PDA

View Full Version : EMH & Fast Pass

WeLuvBuzz
02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I am sure this question has been asked before, but as we are staying on property for the first time I finally need the answer. Can you get fast passes during morning emh? Our plan is to go to AK and send the non-coaster person to get fast passes for the safari while the rest of us ride EE. Just want to make sure this works. For evening EMH I am assuming that there are no fast passes, or do they open the machines back up after the offsite guest closing time? Thanks for the info!

KylesMom
02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Congrats on staying on site for the first time!!!

Absolutely you can get FPs during a.m. EMH - they usually don't kick in until after 10:00 am, but we've never had a problem getting FPs during a.m. EMH for various attractions. The only caveat here would be if Disney is not opening a section of the park or the FP kiosks at the particular attraction you're going for. For example, in the MK, you can't get over to Splash Mountain/Big Thunder Mountain until 9 am, so you wouldn't be able to get a FP. I don't think you'll have any problems sending the non-coaster person for Kilamanjaro Safari FPs while you ride Everest, though. :mickey:

I think it all depends on what time of year you go as to whether or not they'll re-open the FP machines during p.m. EMH. We haven't participated in one for a few years (due to the crowds), but there have been some spotty reports that some attractions do indeed begin re-issuing FPs after p.m. EMH have started. I must admit that we never saw this happen first-hand.

MOJoe
02-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Last year during an Evening EMH at the Studios, my son and i watched in horror as hundreds fastpassed us for Rockin Roller Coaster. I did not know that SOME attractions SOMETIMES begin distributing fastpasses for evening EMH.
There needs to be a defined policy. It doesn't make sense that there were no EMH fastpasses for Soarin at Epcot the previous evening, but for Rockin Roller Coaster there were. In any case, i learned my lesson. Do not assume anything.

mrsgaribaldi
02-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I've seen them in the Mk and MGM for the evening EMHs.

WDWdriver
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
At AK you can get FastPasses during the morning EMH, but not the night EMH.

Also, (and I'm sure you already know this) be sure the non-coaster person has with him/her the park admission tickets for everyone in your party. I've seen too many guests try to get multiple FastPasses using only one ticket.