PDA

View Full Version : Dropping someone off at TTC

emfleck
02-28-2009, 02:09 PM
I have an unusual question I'm hoping someone will have an answer for. My aunt is going to be going to Magic Kingdom for a day next week. I will need to drop her off but am not going with her. Do you still need to pay the parking fee just to drop her off at the TTC?

Thank you all in advance for any input you can give me.

DisneyPrincess21
02-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, You have to pay for parking. You pass through the parking gate before you get to ttc and you will have to purchase a parking pass unless you are staying on Disney property. Then you would be able to get into the parking lot for free. Other than that I doubt they will let you drop her off without paying for a parking ticket.

Seasonscraps
02-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Is it against the rules to drop her off at a resort where she can get a bus, boat or monorail to the MK?

WDWFanatic
02-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Back a couple of years ago my FIL dropped us off at TTC and they did not charge him for parking, we've also been dropped off at the GF and CR without a problem or been charged for parking. I would suggest droppping off at one of the resorts.

WDWdriver
02-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, you can drop someone off without paying for parking. Approach the toll plaza in one of the right hand lanes and tell the attendant you are doing a drop off. He will let you proceed.

You do not enter the parking lot ahead and to the left. Instead you go straight through the intersection ahead and on to the traffic light about a quarter of a mile ahead. Turn left at the light. You will be traveling west between the big parking lot on your left and the TTC on your right. As you pass the TTC look for the drop off area on the right.

After you do the drop off, do not go back the way you came. Continue west and turn left at the next intersection. You will soon be past the toll plaza and back out on the main road

CaptSmee
03-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, You have to pay for parking.

Not true...we've been dropped off, and dropped people off several times. Just follow WDWDriver's advice!

emfleck
03-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Thank you everyone! I knew I could get a reliable answer here! :rocks:

dumbo ears
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM
ya we did this last april and didn't have to pay but make sure to let the CM know

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes, you can drop someone off without paying for parking. Approach the toll plaza in one of the right hand lanes and tell the attendant you are doing a drop off. He will let you proceed.

You do not enter the parking lot ahead and to the left. Instead you go straight through the intersection ahead and on to the traffic light about a quarter of a mile ahead. Turn left at the light. You will be traveling west between the big parking lot on your left and the TTC on your right. As you pass the TTC look for the drop off area on the right.

After you do the drop off, do not go back the way you came. Continue west and turn left at the next intersection. You will soon be past the toll plaza and back out on the main road

Exactly right. You DO NOT have to pay EVER if you are going to a resort to visit or to drop off or pick some one up at TTC.