PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Belle steamboat worth the time?

PlutoPlanet
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
We've been to the World 8 times. Never done the Liberty Belle steamboat ride. Would you recommend trying that?
Thanks.

alliekat
02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
It's a quiet ride, it gives you a unique view of the surrounding attractions. It was closed last week when we visited so keep on a eye on the refurbishment schedule. I think that you should try everything at least once, enjoy!

Princess'Mom
02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
It's a quiet ride, it gives you a unique view of the surrounding attractions. It was closed last week when we visited so keep on a eye on the refurbishment schedule. I think that you should try everything at least once, enjoy!

I concur! It is definitely something you should try at least once!

joonyer
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
It's certainly not a thrill ride, but everything at MK is worth experiencing at least once. It's relaxing, interesting and enjoyable.

You should visit Tom Sawyer's Island also. DW & I love to relax in the rockers at Aunt Polly's Porch while our boys explore the island.

Marker
02-27-2009, 01:36 PM
This is an attraction that is really going to be a matter of personal preference. Some will say it's slow, boring, and a total waist of time. But you'll NEVER hear me say that. I love this attraction. It is an enchanting voyage. Stepping back in time for a moment to time when lifes pace was not so rushed. As you journey along the Rivers of America, you leave the congestion behind and enter a world where the dense population is that of trees instead of people. You can choose to sit back and relax for a few minutes, or stand by the rail and watch the water slide by.

Thumbs up from me!!!!

Stu29573
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I like it. It's relaxing and soothing to the soul. Now for a funny Libery Belle story, I was riding it one moring and an alligator swam along beside us. A woman next to me asked her husband if it was real and he said "Of course not, this is Disney!" :D When we got off I told the CM at the dock and he said he would call animal control...:thumbsup:

Charlee
02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I agree with the other posters, the Liberty Belle is worth the time as its nice to just sit and enjoy the ride round, watch the scenery and people frantically walking to get to "big" attractions!

It's also great if your legs are getting tired and you can get a seat and chill out for at least a short while!

And its always worth trying something you haven't done before every trip - this year I plan on doing the Astro Orbitors!

kakn7294
02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I've always enjoyed it. It's a nice way to get away from the crowds for a bit. There's not always a lot to see but it can be entertaining - I spend my time looking for gators and have never seen any. I recommend trying it at least once. You'll never know how you really feel about it until you do!

goofyfan4466
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
ditto,ditto,ditto. this ride although not a thrill ride is a very good way to see the world. it is also very relaxing and a good place to just chill out after rushing / running around the world. it takes you back to a much slower time. enjoy!

GrmGrninGost
02-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Liberty Belle is one of the more laid back and relaxing attractions at WDW. For me, it's a "can't miss" attraction! We do it at least once a trip, and often more than once!

Maleficent_vf
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I like it. As others have said, it's a relaxing ride. I've gotten some great pictures of the surrounding areas from a perspective that wouldn't be possible on land.

beksy
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
For us it is not a must-do but we enjoy doing once a trip if we have time or are in the mood for it when we are near. Of course I really want to see a gator at Disney (I'm strange, I know!) so maybe we'll give it a shot this trip so I can keep looking!

kemps@wdw
02-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Most definitely! You'll get a wonderfully relaxing journey on the River of America and see MK from a completely different vantage point. Makes for some GREAT photo opps!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I like it as well.

kathiep
02-28-2009, 08:14 AM
There are very few things left that we haven't done. Thanks for all the positive comments - looks like this year it will be the steamboat.

dream6
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
I've never done this before either, even though I've been to the World many times. But you have all convinced me to give it a try this time around! Thanks!

mudpuppysmom
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I will say I do like it and I don't like it.

I do like it for the fact that when your child needs to just mellow out and chill it is a great distraction for them. There is so much stimulation during the day there and the boat ride is just nice and relaxing and takes about 40 minutes (am I right?).

I don't particularly like it b/c I am a park commando (so is DS#1), but I have to remember that he is just little and he can not go like the Energizer Bunny all day like an adult can (he gives it a great try though and does succeed most of the time!! At the end of the day though he is usually begging to go back to the hotel, so that is a bit too ragged for me!).

Another nice relaxing thing we do is walk thru the rose garden next to the castle -- we all enjoy that! And we stop and smell the roses too!!

Stu29573
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
There is so much stimulation during the day there and the boat ride is just nice and relaxing and takes about 40 minutes (am I right?).

Actually, it's about 17 minutes, but having been in "park commando mode" before, I can see how that would seem like 40!:mickey:

cgriff
03-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I like the Liberty Belle. :sail:

It's the only way left to see the no-longer-burning Burning Settler's Cabin on the north end of Tom Sawyer's Island (in "hostile injun territory"). It also allows great views of BTMRR and of the Northwest side of the Haunted Mansion ediface (the side behind the cemetary). It's nice to just sit back and relax and listen to the HM wolves howling in the distance as you chug-chug-chug along the RoA.

:thumbsup:

DawsonAR
03-03-2009, 12:33 PM
This is not a must do for us, but something we do when we have extra time or just want to relax for a few minutes. We do enjoy it a lot.

dteed
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
sure it is, explore the boat, see the different views, just kick back and enjoy.

Hayden's Dad
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
We rode it for the first time this past weekend and really enjoyed it. It gave us a new perspective on the park and was very relaxing. I don't know that I would do it everytime, but once in a while we would. :mickey:

GINNY69
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
We gone to disney so many times over the years that last year was our first time going on the steamboat. It was fun its a slow going ride but at least you get a break from the hussle and bundle of the crowds. I say go and give it a try.

Mickey91
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Definitely worth it.:mickey:

PeterPan
03-03-2009, 09:50 PM
It is a classic! Yes, it is laid back, slow, relaxing. And truly, you get a whole new perspective on the park. GREAT views of BTMR and The Haunted Mansion.

MMFreak
03-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I love this boat. Although not thrilling it is a great way to take a relaxing break during the day.

brownie
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
I can't remember riding the Liberty Belle, but we might have on our first trip. We did ride the Mark Twain at Disneyland and it was an enjoyable ride. There were some interesting things to see, although I wish there had been more seating on the boat.

dumbo ears
03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I rode it last April and I liked it. It wasn't phenominal but its a neat thing to do when crowds are at their worst

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2009, 09:27 PM
My sister & I kept trying to get on it last Sept but kept timing it wrong. We never got on it. I've ridden it before and it's nice & relaxing. I think it runs about every 1/2 hour.