PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Inn

Suz36
02-26-2009, 02:44 PM
For those fans out there, please tell me what you love about the Boardwalk Inn. Thanks!

Seasonscraps
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM

I think it's a beautiful resort with a nice warm weather feel without feeling tropical - that appeals to me for some reason.

I love the pool area - the bartenders are nice, the slide is really long, the pool is pretty spacious.

The location cannot be beat - it's walking distance to 2 parks and 4 other resorts which gives you endless dining options. I like that there's some evening entertainment on the boardwalk and really enjoy going to jelly rolls for a few drinks and live entertainment.

The only things I don't like is that you have to go outside to the gift shop for snacks & beverages and I was never sure where to get mug refills so I just skipped that all together and bought bottles of soda from the Hess Station or the supermarket. The inside lounge does offer a continental breakfast in the mornings.

And bus sharing with the other EPCOT resorts. In fact, a few times the bus driver pulled into the Swan or Dolphin and told BW guests it would be faster for you to walk from here. Not exactly what you want to hear when you are paying to stay at the deluxe level.

azcavalier
02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Absolutely agree. Love the location and the Boardwalk itself, especially the evening entertainment.

The only downside to me is the transportation sharing with some of the other resorts in the same area. I also kind of wish that the ESPN Club were a true ESPN Zone...more games...

We also missed having a place like a small food court where you could go fill up your mugs. But I suppose that when you stay in a deluxe resort, you're not expected to "lower" yourself to a food court.

MickeyMousse
02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
We've stayed at both The Inn and The Villas....it's all about its LOCATION!:thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
We stayed at WL 3 time then moved to the BW the last 5 times. Love it. Obviously. The conenient location to EPCOT and DHS is a huge plus. We also like the Boardwalk at night. It's a great place to hang out with good entertainment. There are lots of places to have dinner, either on the Boardwalk or at EPCOT. We haven't even tried Swan or Dolphin resaurants yet.
The pool is above average. The BW seems centrally located for MK, AK and water parks.

disney323
02-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Location is #1,

Activities to watch on the boardwalk are fun, We love to walk over to the BC and get icecream or gelato at the store in the BC. Many times we will walk over to epcot just to catch the fireworks.

Yvette
02-28-2009, 06:52 PM
We stayed there several years ago for Xmas and the reosrt was absolutely beautiful for the holiday....classic (think Bing Crosby) carols, beautiful decorations and such a sophisticated Martha's Vineyard feel to the place.

You are maybe 5-10 minutes to EPCOT's world showcase, which in our case, is a huge plus. Every night that we were there we ate dinner at EPCOT.

We could enjoy the fireworks from our balcony facing the cottages (I SWEAR I will stay in one of those some day:cloud9:!) Illumniations from that view was over the Eifel Tower. :pixie:

Drawbacks: Buses to AK and MK are a pain, I drove to both parks. But if you have older kids that spend most of their time at EPCOT and DHS, the location is amazing.