PDA

View Full Version : espn restaurant

motherof4
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
My husband wants to eat at espn when we go in Aug. my daughters and I would rather go somewhere better has anyone ever eaten there? is it really that good and has anyone ever seen any famous sports people I have heard that many people were spotted there.

Luv Eeyore
02-24-2009, 12:52 PM
IMHO the food is ok, I've had better food at other restaurants on the BW. The service we've had has been hit or miss. We've never seen any sports stars, but we have been there during live broadcasts and that has been fun. It is not my favorite place, but we can usually get in without as much wait as other restaurants, and since I usually pick where we eat, I don't mind going when DH asks to go there.

barnaby
02-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Any place that has sports on all the time and TVs in the bathrooms is :thumbsup: in my book. :D

Charlee
02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
My family enjoyed ESPN - the food is just a slightly nicer version of a CS - burgers, sandwiches, salad's and fries but they are very good for what you get. I had some kind of chicken sandwich that had goats cheese and salad and it was very good.

The prices were very reasonable and the one advantage is that you can just walk up and get a table.

Both me and my mum are not big sports fans but we enjoyed the food and dad enjoyed the sports!

We would eat there again!

RedSoxFan
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Our family likes ESPN. Burgers are good. Our family are big sports fans so it appeals to us.

MOJoe
02-27-2009, 11:39 AM
ESPN Club is a sports lovers paradise, with TV screens of all sizes, at every possible viewing angle, showing games from across the nation. Sometimes there are live broadcasts, and sports trivia contests too. So for a sports fan, (your DH) this is a place he could easily spend a few hours hanging out or watching a good game.
For the non-sports fan, (you and your DD's) you could walk over to Beaches n Cream for a meal and Ice Cream, or try one of several TS restaurants close by. There are also midway style games and fun at the Boardwalk, and minigolf is across the street from the Swan. And of course Epcot and the Studios are within walking distance. So there are lots of opportunities for everyone to have fun. And isn' that what WDW is all about?

disneychick62
02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Good food , Great atmosphere...The Best pina coladas around...Luv it! :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
We ate there twice. I don't want to eat there again. The food is so ordinary. I make better burgers at home.
Disney has real restaurants that are much better. Even though we always stay at the BW, we are done going to the ESPN restaurant.

pugslave
02-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I got sick after eating there twice! I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I stay WAY away from there!! I do agree with Beaches and Cream or Big River (at the Boardwalk)

kakn7294
02-27-2009, 03:18 PM
The food is good - nothing spectactular but good. The atmosphere is awesome - if you like sports. Even my DDs like it and they aren't that into sports. We've never seen anyone famous in the restaurant but then again, we've always been there to watch a Steeler game so unless that famous person sat down next to me, I wouldn't know who else is there. We did see the youngs athletes who were participating in an ESPN awards show (I'm having a blonde moment and can't remember which kids or what award!) a few years ago out on the boardwalk right after a Steeler game. It was a Thursday night in December 2006.

disney323
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
It's a bar / restaurant just like you would find anywhere else, except they have a ton of tv's everywhere (Bathrooms included). Prices, Food are good, busy most of the time, real busy during big games.

We have been there about a dozen times and saw a live broadcast once. Most of the time you will not see anyone famous.

hardingella
02-28-2009, 06:24 PM
We go there for the atmosphere. It has a great buzz about it. Its like TGI Fridays, but with tv screens EVERYWHERE.
We got there early, ordered drinks and sat on the boardwalk soaking up the view, and people watching.It was fun.:thumbsup:

crazygoalie39
02-28-2009, 09:36 PM
We love this place. Screens everywhere. Great for sports fans. Food is very american and not fancy, but it's very fun. :mickey: