PDA

View Full Version : Got all my adrs - lots of new places - please comment.

ChewyStriker
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, after waiting 45 min last night (I know some have waiting longer :() I got all my adrs for our upcoming May trip.

Please comment on any of them if you can share.

Dinner at Coral Reef (new)
Dinner at 50s Prime Time (new)
Dinner at Ohana (new)
BF at Crystal Palace
Dinner at Tempanyaki (sp?) (new)
BF at Cindy's Castle (new)

I'll be traveling with my DH and son, who will turn 4 during our trip. He loves fish, that's why we picked Coral Reef. Also liked Tokyo Dining last time we were there.

:mickey:

yjgirl32
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
My Ds4 loved the Coral Reef- was so fascinated by them. He will love it. I don't remember how the food was- but it wasn't bad- that I would have remembered. Have a great trip!

RocknBev
02-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I loved BF at Cindy's...I think everyone should do it at least once...the decor is beautiful and the princesses take their time with you.

Dinner at 50's Prime is a lot of fun as well. It is all about the experience. I don't remember the food as much...but I was sure to eat my veggies that nice!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Coral Reef is not a favorite of mine, but great atmosphere and probably a lot of fun with your fish-loving son.

Dinner at 'Ohana is a fun family experience, good food, great time.

BF at Crystal Palace, not bad for a buffet. I'm not a buffet fan, but breakfast is good and the character interaction makes it special.

Dinner at Teppan Edo, fun, and delicious.

I haven't done 50s Prime Time or
BF at the castle. But you've made some great choices! Enjoy!

PrettyMinnie
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Have fun at 50's Prime Time Show!! Such a good time! You will love it. It seems like you have your trip pretty well planned! Sorry about the wait.

beksy
02-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow your choices look great (and very similar to mine! ;) ). 50's Prime Time is a fun time, but I would suggest asking for a server who will play along if you really want a lot of interaction. The S'mores dessert is wonderful too! :tasty: We had lunch at the castle and enjoyed being royalty. For us, the atmosphere makes it worth the price. :princess: We had dinner at CP. The food was good and they were my favorite characters so this time we're trying breakfast. :pooh: :eeyore: The other three we have ADRs for and will be new for us too!

MistressGracey999
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
I wanted to share a story about O'hana's from our 2007 Disney trip.

We arrived (late!) and were told it would be about 30 more minutes for our reservation. There was a nice seating area right near the check-in podium, so we sat and took in all the wonderful decor of the Polynesian that we could from our little vantage point. I'm assuming there was a bar nearby where you could order drinks, as many other waiting customers were sipping on tropical-looking concoctions with fruits and umbrellas galore.

When we were notified our table was ready, we headed into a beautiful Hawaiian dining room, with a HUGE firepit in the middle where periodically flames would shoot up and the chefs would shout something.

No sooner than we sat down, "Cousin Ed" came around and welcomed us and told us what we could expect for our dinner that evening. He encouraged us to relax, enjoy ourselves, and promised to "feed us up right", LOL.

We were brought salad and glazed chicken wings to begin. I was unsure if my kids would eat the "regular" meal, and asked Cousin Ed at this time if they could choose something from the kid's menu even though they were technically too old to do so. Ed waited patiently while my kids hemmed and hawed over what to choose, then finally gave him their requests.

Here's where Ed earned his place in my family's collective memory. When he and his helper started to bring out the rest of our dishes, they had brought for my sons ONE OF EVERYTHING on the kid's menu, plus all the regular fare! My kid's eyes boggled out as Cousin Ed lay chicken fingers, PB&J, fries, hot dogs, plus shrimp and sausages and everything else in front of them!! I still smile thinking about their faces as that spread was laid out before them, LOL.

The food was really good at O'Hana, the dessert spectacular. But it was Cousin Ed and his very Disney-like way of making my kid's feel special that I'll always remember.

I mentioned to my kids today that we could make our dining reservations before too long for O'Hana again this year, and my youngest said "Be sure to ask if Ed will be there!" LOL

So be sure to ask for Ed! I hope you and your family come away from O'hana with a special memory, too!:thumbsup: Enjoy!

Belster
02-25-2009, 11:25 PM
I would say that you made a lot of great choices.

1. 50'S Prime Time love it we went 2 trips ago and had a great time. We will be going again in October!

2. Ohana I have gone for BF not for dinner. We enjoyed it. We will be doing dinner there this next trip.

3. Coral Reef was a fav of ours. We all had the steak and enjoyed it...the sweet treats were great too!! We will be going back.

4. I do not care for CP so I will not comment.

5. We love the castle for BF great food and worth the extra credit. Enjoy!!!!!

jcvalenti
02-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Coral Reef was a very nice surprise our last trip. My first time there, and I thought the steak I had there was better (and a better value) than Le Celier. Good wine list too, and obviously the tank view can't be beat.

50's Prime Time is one of my perennial favorites. Just a lot of fun, great food, and great shakes. I like the meatloaf.

Goes4FastPass
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I just read a recent review of Coral Reef on another site - a site that never says anything is ever anything but perfect at WDW and it panned Coral Reef. It seemed to be what we've heard before: Great view, good service, bad food and $190 for lunch for 4.

Hull-onian
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
All your choices are great, you can't go wrong!! Have fun at all places you chose.:mickey:

SBETigg
02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I just read a recent review of Coral Reef on another site - a site that never says anything is ever anything but perfect at WDW and it panned Coral Reef. It seemed to be what we've heard before: Great view, good service, bad food and $190 for lunch for 4.

I read that one, too. But the reviewer adds that he's a frequent visitor to Coral Reef and really loves it, was trying to show his friends how great it is. That visit fell flat but the reviewer still hoped to return. The problem with Coral Reef is probably that the food quality and service is inconsistent, which is honestly a problem at many WDW restaurants and I wouldn't let it stop me from trying any of them.

mom2morgan
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
The only two I've done are O'Hana's and Cindy's and really enjoyed them both. I recommed the Major Domo pie at Cindy's. Two of my party had it and it was very good! Much better than the pork tenderloin I had.