PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about "baby swap"

the other micki
02-28-2009, 08:21 PM
First, if a child is tall enough to ride, but is still young and just doesn't want to ride, will they let us make the swap? (I doubt my DS6 will brave the T of T).

Also, how does this work exactly? Where do the waiting child and adult(s) wait while the first group rides? When the first group finishes, how does the second adult(s) get on the ride?

TIA!

AXOAlum
02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
They will do rider swap for anyone needing it, so no need to worry about your DS being embarrassed if he isn't anxious to ride ToT! When we went in September, we walked to the attendant at the FP return, and asked them for a rider swap card. They gave us one (similar look to a FP) - I waited with DD while DH took DS to ride (utilizing the standby line). After they got off, I took DS to ride again, while DH kept DD. When returning for the second ride (the swap ride) use the FP entrance. (At least this is what we were told to do in September.)

The benefit is definitely for the riding child(ren) since they get to ride twice :mickey:

WDWdriver
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
First, if a child is tall enough to ride, but is still young and just doesn't want to ride, will they let us make the swap? (I doubt my DS6 will brave the T of T).
Yes.

Also, how does this work exactly? Where do the waiting child and adult(s) wait while the first group rides? When the first group finishes, how does the second adult(s) get on the ride?

The procedure is not the same for every attraction. Sometimes the second adult rider waits in the ride loading area, other times they must wait at the ride entrance. You should always ask a CM at the ride entrance for instructions.

the other micki
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the info.! :thumbsup:

disneymama09
03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
When my husband asks for the "Swap" Pass I am usually at a picnic table or somewhere inside or shaded area. All you have to do is ask the CM, they will give you one or direct you to someone who has them. They are wonderful passes, way better than fastpass, as with some rides you go to the exit to board. This is a must do, save time, don't let any of the adults feel left out of riding something because of wait time. Don't feel embarassed at all, Disney has offered this to help you!:mickey:

the other micki
03-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Another question...if I wait with my DS 6 while the rest of our party rides the attraction, when it's "my turn", will they only let one other person come with me? What if my DD 14 and my DS 8 both want to ride again? Will they allow them both back on the ride with me?

wdwfansince75
03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Another question...if I wait with my DS 6 while the rest of our party rides the attraction, when it's "my turn", will they only let one other person come with me? What if my DD 14 and my DS 8 both want to ride again? Will they allow them both back on the ride with me?

Yes....Up to four riders each time.....And in our family, a standing rule is that since I am the fourfather, I get to go each time.

the other micki
03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
And in our family, a standing rule is that since I am the fourfather, I get to go each time. :funny:

Somehow that just doesn't seem fair! :D

WDWdriver
03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
A slight correction please. The Rider Switch Pass (or baby swap pass) is good for three people on the second ride. However, most CMs will bend the rules a bit so you don't have to make a difficult family choice about who gets to ride twice and who doesn't.

AXOAlum
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
A slight correction please. The Rider Switch Pass (or baby swap pass) is good for three people on the second ride. However, most CMs will bend the rules a bit so you don't have to make a difficult family choice about who gets to ride twice and who doesn't.

Most will, but we had Grumpy working at Soarin' on our trip in September. DH had ridden with DS 6yo and our two neighbor's children (ages 5 and 10) - we swapped after, and the CM actually stood there and told me to choose which child would NOT get to ride. She was totally serious and not even playing. She said it was only for three people TOTAL (which would have been me plus two kids leaving a third child out, and since the oldest was 10, I was not letting them ride without an adult). What made it worse was that this was the last ride of the trip. We were leaving Epcot and heading back home! Anyways, apparently another CM heard the exchange (no, I wasn't loud or rude - just mystified at her attitude) and came rushing over to the rescue allowing us all to ride, much to the eye-rolling of the first CM.

I chalked it up to a bad day or her not understanding the policy since we hadn't had a problem for the rest of the trip with swapping.