PDA

View Full Version : cancelled vacation

goofyfan4466
03-01-2009, 08:28 AM
well,my family had to cancel our april vaqcation plans to the world.:( my house is conspiring against us. we need a new heater and a new rear patio door.the heater alone costs 10,000 dollars. i was really looking forward to this trip,especially due to all the stress at work and the economy.we originally did not plan a trip this year due to my contract being up in june. but,the 4 & 3 deal we liked ,so we put down our deposit.the talk at work now is that we may push the contract until next year. which i like ,hoping the economy gets better. now it looks like i won't be going next year either.:mad:.just wanted to vent a little. :-o:-o house.

masondoggy
03-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I know how you feel. We had a trip planned in early february that we had to cancel. It STINKS! What is worse than anything is the disappointment from the kids. :(

We've rescheduled for this summer and the kids don't know it yet but it's still a bummer because we've been waiting a whole year for this and now we have to wait even longer. :mad:

Sorry your trip got rained on....hope you can get it re-scheduled soon!

pdrlkr
03-01-2009, 09:24 AM
So sorry about your trip! :down:

deedeenmickey
03-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip. That stinks. I hope things start looking up soon!

RedSoxFan
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Hope things get better soon.

vizsla
03-01-2009, 03:52 PM
So sorry you have to cancel your trip.

dtootsie42
03-01-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm so very sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I do hope things get better soon and nothing else goes goofy with the house.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I can sympathize! I just replaced my furnace in Nov.
Get multiple quotes before you choose someone to do the work. I usually get 3-4 minimum on anything.
I hope things go smoothly and you can start planning another trip soon.

TheVBs
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm really sorry about your trip. :( That is heartbreaking.

Tink#64
03-02-2009, 12:47 AM
:(I feel your pain, I just cancelled our trip that was scheduled for June! Luckily, we hadn't told the DS's because we knew it was pretty iffy - our going or not! But after filing our tax return and now needing to replace part of our roof after the all the strong winds here in KY lately, and lots of other weird things, WDW is just out of the question the year! Luckily we did go last year, so that'll just have to hold us and hopefully we can plan for next year! It was heart breaking for me to make that call & cancel, even cancelling my adr's I'd already set up for CM's was sad. :( We're going to Myrtle Beach this summer & there we'll only spend about 1/2 of what we would for WDW. I think it's happening to more people than we know. Maybe you find some comfort in knowing that you're not alone. For now we can get our Disney fix on here! :rocks:

BugeyedMuggy
03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry about your trip.:(

Make sure you keep the reciepts for the door and the heater. You will get tax breaks for them if they are energy efficient, which just about all of them are now. I think you can also get a break on the interest if you have to borrow money to pay for them.

You can use the money you save to start a Disney trip fund!;)

Hull-onian
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry about your trip. I had to do the same. But it all worked out in the end. We also had to replace our boiler, it was about $7,000. Not cheap. But it works great.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-02-2009, 01:47 PM
WOW! You guys north of the Mason-Dixon have some really expensive furnaces!

faline
03-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Sorry to hear you need to cancel!

PetefromRI
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
That's a bummer but your not alone.It's been a rough year for everyone.We're going in May but that's all it would take for us to cancel.The taxes didn't seem to work out to well this year so we're just hanging by a thread.Stay on the boards and take mini vacation here.Good Luck to you and I'll pray that you guys make it there somehow.

LudwigVonDrake
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip :(

Mickey91
03-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Man!! I hate it when the house conspires!!:mad:

I am really sorry about your trip. I feel your pain.:(