PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Dining Plan VS. Out of Pocket

Iluvpooh
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi-I now there have been a few threads lately about the quick service dining plan and if it was worth the money. As a few of you may know, I just returned from WDW and I was on the Quick Service Plan. However, I did not pay for this trip or the plan so I did not keep up with the cost comparison.

Luckily for me-One of my best Disney Buds just got back and he and his wife did not use the plan and were nice enough to keep and total up thier reciepts for me so I could compare and decide if I wanted to do the plan for my trip in December (that I am paying for:()

Assuming that they did not go out of thier way to get as much food as the plan offers (ie.. desserts from the counter service places)

Here is a dollar for dollar break down of 6 days of out of pocket dining vs 6 days of QDP.

Price for 2 adults for 6 days of QSDP- $388
Amount that my friends spent out of pocket on all food purchased INCLUDING resort mugs for 2 people, snacks, cokes, coffee, meals ect..
Him-154.24
Her-108.33
Total- $262.57
A difference of $125 for 2 people for 6 days.

I am sure that there are some people out there who will get every dimes worth of the plan and then some, but it seems to me that for the average adult paying out of pocket is a much better option.

I know that there it is nice to have your meals pre-paid,but not at an excessive cost of over $100.

Donald
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the break-down of costs. Sometimes I feel that the dining plans offer more food than the typical person eats.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for this information! I didn't think the QSDP was a good value at all but I thought it was better then this. $125 is a lot of money.

DizneyRox
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I figured a wash at best was what the QS dining plan would give. Thanks for proving me right! Well at least in your case.

tjstrike
02-27-2009, 01:57 AM
They must not have ate much, that breaks down to $18.00 a day for her and $25.00 a day for him, way cheaper than I've ever gotten out of there !!

Iluvpooh
02-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I thought about that too. I think I usually spend around $25 a day per per adult.

Lunch at Pecos Bills-
Burger w/ fries- $6.09 add drink $2.09 and tax= $8.91

Pork snadwich w/fries $7.59 add drink $2.09 and tax= $10.55
Total for 2 for lunch= $19.46
2 meals would be around $40 for both a
day.
It leaves a small amount of room for a snack.
Like I said this is what they spent not what everyone will spend.