PDA

View Full Version : Watching Illuminations from Tokyo Dining

MelanieMoeller
02-27-2009, 10:05 AM
For our trip in March, we have ADR's at the Rose and Crown Pub and Tokyo Dining on the same night - during Illuminations. I would prefer to eat at TD but I'm concerned about how well you can see Illuminations from their dining room. Has anyone watched Ill from TD? How well do you see the show from their dining room? Or would you go to Rose and Crown to watch them?

Thanks!

greengeen
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
You shouldn't be holding 2 reservations for dinner on the same night, that's just wrong. Pick one and cancel.

Michigander
02-27-2009, 11:05 AM
I hate to say it but I much prefer to eat my dinner and watch the show from the side area by R&C and the dinner is from the fish stand out front of R&C. The time we went to R&C we got there and we were seated inside because the tables outside were not empty even though when we called to make resies. We were told we would be able to view the show while having dinner. What they ment was we'll take you outside to the railing and you can stand for the show and when the shows over you can go back in and finish your meal. Problem was we ordered the show started we came back and our food was on the table and it was already cooling to the point of not being very good. As a side bar I'll tell you that the fish wasn't cooked well and one dinner was sent back because when my sister cut into her fish it was still raw on the inside. We had better fish from the stand out front and we sat down by the water to the side of R&C we saw the show and had a great time. Granted we had to eat off paperplates but it was still much better then the time we ate inside, and it saved us enough so we could have a dinner at another park later in the week.

MelanieMoeller
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I plan to cancel 1 TODAY. I just got the reservation after finding out you could view Illuninations from TD. I just would like to know which one to cancel which is why I posted this question.

joonyer
02-27-2009, 12:48 PM
To reallly get a good view of Illuminations from the Japan pavilion you'll need to go outside onto the 2nd floor balcony/porch, which you can do without losing your seats/table if you are not finished with your meal. You'll have a good view from there, but it's not near as close to the lagoon as the patio at Rose & Crown.
We have done both, and enjoyed both, but our preference for viewing Illuminations is at R&. For me closer is better.

Hope this helps you decide.

LandFan
02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
To reallly get a good view of Illuminations from the Japan pavilion you'll need to go outside onto the 2nd floor balcony/porch, which you can do without losing your seats/table if you are not finished with your meal. You'll have a good view from there, but it's not near as close to the lagoon as the patio at Rose & Crown.
We have done both, and enjoyed both, but our preference for viewing Illuminations is at R&. For me closer is better.

Hope this helps you decide.

Ditto!

TwinsMom-1st Timer
02-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Can you also go to this second floor balcony if you are eating dinner at Teppan Edo? If so, what time would you make your ADR? We will be there at the beginning of June. THANKS!

Crow
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
my preference is TD. Ive seen it from there and outside on the balcony. atmosphere is better there for me.

joonyer
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Can you also go to this second floor balcony if you are eating dinner at Teppan Edo? If so, what time would you make your ADR? We will be there at the beginning of June. THANKS!

Yes, you can.

I'd shoot for a 7:00 - 7:30 ADR. With any luck, you'll probably be finished with you dinner about the time Illuminations starts (9pm) and you can walk right out and watch.

Yvette
02-28-2009, 09:37 AM
:secret: Ssshhhhhh.....don't let the secret out!

TwinsMom-1st Timer
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
My lips are sealed! Thanks for the great tip! :secret: