PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing dinner place around the Boardwalk?!?!

Love of Disney
02-28-2009, 11:53 PM
We wanted to try a dinner at either the Boardwalk or one of the hotels around the lake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch...
:cool:

CaptSmee
03-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Well... I can't say much for the Boardwalk. We had breakfast at Spoodles and it was some of the worst service we've encountered at WDW. ESPN club has been packed to the hilt the 2 time's we've tried to eat there. It's also hard to get into Big River Grille & Brewing Works without ADR's or a long wait because it is very small.

As for the surrounding resorts, we enjoy Beaches & Cream very much but it's simple greasy food. If you like seafood, Cape May Cafe's buffet is excellent. If your looking for more upscale Yachtsman Steakhouse was one of the best (and priciest!) meals we had at WDW!

Crow
03-01-2009, 12:54 AM
well wo going into Epcot
Flying Fish or Spoodles. FF Ive eaten at twice & liked. Spoodles once & liked. FF is great for fish.
Kimonos is great for sushi.

Maleficent's Dad
03-01-2009, 07:15 AM
You're surrounded by a plethora of choices while at the Boardwalk area.

Finer dining choices include the aforementioned FF, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, as well as Todd English's bluezoo and Shula's Steakhouse(Dolpin), and Il Mulino (Swan).

Buffet at Cape May (BC) is generally a "safe bet" as is the Captain's Grille at the YC.

Spoodles and Big River were once upon a time staples in my family, but have been deemed "unsafe" (read: spotty service/food) by us.

ESPN is sport's bar food - everyone loves it once in a while! ;)

If none of these appeal to you, head to EPCOT's WS. Plenty of options right there!

IamBelle
03-01-2009, 08:36 AM
For dinner, definitely go to Spoodles, the food is great! I went there for the first time on my last trip, and it was fantastic! I am definitely returning there again! The food and atmosphere is fantastic.

chrisie703
03-01-2009, 10:41 AM
We like the flatbreads at spoodles, but were not thrilled with our dinners the last time we ate there. I really like the buffet at Cape May's Cafe, they have great clam chowder, and steamed clams and mussels. They also have meats, salads and veggies, but I pretty much just filled up on clams!!

ElenitaB
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Some of the places we've enjoyed in the area are: Spoodles (for breakfast), Cape May (for breakfast and lunch), Beaches and Cream (for dinner). Places we haven't liked: Spoodles Pizza Window and Big River Grille. Places we want to try: Captain's Grille, Blue Zoo, Yachtsman's Steakhouse and Fresh.

Note the following (this is for the OP who is travelling just at this time):

Spoodle Re-Tooling

2/17/09 The Spoodles restaurant at Disney's Boardwalk will be implementing reduced operations from May 11- 29, 2009 due to kitchen renovations. During this time period, the location will offer breakfast from a limited menu and will be closed for dinner. The Boardwalk Pizza Window attached to the restaurant will continue normal operation during the renovations.
Quoted from Figment!'s updates (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=149854) over at News, Rumors & Imagineering.

PetefromRI
03-01-2009, 10:49 AM
We loved the Flying Fish,the food and decor was awesome and the service was perfect.Spoodles is a good Meditteranean choice and ESPN is a pretty good lunch spot.We also enjoy the Cape May at the BC.

jcvalenti
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
I love Spoodles for breakfast, but not for dinner (the hand pressed coffee is outstanding).

For dinner, I really enjoy Il Mulino at the Swan. Great Italian in a modern Manhattan restaurant style. Great service both times I've been there, and a terrific Italian wine list.

Luv Eeyore
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Cape May Cafe - it is a must do for us even when we are not staying at the BC.

dixielandings
03-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Cape May Clam Bake is great but be prepared to eat a LOT of food.
We tried Spoodles last fall (first time) and really liked it - we had really good service.

For the record, the food at Flying Fish was quite good, as I recall, but it's pretty expensive and for that money, I'd rather go to California Grill or Jiko.

RedSoxFan
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
We've eaten at Big River Grille and ESPN. We enjoy both and would go back.

crazygoalie39
03-01-2009, 06:21 PM
We love the ESPN Club and Beaches and Cream. Great atmosphere at both places. The food is very basic, but that's what we like. :mickey:

Cheloconnell
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
We totally disliked Big River Grille. The food was terrible :sick: We went to Captain's Grill in February and enjoyed it. Not the best, but definitely better than mediocre. :mickey:

spoiledraf
03-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Big River Grille is not on the Dining Plan either. Maybe it shouldn't even be on Disney property. :ack:

prttynpnk
03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
We did Spoodles in December and are now big fans. We also love Cape May cafe- because we do love to eat big!

brownie
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
We've had dinner at Spoodles and enjoyed it. The food and service were good.

Love of Disney
03-03-2009, 09:12 PM
WOW...thank you to everyone for all of your advice!!!
:cool:

BMan62
03-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Another vote for Flying Fish! Food is excellent and atmosphere is great. Can be a little on the noisy side, but well worth the trip.

We've been to Spoodles as well, but wasn't as impressed with the food as FF. Service in both restaurants is A++ though.

Disney_Barbie
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
If you're not on the dining plan, or don't mind eating a meal off the dining plan we HIGHLY recommend the eateries @ the Swan & Dolphin. We LOVE Fresh, Todd English, Kimono's & Il Mulino

MOJoe
03-04-2009, 11:37 AM
You're surrounded by a plethora of choices while at the Boardwalk area.

Really! Which places should we Not try might be an easier question!

jcvalenti
03-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Here's a vote for Il Mulino. One of my favorite places, hands down, in all of WDW. Great atmosphere, great food and a terrific (if 'agressively price') wine menu.

I also like Spoodles for breakfast, although I don't much care for it's dinner options.

jakeybake
03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Spoodles is fantastic. One of our top places to dine and a "must do" on every visit.

I would also give high marks to the Cape May Cafe if you would have interest in a buffet/clam bake.

Jay