PDA

View Full Version : The Odyssey at Epcot

Imagineer1981
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I am sure this has been discussed, but what should be done with the Odyssey. I know its used for small special events and such, but it seems like a huge waste of space and could be home to a new attraction or restraunt

JPL
02-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I think it should be opened again as a table service restaurant since the only one in Future World is Coral Reef. A character meal for breakfast would also be a great option.

Mousemates
02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
A character meal for breakfast would also be a great option.

:thumbsup:

Disney_Barbie
02-25-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree. I think it should be a great Signature Dining location! I've always wondered why Epcot can offer SUCH an amazing variety of food but no signature resturant.

An other thing I wish was available but that I don't necessarily thing is ideal for a signature is a sit-down resturant that offered multiple cuisines. Sometimes we have a hard time choosing between 2 different cuisines (and also like to do a sit-down) I would love a nice sitdown resturant where we could enjoy several different cuisines.

IamBelle
02-25-2009, 05:01 PM
I saw where it is and it is empty, why did they decide to keep the sign that says "The Odyssey"? I have never been to WDW when this was open, it was a table service restaurant?? Was it space themed??

BMan62
02-25-2009, 07:36 PM
I saw where it is and it is empty, why did they decide to keep the sign that says "The Odyssey"? I have never been to WDW when this was open, it was a table service restaurant?? Was it space themed??

I believe it was Greek themed - Homer's "Odyssey" (not to be confused with "The Iliad")

JPL
02-25-2009, 07:45 PM
I saw where it is and it is empty, why did they decide to keep the sign that says "The Odyssey"?

The still use it for private parties and other events so the sign identifies the location when it's in use and it is still referred to as The Odyssey for these events.

badkitty
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Where in EPCOT is it located?

Aggie97
02-26-2009, 12:32 AM
A character meal for breakfast would also be a great option.

That would be very cool! :thumbsup:

Where in EPCOT is it located?

It sits off to the side, sort of between Test Track and the Mexico pavilion. There is a zig-zagging over-the-water pathway that leads to it; you may have seen the restrooms on the side of the building. Perhaps another poster will be able to give a more accurate description? :mickey:

LarryBoy
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
It is also where First Aid and the Baby Care Center are located.

gwfx1031
02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I recall many years ago it was a counter service restaurant. When I used to work there there was a CM restaurant on the backside of it as well.

We walked past it a few weeks ago and it looks to be a staging and rehearsing area for entertainment now. There were black drapes on the window but you could see a make shift stage and equipment inside.

badkitty
02-26-2009, 11:57 PM
That would be very cool! :thumbsup:

It sits off to the side, sort of between Test Track and the Mexico pavilion. There is a zig-zagging over-the-water pathway that leads to it; you may have seen the restrooms on the side of the building. Perhaps another poster will be able to give a more accurate description? :mickey:

Oh! Thanks! I didn't know that building had a name!

DigitalDaredevil
02-27-2009, 02:37 AM
I like the Odyssey building. It reminds me of old Epcot. I always peek inside when I pass. The restrooms there are not as busy as others too.

Sylvia
02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Odyssey was a counter service restaurant when EPCOT first opened. We used to go to Stargate (now Electric Umbrella) for breakfast, and Odyssey for a late lunch/early dinner. Because of its size, you could always find an empty table. We loved the decor; it didn't have a typical "fast food" look and meals there were always very relaxed.

It was one of our regular stops on every visit. We were really sorry to see it close.

Bethanymouse
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I think it should be opened again as a table service restaurant since the only one in Future World is Coral Reef. A character meal for breakfast would also be a great option.

Dont forget, there is also Garden Grill!;)

I agree with you though, I am all for it opening as a table service. However, Epcot probably feels they do not need another place to eat. After all, they have some of the best resturants in the world!

Imagineer1981
03-02-2009, 03:11 PM
If not a restraunt then I think tear it down and use the space. Talk about valuable space!!!!