PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Questions

Momto3littlemice
02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi all,
We are heading down with a group of 10 (6 adults, 2 children, 2 babies) for the last week in April. We have done this time frame before but I have two questions for you.

First, in animal kingdom, how long do you need to wait in advance of the Lion King show and the Nemo Musical to get seats (perhaps not last row, but something reasonable, doesn't have to be the best either). The babies are going to be tough to keep in any line for a long time. We are not going in Easter madness, but it was fairly crowded last week in April when we were there in 07.

Second, what are the fastpass rules (for AK or any park really) right now? Once I am issued a fastpass, do I have to wait until using it (or its window opens) to get a second, or is there some standard amount of time before a second can be issued? We plan our itinerary down to the ride order so this is pretty important!

Thanks!:mickey:

CleveRocks
02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
what are the fastpass rules (for AK or any park really) right now? Once I am issued a fastpass, do I have to wait until using it (or its window opens) to get a second, or is there some standard amount of time before a second can be issued? We plan our itinerary down to the ride order so this is pretty important!

Thanks!:mickey:FASTPASS rules haven't changed recently. It'll be printed on the bottom of the FP when you can get a new one. There is no standard amount of time. You can get a new one as early as when the current FP window opens or as late as 2 hours after you got the current one, whichever is sooner. Before you get the FP, there's no way of knowing when you will be able to get a new one.

One thing that's pretty standard, however, is that you can use a FP even after the closing of the stated window, as long as it's same-day.

CaptSmee
02-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd arrive at the shows a 1/2 hour before showtime. They begin seating shortly after so the kiddies shouldn't be restless for too long...

MOJoe
02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
The Nemo show is very, very good. Most show will end up being standing room only and the wait times can be over 45 minutes. However, if you can try to see the first show of the day, the wait is not as bad and it is not as hard to get a good seat.

sisterdisco
02-28-2009, 07:57 PM
We went last week of August (relatively uncrowded). We got to NEMO 1st show right when it was starting and it was FULL!. I was shocked. We went back at CM's advice 30" prior to thr 2nd show and got ok seats. The closer seats were all full. What I realized was that everyone w/ little kids were doing that first off......those people weren't running to EE!!
Haven't been to Lion King in a long time, so can't comment on that.
FYI--We never got into Voyage of the little Mermaid--each time the line was really short, then the FP people came thru and filled up the theatre!

dixielandings
03-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Nemo is definitely harder to get into than Lion King, even though they're both great. I'd go at least 30 minutes before showtime for Nemo. I think the seats in the back half of the theatre are actually better than the "orchestra" seats. You'll get a better view of the whole stage and also the action that takes place within the audience.

NOTE: the queue area for the theatre is almost entirely in the direct sun. Keep this in mind and maybe have a couple of people walking the babies around DinoLand or something until closer to showtime, while the rest of your party waits in line. Make sure this is ok w/ CMs and DON'T have one person hold the whole family's place in line.

Sorry - I was soapboxing it for a minute...

EmmMOM2
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
We went to BOTH shows and they were both good, though i liked Nemo a tad better.
We stood in line about 30 min early (the line was in the shade so it was nice) and we used that time to give the kids their snacks while waiting in line and before we knew it the doors opened and we were about the 10th family in their.
All the seats are good so dont worry about getting bad ones.
Also we did go to the first showing after the park opened, but perhaps the afternoon ones fill up more.

AXOAlum
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Remember that FotLK is very loud, no matter where you sit. This may factor in for your trip depending on how tolerant the babies are for noise.

We sat 2/3 way back for Nemo, and still could see everything and found it to be very enjoyable. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house.

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 12:53 PM
NOTE: the queue area for the theatre is almost entirely in the direct sun. Keep this in mind and maybe have a couple of people walking the babies around DinoLand or something until closer to showtime, while the rest of your party waits in line. Make sure this is ok w/ CMs and DON'T have one person hold the whole family's place in line.

very good point. It is very very hot in AK, and standing in the sun can be miserable, so make sure have shade and water

crazygoalie39
03-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I would say about 45 minutes before Nemo and 30 before the Lion King. Nemo is pretty hard to get a good seat because they don't let you seat yourselves.
FP's haven't changed there's a time that you can come back to the attraction. When it reaches this time you will be able to get another FP.