PDA

View Full Version : first timers trip report Feb.20th thru the 23rd

Tiggerlovr9000
02-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Flew out Friday with no problems and landed at John Wayne airport at about 11:00a.m. The weather was amazing and I loved the airport. It was very easy to find everything. Went to visit my dh's family and had a very nice time. Checked into the Crowne Royal on Harbor Drive Blvd. at 4:30p.m. The motel was very beautiful and the staff very helpful. I do not have one complaint about this motel. Since my dh just got off his 4 day shift, he wanted to go to sleep. While he slept my dd and I took the shuttle to downtown disney. We shopped and watched the musicians that were on the sidewalks. They were very good. Only downside to the night was getting a hotdog at the pretzel place, it was inedible and the lemonade was awful. Went back to motel and slept. Next morning we slept in and had a quiet breakfast at the motel. After dealing with the traffic yesterday my dh decided we should rent a driver to take us to the beach. We went to NewPort Beach. It cost 100 dollars round trip which we thought was definitely worth the money. We spent the whole day walking and looking at the homes(wow) We took the ferry across to Balboa Island and ate lobster at Harborside Restaurant. It was a first for my dd and myself. We both decided next time we will have shrimp. I mean the meal was fine but once was enough.The ocean was beautiful and we watched the surfers, skaters and bikes until sundown. Went back and swam in the pool and sat in the hot-tub. Next morning was our DL day. We were at the park by 7:40a.m. bought our tickets and then walked over to IHOP for breakfast. Went to magic kingdom and the first thing we did was buy my dh a grumpy shirt.:blush: Then we headed for tomorowland. First ride was buzz light year where my dh gloated because he beat my score.LOL. Then space mountain. I starting comparing WDW to DL and then realized that was not fare because they are two different places after that I started having a good time. Loved the storybook ride and road the riverboat which I loved. The crowds were manageable and only got fast-passes for 2 rides. One ride did not get to see was Indiana Jones. Oh well next time. Over-all impression was very good. The park was clean, food good and the cm's helpful and cheery.Stopped at guest relations and got a first timer pin.:mickey: We were able to find 2 hidden mickeys one on haunted mansion and 1 on winnie the pooh ride. It was actually my dh that reminded me to look for them.:blush: Had an early flight the next morning so we didnt stay till close.:(Flight home uneventful which is a good thing. I love flying southwest. This trip was a trip of firsts such as booking it all on line my self which I was scared about but it all worked. :thumbsup:Thanks for all the help and for reading this report..

DixieBelle
02-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Sounds wonderful!!
I so want to get back to Disneyland!!:mickey:
:number1:....Thanks for sharing!

BluewaterBrad
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

doodleboy
02-24-2009, 08:59 PM
We are big fans of DL after our last trip with kids. When we lived in San Diego, before kids, we visited once and it was so crowded we never went back while living there. We went back for a family wedding in Sept 07 and decided to take four days at DL with the kids. We loved it and cannot wait to go back.

faline
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Disneyland is a very special place! Sounds like you had fun!

NotaGeek
02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post! I am glad you enjoyed yourself ... :tink:

Magic Smiles
02-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the post. I hope that we hear back from more of the first timers. I myself will be a first timer, but not until August 09.

fielin
02-28-2009, 07:09 AM
I will be a first timer in SoCal march 21-31. I will be in Disneyland the 24th and the 25th (plus a 3rd day if necessary !).

I can't wait to see it all ! I'm happy to see that they have first timers buttons there too !

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: