PDA

View Full Version : Great news!!!!!

Kennywife
02-28-2009, 09:07 AM
:yay:

My hubby and I have been discussing the "baby" question. I went to the doc not long ago and had a full workup. I also requested a check to see if the Epileptic gene is in my body.

Got the results back:
no high blood pressure
no high cholesterol/triglycerides, etc.
nutrient levels good
no risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes and...........................................

No Epileptic Gene found. :joy::crying:

Kenny had one too and his was normal as well, but his triglycerides are up. (Been telling him to watch the fast food). :nono:

Just wanted to share!

Anna

Tinkerfreak
02-28-2009, 09:19 AM
That is great news! Now you get started on another Disney fan.:)

DixieBelle
02-28-2009, 09:41 AM
That's wonderful news! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
02-28-2009, 10:23 AM
How wonderful!! My DW has epilepsy, and we can not have a baby right now becuase of the meds she is on. They are working to remove her from these more dangerous drugs so we can. I wish you all the best:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
02-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Congrats!!:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
02-28-2009, 10:47 AM
That is great news. Congrats:thumbsup:

drummerboy
02-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Good news. :thumbsup: Was your epilepsy brought on maybe by a head trauma rather than anything genetic?

beksy
02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Congratulations! I can't have kids and am always happy to hear when it is going to work out for someone else.

pdrlkr
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Great news! :thumbsup:

Kennywife
03-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Good news. :thumbsup: Was your epilepsy brought on maybe by a head trauma rather than anything genetic?

When my mom was pregnant with me, her kidneys (she has a kidney disorder) gave her trouble and she nearly lost me two months early. She was taken to the hospital (put on bed rest for a while) and my heart went into distress. They had to take me by cescarian and I may have gulped too much air on my first breath. That and the fact my doc says I was beginning to suffocate inside of her.

Anna

Kennywife
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
And what a great b-day present (this news) too! I turn 32 next month! (Apr. 6) :joy:

Anna

Kennywife
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
How wonderful!! My DW has epilepsy, and we can not have a baby right now becuase of the meds she is on. They are working to remove her from these more dangerous drugs so we can. I wish you all the best:thumbsup:

What meds is she on? They took me off of Carbatrol for that reason. Put me on Lamictal and Topamax. Much better for a baby my doc says.

ibrowse17
03-01-2009, 09:52 PM
She is on Trileptol(?) and Felbatol. She also has a VNS. They are working to get her off these, but they have been the only ones that have really worked for her. Our fingers are crossed... Good luck to you:thumbsup:

PS- I see you were on your honeymoon at DL while we were on ours at WDW. Cool!