PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney World Resort Debuts New Online Check-In Service

Figment!
02-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Walt Disney World Resort Debuts New Online Check-In Service

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
February 24, 2009

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney World Resort launched a new Online Check-In Service today, designed to simplify and streamline guest arrivals. The new service is complimentary and available to guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club resorts open as of February 2009.

Within 10 days of their arrival dates, guests are able to provide check-in information, advise the resort of their arrival times and request room preferences (although those cannot be guaranteed). Guests can also register the names of all the people in their party and provide a credit card to cover charges at the resort hotel.

Upon arrival at their resorts, guests visit a special welcome location where their room keys and other registration material are waiting. Disney cast members are also available to provide additional information and answer questions.

Meeting professionals can also arrange private group check-in at a Disney resort convention center or other locations.

“Our new Online Check-In Service offers added convenience and time savings for Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests,” said Kevin Myers, vice president of Resort Operations for Walt Disney World Resort. “It’s the latest benefit created as part of our continuous effort to provide a seamless and hassle-free arrival experience for our guests as they begin their Disney vacation.”

Online Check-In Service is the newest Disney service designed to simplify the travel and arrival process. Guests staying at select Walt Disney World hotels get an extra dose of pixie dust with great perks and services including: Complimentary on-property transportation; Disney’s Magical Express, which offers complimentary airport shuttle and luggage delivery; and Extra Magic Hours, where each day one of the Walt Disney World theme parks opens one hour early or stays open up to three hours later, providing extra time in the parks to experience select attractions.

For more information about the new Online Check-In Service or to make a resort reservation, call 407/W-DISNEY or your local travel agent or visit disneyworld.com.

----------------------------------------------------

See also Disney website now has online check-in prompts (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=150630) where Nanci and the other kind folks at Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) are fielding questions related to this new feature.

readytogo2
02-26-2009, 06:50 PM
DW and i just did our checkin. seemed easy enough.we will see when we get there in 10 days

DizneyFreak2002
02-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I cannot find this on the DVC website... Then again, I am not going until October, so a link to it may not be available to me yet...

AXOAlum
02-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Online Check-In Service is the newest Disney service designed to simplify the travel and arrival process. Guests staying at select Walt Disney World hotels....

Thanks for this info - I'll have to check it out and see if Pop counts as a select hotel. I love Pop, but not having to wait in those check-in lines would be fabulous! :mickey:

disneymom15
02-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Where can I find out which resorts are participating?

eam
02-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Do you have to provide credit card information? For the last few stays at WDW I have used my debit card, so I don't want to give that card and have them hold X amount of money prior to arrival. Other than that, it sounds great.

the other micki
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for this info - I'll have to check it out and see if Pop counts as a select hotel. I love Pop, but not having to wait in those check-in lines would be fabulous! :mickey:

I also hope Pop is included. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

lockedoutlogic
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Do you have to provide credit card information? For the last few stays at WDW I have used my debit card, so I don't want to give that card and have them hold X amount of money prior to arrival. Other than that, it sounds great.

Some friendly advice:

There are a ton of credit errors at WDW daily....i used to correct them....

Never use a debit card....the wheels don't turn fast enough to get you out of trouble if something should arise

readytogo2
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
we are staying at POP and had no problems

KathyMO
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
My DD and her family are staying at POP. She used the online check-in on Wednesday. She just checked in at POP a couple of hours ago. She said it was great. No one else in line just walked up and showed her ID. The cast member gave her the welcome packet and room keys and off she went to her room. Said it took about 5 minutes. She loved it.

Kathy

Crow
02-27-2009, 06:06 PM
sounds good
ill try it in April at POFQ

Disdaddy
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if I can use this for my Fort Wilderness campsite reservation?

andypooh
02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Is there a list of the hotels and DVC resorts that are participating? Will be staying at SSR in May.

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
My sister will be trying this at pop on Saturday, I'll report how it goes.

I think this is a great system though. Some guests can start their vacation off on the wrong foot by having to wait in line for 30 minutes or more just to check in

casey@bat
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
I would also like to know if Fort Wilderness is included.

SteveL
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Is there a list of the hotels and DVC resorts that are participating? Will be staying at SSR in May.

We will be at SSR in May and when I was at mydvc.com last night it appeared that they are participating

kakn7294
03-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I did online check-in for my trip to Pop next week but I don't understand how it's supposed to save me time if I have to pay the balance for my room-only reservation when I get there. There wasn't anywhere on the page to pay the balance although it did offer a phone number to call. I don't antipate any lines at 10 - 11p anyway.

KAJUNKING
03-02-2009, 08:36 PM
i look forward to trying this for our trip in september, although i find the wait to check in at the port is much shorter than pop. it should save some time

jaff87
03-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Can anyone tell me what would happen if you do on line check in and then get to the counter to get your room keys, etc. only to find out you are not happy with the room they assigned. Can you still be able to speak with someone?

Jeany031
03-06-2009, 07:33 PM
I got Confirmation to the POP! Our family can't wait to go! I must show my Id's in the lobby in the POP it is correct!

queen bee
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Has the on line check in created any problems at the resorts? For example, is the advanced check in line typically long? What happens if there are problems identified with your reservation? Are they resolved in a manner to keep the line moving?

We just completed our on line check in for our arrival at AKL on the 14th. I guess we'll find the answers to these questions soon enough.:D

WDW1985
03-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Since when was check-in such a hassle? I can see it saving you time, but I personally have never had an issue checking in and talking to another human being who is trained to check me into the hotel with great WDW customer service.

Whatever...

:confused:
WDW1985

Tink#64
03-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Since when was check-in such a hassle? I can see it saving you time, but I personally have never had an issue checking in and talking to another human being who is trained to check me into the hotel with great WDW customer service.

Whatever...

WDW1985

I completely agree! I've never had a very long wait & have always had fantastic guest service! I'm a little skeptical on this! I'm waiting to hear more feedback from those that experience the need to speak with someone after arrival about their accomdations/tix, etc! Maybe it's a time saver in some instances, but if not, are you back to square one & standing at the back of the regular line? That would be like being in the FP line & then having to go & get in the back of the stand by line! :D

lockedoutlogic
03-10-2009, 12:28 AM

Whatever...

WDW1985

We used to run 2 hour and 15 minute waits at Caribbean Beach consistently on the weekends.....
a daytime checkin was almost always gonna get you at 45 minute or so wait....
other locations have waits exceeding 15-30 minutes as well....though not quite so bad.

There is an advantage to this.....the main being that everything has been done over some sort of high speed network for well over 10 years now.....

This move is a step towards eliminationg half the front end staff at the resorts....make no mistake.....

but there is an upside to this...if it runs smoothly which i would venture it will

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 02:47 PM
We have only had to wait over 5 minutes one time....but that one time was a long wait. I will try this on our upcoming trip.

GrumpyFan
03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
We've waited in line at Pop for almost 45 minutes. Then, we've seen the check-in process itself took 15 minutes or more.

I can see where this will certainly speed up part of the process, but I'm just curious how this works, if you get assigned a room that you don't care for, or need to have changed.

Terk24
03-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Anybody actually have feedback on the process?

wendydarling
03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
I also hope Pop is included. I'm looking forward to trying this out!

we are staying at pop and when i go to our disney vacation link on the website it shows that we can do the online check-in so i am sure you will be able to as well!:mickey:

kakn7294
03-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Anybody actually have feedback on the process?Just used this service last week at Pop. It worked quite well although with a check-in at 1:30a, there was no line at all. We walked up to the counter, explained that I did the online check-in, the CM excused herself for a moment to go to a different area and when she returned, we were handed a packet with our room keys and info. Because I put a credit card on the room when I did the online check-in, the balance was automatically added to that card (it was a room-only ressie) and we had express check-out. The whole process took only a few minutes. I'd definately do it again and hope that it works just as well during the busiest part of the day.

Mousefan29
03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm less than 10 days out for our stay and I can't seem to get the online tool to work! Any suggestions? I called Disney, and they have a special phone line for problems, but the CM told me the only thing I can do is keep trying...