always a challenge. In addition to the miserable weather, the crowds (especially on 4th of July) are just insane. We were at Epcot last 4th of July, and it was by far the most crowded I've ever seen it.

And I have to agree with the poster above, the tour groups (especially the Brazilian ones) were just obnoxious. My 8 year old almost got trampled walking through the ropes for Big Thunder by roughly 50 of those kids running and shoving their way through the rope maze at opening. I tried complaining to a CM and all he could do was shrug.

I travel quite a bit all over the world and I always laugh at how many foreigners think Americans are rude travelers. IMHO, they make a much greater effort to fit in and be respectful than what I see from foreign guests at WDW.

masondoggy
03-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Just exactly what time of the month do these Brazilian groups come? I keep seeing it brought up here...it sounds really bad. :( We'll be there the week of the 18th and I hope we miss it. I hate rudeness.

Love of Disney
03-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, I think you will be there. From what I have witnesses and been told my CMs at the hotels, they come and go throughout the month of July. Their well off parents ship them to Florida for a week or two on a tour. I too had the rudeness...you just have to stand your ground!!

Either way, you will have a wonderful Disney trip. They have never spoiled my trip!!
:cool:

KylesMom
03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Just exactly what time of the month do these Brazilian groups come? I keep seeing it brought up here...

We've been to Disney twice in July during the time you are going, and both times we've noticed a pronounced presence of the Brazilian tour groups at the parks. However, we've never seen a huge group like this staying at Wilderness Lodge.

We use this strategy: whatever direction they're going in, we go the opposite way. No way will we let them spoil our trip, but we've also noticed that CMs try to control their "cutting" by not letting them in line until they're all together. They dress alike, in all of the same colors with flags, so they are easy to spot.

We try to get two trips out of our A/Ps, one trip in value season in July when we first activate our passes, and then another trip the next summer in June. While the timing works out well for us, we know that more patience is needed in July.