PDA

View Full Version : Specific stroller questions...

hope23
02-24-2009, 05:39 PM
We are considering renting a stroller and wondering some of the specifics of how it works. How long do you usually have to wait to get your stroller? If you arrive before the park opens (for the rope drop or early ADRs) are strollers available at that point? Do they run out of strollers very often? Thanks!!

iheartdisney
02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
We have RARELY (if ever...I can't remember ever having to wait) had to wait for a stroller. And we've visited at busy times of the year. They are so efficient! Filling out your name tag seems to take the most time. Personally, I've never seen them run out of strollers.

bouncer
02-24-2009, 06:55 PM
If you choose the length of stay option (pay for the week upfront on day 1 which saves a few $$ btw) the process goes a lot faster too. After you've paid the first day they give you stubs for each day you've paid for. You take that stub to the stand next to strollers (no need to go back to cashier to wait in line) they will stamp it with the date, you can fill in your new name card & off you go.

If you jump from park to park in the same day, keep your name card from the first park and do the same thing. Show them your stamped ticket stub, put the name card in the holder and off you go!

Also, I have never seen them run out of stroller either. I'm not sure if the strollers are available before rope drop or not, hopefully someone else will have that answer for you.

VAdizneefan
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
To save even more time, I have just kept the same name card from day to day. :mickey:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
02-24-2009, 09:08 PM
I heard now that you can now BUY a Disney stroller. From what I heard, it was a nicer umbrella stroller. Can anyone help me learn more about this?

scoot241
02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
How much does the length of stay option cost?

Buttercup
02-24-2009, 10:44 PM
There is a bit of a discount (or at least there used to be) if you buy a length of stay stroller rental, as opposed to going to the cashier every day buying an individual day's worth of a rental.

But I don't know since they jacked up the price for strollers if they still offer the discount. Intercot doesn't mention anything about the discount anymore so maybe that is gone? Right now the daily rates are $15.00 for a single stroller for the day and $31.00 for a double for the day. (So it's cheaper for 2 separate strollers than one double)

SharkBait
02-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I do not understand why people pay $15 a day to rent a stroller from the Disney. We bought a $20 umbrella stroller, and bring that with us. I never got the renting a stroller thing, am I missing something?

iheartdisney
02-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I do not understand why people pay $15 a day to rent a stroller from the Disney. We bought a $20 umbrella stroller, and bring that with us. I never got the renting a stroller thing, am I missing something?

From our experience, we felt the Disney strollers were easier to navigate than your typical umbrella or regular stroller. My husband referred to them as "ATV's of the stroller world." Plus, folding, unfolding, hanging onto our personal strollers on Disney transportation was never fun. Once we tried the Disney strollers we never brought our own ever again. We're in a quandry now, however. Our boys have outgrown strollers in the real world but at WDW and the amount of walking you do it's another story...and now, quite costly. We've decided to go without this upcoming trip and hope for the best. If we need a stroller at least their available even if it will put a serious dent in the wallet.

TinkerMel
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
We did have to wait in line for about 20 minutes at park opening on our first day. We rented for our entire stay, and then never had to wait again. It just takes some time check everyone out, take payment, have them make their nametag, etc, etc.
We love the Disney strollers. They are roomier and easier to push. They are great for my kids. They have outgrown the umbrella stroller, but are not yet ready to do that much walking.

bouncer
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
How much does the length of stay option cost?

From the WDW site, Plan, Guest Services, Stroller Rentals....

For Guests who require a stroller rental for multiple days, we offer a length of stay rental ticket where you make a one-time payment transaction for as many days of rental as you will need. Upon visiting a Disney Theme Park, show your receipt at the stroller rental location and you will be expedited through the queue with a reduced wait time.

The multiple day rental fee is:

$13.00 per day for a single-passenger stroller
$27.00 per day for a double-passenger stroller

sweetnquirky
02-25-2009, 08:31 PM
I have never heard of them running out of strollers. Waiting in line is no big deal. If you are going for several days be sure to buy it all up front it saves you a few bucks! Have fun on your trip!!!!!!

disneymama09
03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
We always bring strollers, but A friend of ours absolutely feels the same way as some do, that the Disney Strollers are easier for her, We have never had to wait long for her to get a stroller or have they ran out. They only thing that ran out on us once, was getting an Electric Buggy for my Grandma, Those can go quickly.