PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP, strollers, and 1st haircuts

IloveJack
02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
When do tickets go on sale for MNSSHP? And what is the likelihood that it will happen at least one night during Sept. 27- Oct. 1? My DH and I are taking our DD, who'll be turning 1 on the trip, :party: and DH really wants to go to the party. Can 1-year olds be involved in the party, or is it really for older kids? How much do the tickets usually cost?

Also, provided that her hair is long enough to cut at the time, I'd like to get her first haircut at the MK barbershop. Do they do "girlie" cuts? How much does it cost? Isn't a pair of ears involved? We plan to go to MK on two different days, and I'd like to do breakfast at CRT on her b-day. Should we do the haircut the same day (I've read all the warnings about getting there early) or the other day?

Is stroller rental still free for Disney card holders? How likely is a 1-year old to nap in a "foreign" stroller?

Strmchsr
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
MNSSHP tickets usually go on sale around the first of May, which is also when they release the schedule. Given past history I'd say it's a good chance for a party to occur during those dates, but given the current economy it's impossible to say if WDW will cut back the number of parties or not. If they keep the previous schedule, though, you'll definitely be able to go.

As for a 1 yr old, sure. For pretty much anything you do the 1 yr old couldn't care less. They just go with the flow, so it's more for the parents than for the kids. I'm sure your daughter would be interested in looking at all the sights, but whether it's worth the money or not is your decision (check Info Central for last year's prices). The big deal, though, with the MNSSHP are the parade and fireworks. Not sure a 1 yr old would care much about either of those two. The trick-or-treating and dress up, though, anyone can do.

Not sure about your other questions. I'm sure someone else will know soon.

mudpuppysmom
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
I can answer your question about the haircut. I got my DS#2 his first in December. If I remember correctly it was $17 and did include a pair of "First Haircut" ears, a lock of hair wrapped up and sealed with a Mickey sticker and a certificate commerating the occasion. We waited a good bit though, so get in line when it is short or hopefully nonexistent (does that ever happen?). Michal cut DS's hair and he did a wonderful job of keeping him busy.....they plaster the kid in Mickey stickers to keep them busy!

As for the stroller -- I'd take my own -- it's just my preference, but I can't imagine them being very comfy for a 1 yr. old and I'd say if your child naps in your stroller then they already are comfy with that one and will also nap while you are in WDW.

disneymama09
02-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I highly recommend you bring your own stroller, those ones at disney are not friendly to kids under 2 for napping.:mickey:

tinksmom02
02-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I believe that the strollers are only free to cardholders at Disneyland, not WDW. Given the price of a rental, and the fact that you would only have the rental while in that park, I would suggest bringing your own.

s&k'smom
03-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Funny you mention MNSSHP I'm trying to shape up our plans for October and I need the dates of the party to figure out where to have dinne some nights. Looking forward to it.

Mousefan29
03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
We did first haircut for DS#2 about 2 years ago. We went right to the barbershop when the park opened and only waited for 1 customer. Penny cut his hair and did a great job! We got a certificate, a pair of "My First Haircut" mouse ears, "Pixie Dust," and the lock of hair in tissue. It was definitely worth it!