PDA

View Full Version : kids meal portion size

disneynarula
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Any comments on the portion size for the kid's meals? I am trying to decide if I need to budget for two kids meals or if the kids can share. We have two boys with moderate appetites. DH, MIL, DS (5) and I are all on the DDP. Do you think there will be enough food to go around? We have another DS (2) who is not on the DDP.

disney323
02-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I would think that most of the meals are a generous size for kids. My wife sometimes gets a kids meal to eat for herself. Some of the meals will only serve one, especially if one kid loves it. The sandwich is only good for 1 kid, but they do give grapes and a snack with only one drink that can be shared with another kid.

I would figure on paying for food more than half of the time just to be safe.

princessesmom
02-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Depending on how much your children eat, I don't think you'll need to order much extra food. At buffets and family style TS restaurants, the 2 yo will get food. At the others I think between the adult's meals and the one child's meal there will probably be plenty. My DD 4 never eats anywhere near an entire meal, either CS or TS.

kathiep
02-28-2009, 06:15 PM
When my DD was under 3, the only extra we ever purchased for her was drinks. She always shared with her brother and/or sampled from DH's or my plates. There was always plenty to go around. We also tried to do several buffets so that she could get her own plate.

eeyoremom
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Another suggestion, you can get sides at almost all restaurants, including counter service. We often have ordered a side of mac and cheese for one of our young grandchildren. It's usually plenty for a 2 or 3 year old. Don't be afraid to ask for any side you might want. They are very accomadating

Tinkerbellaella
03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Most of the time there is enough food for 2 small appetite children to share. My daughter, who is a small eater for a 9 year old, ordered mac n cheese and it wasn't enough for her. They served it in a small serving plastic cup. Not sure if that is normal serving or we just happened to get shorted.

javamama
03-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I think you'll be fine, your in the same boat I'm in. My ds is 5, and dd is 2 so you can't purchase the dining plan for the 2 yo--granted alot would probably go to waste--like many kids meals do but of course there are those few meals that they really eat well. Last year we were fine with her not on the meal plan, I usually split my meal with her, or ds shared with her. My ds is very picky at times, my dd is a great eater so it's hard to judge for me. At our TS meals I made sure they had enough, and since we are in the conceirge level they had a great start w/breakfast everyday. Buffets are always a great choice!